Masai's one big mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Does Javale Mcgee's potential buyout with Philly move a needle for this team? A rim-protecting backup C? Masai connection is inevitable. He is a need in crunch-time since JV is yet to be trusted by his coach.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...adelphia-76ers
    You think McGee will be trusted by the coaching staff? That's like a red flag that Casey does indeed need to be fired, since no coach or team in general has ever really trusted what McGee brings on the court.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Did you just call Javale McGee a veteran presence?
      Yes, in the presence of Big Val, Bruno , I call him a Ve presence and a difference maker.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
        Yes, in the presence of Big Val, Bruno , I call him a Ve presence and a difference maker.
        JV, now in his third year, plays more like a vet than McGee ever has. More years does not automatically equal veteran presence.

Comment

He'll definitely make a difference in how many times we get shown on Shaqtin A Fool.

Comment

I'm not even saying I wouldn't mind picking him up, but I wouldn't be expecting a veteran presence. I'd hope for a guy realizing he's really close to washing out of the league, and would be really receptive and eager to fit in. Raps would get an athletic rim protector who would help keep Casey from going small. Fuck I hate how much we go small.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
              He ain't no Hassan Whiteside....
              You must know the entire league passed over this guy a couple of times even after using him. He played in China and he played in Lebanon. Just read a piece the other day which spoke to the amazing turnaround he has made with the Heat. Well, they won the lottery on HW seeing the light on their watch. I remember remarking that he was having a good summer league with the Raptors. But it wasnt entirely his talent. Apparently it wasnt enough for many to overlook his ego problems and interaction skills. Miami were desperate and gave him a chance. It happens.

Comment

This would be a big move !!! He will add them some Vet presence and provide a good competition in the training sessions and ...
                I be very happy with MU if he managed to do this.
                If Javale Mcgee was on the raps, I could only hope that he was kept far, far away from guys like Bruno, Bebe, JV, and Ross.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  If Javale Mcgee was on the raps, I could only hope that he was kept far, far away from guys like Bruno, Bebe, JV, and Ross.
                  Javale Mcgee isn't a bad guy. He's just clumsy and isn't very focused, he's basically a loud mouthed T Ross

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    For a million time. Bruno is NOWHERE near ready to play in the NBA. Calling him a better 1 on 1 defender than DeMar is compleltely RIDICULOUS.

The fact that he's not even good enough to play in the D-League tells you everything.
                    First of all, you misunderstand, I'm not saying he is NBA ready, but I'm saying "He should play..somewhere...ANYWHERE" in order to see how close or how far he is. We really don'T know, he hasn't had a chance to play here nor in the D League.
                    By the way, saying he's not good enough for the D League shows that you haven't done your diligence.
                    1 The mad ants do not have to play him or COACH HIM, they are not a raps farm team
                    2. The mad ants are winning (so a coach would not just throw a rookie in the starting line-up)
                    3. He hasn't had enough minutes, so no real opportunity there

Saying he's a better 1-1 defender than Demar is not that ridiculous. DD is a better system defender, ie we try to hide him as much as we can in defense, but if we're talking about "ball containment", "shot disruption, lateral movement, I don't think I'm that far off.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      his biggest mistake has been throwing away last years draft bruno is in the d league not even playing kyle anderson went after him and is putting up 22 pts a game down there. if everyone did love MU i would say fire him
                      We can judge this draft pick in 3 years. The pick was never going to be anyone that got minutes, we just don't have the roster space. So it made sense to go with a project since the pick would have several years before we needed it to play. If coming off their rookie deals Kyle Anderson is worth more than Bruno, then you've got a point. It Bruno is out of the league and Anderson is a $10M+ a year player, then Masai botched it. Fact is, we won't know until several years down the road.

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
                        First of all, you misunderstand, I'm not saying he is NBA ready, but I'm saying "He should play..somewhere...ANYWHERE" in order to see how close or how far he is. We really don'T know, he hasn't had a chance to play here nor in the D League.
                        By the way, saying he's not good enough for the D League shows that you haven't done your diligence.
                        1 The mad ants do not have to play him or COACH HIM, they are not a raps farm team
                        2. The mad ants are winning (so a coach would not just throw a rookie in the starting line-up)
                        3. He hasn't had enough minutes, so no real opportunity there

Saying he's a better 1-1 defender than Demar is not that ridiculous. DD is a better system defender, ie we try to hide him as much as we can in defense, but if we're talking about "ball containment", "shot disruption, lateral movement, I don't think I'm that far off.
                        Bruno and Bebe are really underused even compared to other rookies on winning teams. Over the course of a season and games there are always moments. Forget which team but there was a "fucking wall" scenario where either could have prevented an inbound shot. Also Bruno may be the second best 3pt non-guard on the roster

Comment

Who could've Masai realistically added? I get we need an upgrade but how?

The more i sit on it and don't watch these awful games the more i realize MU was using this season as a chance to see how the team would play as a whole and going from there.

I expect big changes this offseason.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                            We can judge this draft pick in 3 years. The pick was never going to be anyone that got minutes, we just don't have the roster space. So it made sense to go with a project since the pick would have several years before we needed it to play. If coming off their rookie deals Kyle Anderson is worth more than Bruno, then you've got a point. It Bruno is out of the league and Anderson is a $10M+ a year player, then Masai botched it. Fact is, we won't know until several years down the road.
                            Like I said u guys love MU to me he wasted a draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              You're still getting on him for not getting your guy?
                              grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              Like I said u guys love MU to me he wasted a draft
                              I think these two posts need to be closer together
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                I think these two posts need to be closer together
                                When I see Bruno getting dnp in the d league. The d league! For real, u guys still going to argue about which is the better pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X