No announcement yet.

James Johnson at the 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Draymond's reach vs JJ's? I know JJ is similar size but Green just seems longer and more disruptive

Comment

BrydenB wrote: View Post
      What is Draymond's reach vs JJ's? I know JJ is similar size but Green just seems longer and more disruptive
      JJ's reach is 8'9.5"
      Green's reach is 8'9"
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

BrydenB wrote: View Post
        Pretty much the same...Green has half an inch on JJ on wingspan...JJ has half an inch on Green on standing reach. That's per their old draftexpress pages.

Comment

I'd would absolutely love Green and JJ playing together. They'd be able to guard and score on any SF/PF combo out there. Imagine a player using a screen to get JJ off him only to find Green has switched onto him. That's only the defensive side. Green can stretch the floor while JJ goes inside, so they'd be very similar offensively to the JJ/PP combo people want to see (myself included).

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            I'd would absolutely love Green and JJ playing together. They'd be able to guard and score on any SF/PF combo out there. Imagine a player using a screen to get JJ off him only to find Green has switched onto him. That's only the defensive side. Green can stretch the floor while JJ goes inside, so they'd be very similar offensively to the JJ/PP combo people want to see (myself included).
            One of the reasons why I'd like Caroll too, but with JJ at the 4 in that situation. Would be pretty hard to stop us then.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              One of the reasons why I'd like Caroll too, but with JJ at the 4 in that situation. Would be pretty hard to stop us then.
              Yeah, that would be a nice "poor man's" version of JJ/Green. If we can't get Green I'd definitely want to make an offer to Carroll.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                Yeah, that would be a nice "poor man's" version of JJ/Green. If we can't get Green I'd definitely want to make an offer to Carroll.
                Middleton on the Bucks is also an RFA i think. Either he or Carroll could be gotten with a slight overpay.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Middleton on the Bucks is also an RFA i think. Either he or Carroll could be gotten with a slight overpay.
                  I think he has a option for next year, or can become a RFA, but good idea.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    I think he has a option for next year, or can become a RFA, but good idea.
                    Moe Harkless is also apparently very available and depending on who is available in the draft swapping first - second or straight 1st pick with the Magic for him and Nicholson could solve the 3-4 issues esp. with TH a UFA

Comment

Green has such a different skill set than JJ, they're only similar in size, really.

I've wondered about using JJ as a point-forward 4 ex. how Kidd used Pierce in Brooklyn (or LeBron in Miami - don't laugh and don't take the comparison too far). Theoretically JJ has the handles and passing ability for the role, not sure he can ever develop the decision-making needed. It would be an interesting role to try with the second unit.

But yeah, the Raps need him to help with perimeter defense.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Green has such a different skill set than JJ, they're only similar in size, really.

I've wondered about using JJ as a point-forward 4 ex. how Kidd used Pierce in Brooklyn (or LeBron in Miami - don't laugh and don't take the comparison too far). Theoretically JJ has the handles and passing ability for the role, not sure he can ever develop the decision-making needed. It would be an interesting role to try with the second unit.

But yeah, the Raps need him to help with perimeter defense.
                        Are green and JJ really that different?

I think you may be overestimating JJ's court vision and distributing. I don't see him creating a ton of buckets - for himself or others.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

New lineup i would like to see:

JV
                          JJ
                          Ross
                          DD
                          KL
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

JV
                            JJ
                            Ross
                            DD
                            KL
                            Against smaller teams without a SF that's fine and replace Ross with JJ and use 2Pats vs larger teams. Another option is don't adjust at all with 20+ games left

Comment

There are advantages and disadvantages to this move. While his agility would be an advantage over opposition bigs, rebounding may be a concern. It'll work though.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                                I certainly would like to see more of him at the 4.

However, my concern is this: you put him at the 4 and the most likely result is that other teams stay big, he's got a PF on him, and he'll lose the advantage that he has now in posting up smaller players. However, if you go small, put him at the four along-side a floor-spacing big at center, that could work.

The J.J. / P.P. combo just makes so much sense. Patterson pulls the PF out to the perimeter, and Johnson goes to work against the SF in the post. If the defense collapses, pass it out to Patterson for the wide open 3.
                                I don't share any of these concerns. Defensively, he is as big, as strong, and quicker than pretty much any PF in the league.

Offensively he is useless >20 feet from the rim anyways, so why slot him as a wing player? Why not use him on the low block on switches/miss-matches. And since he is so quick with great hands, having him run a high PnR he will be able to destroy. Or you could just give him the ball at the high post and he could face-up and isolate from the FT line against slower PF's. Would lead to many dump off passes to JV, and kickout passes to the corner for Ross*

*which he is still good at, we just never use him there)

TRex wrote: View Post

JV
                                JJ
                                Ross
                                DD
                                KL
                                Thanks for rolling out the lineup I suggested a month ago...

It also was extremely effective last week in the first half of a game....can't remember who it was against. But it was very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X