X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    I don't know how unfamiliar these players are though.

Bargnani - 9th year in the league.
    Amundson - 9th years
    Hardaway Jr - 2 years in the division
    Shved - 3 years
    Aldrich - 5th year

If you can't get it together to play this team then you need help. The scouting report shouldn't need to be more than "play well" to beat this group of 12-46 Knickerbockers.
    Also during the regular season, your defensive and offensive system remains relatively un-changed, with only minor changes when you come across the Durants and LeBrons. This has been stated by players (ex Jalen) and coaches (ex Pop).

However, if your system is to weak to contain the Hardaway JR.s of the game, the system being used is broken.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    caccia wrote: View Post
    One other thought I had about the game: when New York fields a squad of unfamiliar names, the players have little idea what to expect. It's like a baseball pitcher: certain guys you pitch low and away, others you feed curve balls, others fastballs with a change of pace for the third strike. If you do not know your opponent, it's harder to beat them.
    I don't know how unfamiliar these players are though.

Bargnani - 9th year in the league.
    Amundson - 9th years
    Hardaway Jr - 2 years in the division
    Shved - 3 years
    Aldrich - 5th year

If you can't get it together to play this team then you need help. The scouting report shouldn't need to be more than "play well" to beat this group of 12-46 Knickerbockers.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    caccia wrote: View Post
    One other thought I had about the game: when New York fields a squad of unfamiliar names, the players have little idea what to expect. It's like a baseball pitcher: certain guys you pitch low and away, others you feed curve balls, others fastballs with a change of pace for the third strike. If you do not know your opponent, it's harder to beat them.
    And you just stated why Casey needs to go.

He doesn't adjust, he doesn't adapt.

The league knows what the team is going to do night in and night out without fail especially DeRozan.

Leave a comment:

• caccia
    replied

Leave a comment:

• caccia
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Just have to look at what JV did in the second half to see what should have been in the first.
    I am not in the "fire Casey" camp, but the team needs to get their collective heads screwed on straight, and play with some semblance of offensive strategy.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm no NBA head coach but that was a game where they should've DOMINATED inside. But all they did the first 3 three quarters was shoot 3's. Absolutely disgusting to watch.

I mean, look at the Knicks frontcourt. Bargnani, Aldrich and Amundson. No one on that team can stop JV, or Amir or JJ inside. JV only touched the ball ONCE in the 1st half and that was the first possession of the game lol. He scored btw.
    Just have to look at what JV did in the second half to see what should have been in the first.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I'm no NBA head coach but that was a game where they should've DOMINATED inside. But all they did the first 3 three quarters was shoot 3's. Absolutely disgusting to watch.

I mean, look at the Knicks frontcourt. Bargnani, Aldrich and Amundson. No one on that team can stop JV, or Amir or JJ inside. JV only touched the ball ONCE in the 1st half and that was the first possession of the game lol. He scored btw.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    Because any shot DeMar can get off is a good one for him

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    The fact that Casey won't talk about this is exactly why he needs to be fired.
    Hopefully MU sees this quote.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    1. This thread is pretty damn hilarious. I'm not even mad about the performance because it's been going this direction for a while. Hopefully this embarrassment causes someone (hoping respected vet Amir) to say something to the guards about their play.

2. We'll play poorly but beat Philly next game. Setting up a nice bounce back victory against Cleveland, causing all the "look at the record, 2nd in the east!" posters to proclaim that all is well.

3. Rest In Peace Mr. Z.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    jonnywalker wrote: View Post
    Should've had Mo Pete fill in for Matty D lol
    Should have had Mo Pete fill in for Demar.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Morning.

Leave a comment:

• godkingleonidas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jonnywalker
    replied
    37-17 seems like so long ago those were good days

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    People need to relax. The team is in a slump right now and will figure out his way out of it.

Don't get me wrong, there are some serious holes in this team's personnel and style of play which MU failed to fix over the season but things are not as bad as everyone thinks they are.

We are, as a team, a middle of the pack eastern conference team and have been over achieving this far.
    Zainab wrote: View Post

A "slump" implies short term

Since XMas, the Raptors record is 15 wins, and 15 losses. And we are seriously looking at going below .500 since that mark. 30 games is over 1/3 of the season, that is plenty sample size of legitimately crappy play that also isn't producing wins.

TRex wrote: View Post
    One word: effort.

This bugs me. Why?

Because Ross has so little role in the offense that if his teammates aren't producing, it is going to seriously effect his +/-. Also, let's not forget the 5 or 6 times Lou fell asleep and let his man a clear back-door cut to the rim.

Ross had almost nothing to do with the abysmal play of the Raptors tonight. Especially when he only took 2 shots, and had some nice passes that weren't completed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X