If/When the Axe Falls : Interim Head Coach Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If/When the Axe Falls : Interim Head Coach Poll

Which of these assistant coaches is best suited to step in and right the Titanic Division leading Raptors?

Bill Bayno (College - Sacred Heart)
    16.00%
    Nick Nurse (College - )
    56.00%
    Jesse Mermuys (College - Arizona)
    4.00%
    Tom Sterner (College - Millersville State)
    24.00%
    Alex McKechnie (College - )
    0.00%
    Jama Mahlalela (College - British Columbia (Canada))
    0.00%

Alex Mckenchie will never be head coach. Meh to the rest
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Where is the Leo rautins option?

Comment

Mermuys & Nurse, thus far neck & neck.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
          Mermuys & Nurse, thus far neck & neck.
          Jesse Mermuys seems absolutely clueless to me.

Mckechnie is a trainer.

The best suited would be one of Bayno or Nurse, or maybe Sterner. But it's moot, because I think there's zero chance Masai fires Casey in-season.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Jesse Mermuys seems absolutely clueless to me.

Mckechnie is a trainer.

The best suited would be one of Bayno or Nurse, or maybe Sterner. But it's moot, because I think there's zero chance Masai fires Casey in-season.
            Agreed. I would lean heavily to Nurse, myself. But agree on the moot point.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If we must be serious in a topic that is about as likely as a black polar bear entering your living room in the next 20 seconds, nurse would be the man.

Comment

nurse is our offensive coordinator is he not? and our offense has been absolutely terrible.

while casey is obviously the main guy calling the shots, i doubt nurse has no part in this horrendous display on the court this year.

Comment

#BringBackButch

Comment

I'd lean towards Nick Nurse with Tom Sterner doing all press conferences

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      nurse is our offensive coordinator is he not? and our offense has been absolutely terrible.

while casey is obviously the main guy calling the shots, i doubt nurse has no part in this horrendous display on the court this year.
                      I don't think Nurse has had any effect on the offence. which means one of 2 things. A) he's useless, or B) casey doesn't listen to him. Based on Casey's "hell or high water" approach with Bargs and now Demar, I'm saying B.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                        I don't think Nurse has had any effect on the offence. which means one of 2 things. A) he's useless, or B) casey doesn't listen to him. Based on Casey's "hell or high water" approach with Bargs and now Demar, I'm saying B.
                        thats funny because last year people were saying nick nurse deserves all the credit for the offense. this year the offense sucks so it must be caseys fault now? seems very selective in placing the blame to fit a narrative.

Comment

None of them are good.

If MU fired the coach, then I would like to come out and states in specific details:

1) what are his short term and long term goals?
                          2) When does he see this team being ready to compete?
                          3) When does he see this team going for the title?

No more vague answers about now and future and blah blah blah blah ...

Set you goal so you can be judged based on achieving it.

What ever our goals are, that should dictate what kind of coach we are going to get.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                            If you think Nurse doesn't have any effect on the offence, all it means is that you have no idea of of what you're talking about.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              thats funny because last year people were saying nick nurse deserves all the credit for the offense. this year the offense sucks so it must be caseys fault now? seems very selective in placing the blame to fit a narrative.
                              Well, Casey's the head coach. All decisions about what happens on court go directly through him. If Nurse designed an offence that works, then of course he should get credit - just like Casey got credit for the defence he designed in Dallas. But if anything on the court stops working, the head coach is responsible to fix it.

And also, NBA offences aren't rocket science. It's not like you're going to design an offence and wonder, can this work? Everything they use is time tested, and no one tries to re-invent the wheel. It's really a matter choosing what to do based on personnel, and the style you like/want. After that, then it's about effort and execution. Again: all of these thoughts/decisions are overseen and approved by the head coach, and the head coach has to take the blame when something doesn't work/is broken.
                              Last edited by JimiCliff; Sun Mar 1, 2015, 12:31 PM.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                              X