X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump
    replied
    BrydenB wrote: View Post
    What is Draymond's reach vs JJ's? I know JJ is similar size but Green just seems longer and more disruptive
    Pretty much the same...Green has half an inch on JJ on wingspan...JJ has half an inch on Green on standing reach. That's per their old draftexpress pages.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    BrydenB wrote: View Post
    What is Draymond's reach vs JJ's? I know JJ is similar size but Green just seems longer and more disruptive
    JJ's reach is 8'9.5"
    Green's reach is 8'9"

Leave a comment:

• BrydenB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RepTdot
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I'd agree with this, but what happens with Ross? You know not giving him any playing time won't happen.
    yea not this season...although i'd personally give his 12-16mins to Fields for on court reasons that would plummet Ross trade value even more and we need that for the off season...JJ/Ross are staying at the 3 this year.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    distorsun wrote: View Post
    I would like to see JJ at the 4; because I noticed a bit of a chemistry defensively when JJ and JV work side-by-side and he helps JV a lot.

There's only ONE PROBLEM: Who would be at the 3 spot (I don't see PPat there, Ross is Ross, DD struggles at the 3)

Unless you put ROSS as SG; DD back at the 3 ???

Maybe it's time to give Ross a try at the SG position; we HAVE to do something with the Kid.

The Line-ups would look something like this :
    - KLOW. ROSS. DD. JJ. JV
    - Lou. GV. (Fields??). Pat. Amir/Chuck.
    Yep, that's the problem with that as a starting lineup. It might be okay, if Lou/GV/Ross are the first sub into the game if Amir picks up a couple of quick fouls, or is having an off-night, or as a standard rotation idea.

That said, I'd still like to have an extended look at the People's Starting Lineup: #JV/PP/JJ/DD/KL

#StartEm
    Last edited by golden; Fri Feb 27, 2015, 12:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bandit
    replied
    I just want to see JJ starting next to PP... They're both mobile enough to hit the perimeter and get back to the paint defensively and both (especially johnson) are able to do well on a switch, johnson is a beast in the paint and pat is a beast on the perimeter while both are willing passers.

It just seems to make sense. Amir is great, but the flexibility you get from those two at the forward spots is unreal. Depending on what you want to run Offensively/Defensively they are the perfect role player pairing and completely interchangeable at their positions

Leave a comment:

• distorsun
    replied
    I would like to see JJ at the 4; because I noticed a bit of a chemistry defensively when JJ and JV work side-by-side and he helps JV a lot.

There's only ONE PROBLEM: Who would be at the 3 spot (I don't see PPat there, Ross is Ross, DD struggles at the 3)

Maybe it's time to give Ross a try at the SG position; we HAVE to do something with the Kid.

- KLOW. ROSS. DD. JJ. JV

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    RepTdot wrote: View Post
    this is the key statement...JJ better in our lineup at the 3 THIS year...with PP & Amir we have depth at PF as opposed to having to rely on Ross again at SF...at this point i'd honestly be giving any Ross minutes to Fields...at least he brings it defensively and is a point forward (great passer/play maker) rather than a "missed 3 & no D" TRoss. JJ is a starter quality player whose game is more suited to the 4, he gives Masai the option in the off season to sign or trade for a star quality SF or PF and have JJ plug in the other side next season.
    I'd agree with this, but what happens with Ross? You know not giving him any playing time won't happen.

Leave a comment:

• RepTdot
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    JJ works as a 4, but he's better off in our line-up as a 3 this year.
    this is the key statement...JJ better in our lineup at the 3 THIS year...with PP & Amir we have depth at PF as opposed to having to rely on Ross again at SF...at this point i'd honestly be giving any Ross minutes to Fields...at least he brings it defensively and is a point forward (great passer/play maker) rather than a "missed 3 & no D" TRoss. JJ is a starter quality player whose game is more suited to the 4, he gives Masai the option in the off season to sign or trade for a star quality SF or PF and have JJ plug in the other side next season.

Leave a comment:

• distorsun
    replied

- KLOW. ROSS. DD. JJ. JV

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    JJ works as a 4, but he's better off in our line-up as a 3 this year.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Jj would be a great draymond green kinda 4 I think

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    rightsideup wrote: View Post
    Amir is listed at 210 but I would not doubt he is 235
    Yeah I'm really shocked to hear that JJ has 40 pounds on Amir..

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    octothorp wrote: View Post
    I certainly would like to see more of him at the 4.

However, my concern is this: you put him at the 4 and the most likely result is that other teams stay big, he's got a PF on him, and he'll lose the advantage that he has now in posting up smaller players. However, if you go small, put him at the four along-side a floor-spacing big at center, that could work.

The J.J. / P.P. combo just makes so much sense. Patterson pulls the PF out to the perimeter, and Johnson goes to work against the SF in the post. If the defense collapses, pass it out to Patterson for the wide open 3.
    JJ is better defending SF and Guards. Using him at the 4 means Dear, Lowry or Ross/Lou are defending SF or PF. Defensively Raptors are trading Amir for a guard with JJ at the 4.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    You all know i prefer JJ at the 4. He can play the 3 too but i prefer him at the 4. I think he can be just as good/effective as Draymond Green. JJ in my opinion can do everything that Green can do except shoot the ball consistently.

Also, i was just looking at JJ's profile on NBA.com. He's 6'9 250lbs. Draymond is 6'7 230lbs. Our starting PF Amir Johnson is 6'9 210lbs.

The way Amir has played this yaer, i wouldn't bring him back. As a backup sure, but definitely not as a starter. He's 27 years old but he plays like he's 37. Raptors need a new starting PF next year. Patterson could be that guy, but i prefer him on his current role. Would love to see JJ get mroe playing time at the 4.
    Amir is listed at 210 but I would not doubt he is 235

Leave a comment:

Working...
X