No announcement yet.

If/When the Axe Falls : Interim Head Coach Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty well delusional if any of us actually believe we know which assistant would make the best coach.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      thats funny because last year people were saying nick nurse deserves all the credit for the offense. this year the offense sucks so it must be caseys fault now? seems very selective in placing the blame to fit a narrative.
      The offense comparing this year and last year is overal not the same.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Jesse Mermuys seems absolutely clueless to me.

Mckechnie is a trainer.

The best suited would be one of Bayno or Nurse, or maybe Sterner. But it's moot, because I think there's zero chance Masai fires Casey in-season.
        There's only one answer to this question, and frankly, I'm appalled with a lot of what's being said in here. It has to be Sterner. We'd get to see him do post game press conferences. Can you even imagine?
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Well, Casey's the head coach. All decisions about what happens on court go directly through him. If Nurse designed an offence that works, then of course he should get credit - just like Casey got credit for the defence he designed in Dallas. But if anything on the court stops working, the head coach is responsible to fix it.

And also, NBA offences aren't rocket science. It's not like you're going to design an offence and wonder, can this work? Everything they use is time tested, and no one tries to re-invent the wheel. It's really a matter choosing what to do based on personnel, and the style you like/want. After that, then it's only a matter effort and execution. Again: all of these thoughts/decisions are overseen and approved by the head coach, and the head coach has to take the blame when something doesn't work/is broken.
          This

Head coach bears the ultimate responsibility, as he is also the one who decides on playing time and rotations.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
            I'd lean towards Nick Nurse with Tom Sterner doing all press conferences
            It's absolutely crucial that Tom Sterner does all the press conferences.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Casey will be fired during the offseason, not during the season. Hopefully this offseason.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Hold off until the summer guys.

Then try to swing for the fences, try to pry away Thibodeau or try convincing JVG to come out of retirement or take a chance with Steve Nash.

And even if you don't think these guys are all that good, I'm sure everyone would agree they'd rather have any one of these three over Casey.

ALSO: wouldn't mind us just demoting Casey instead of firing him if he's okay with it. He's a great assistant coach.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  Hold off until the summer guys.

Then try to swing for the fences, try to pry away Thibodeau or try convincing JVG to come out of retirement or take a chance with Steve Nash.

And even if you don't think these guys are all that good, I'm sure everyone would agree they'd rather have any one of these three over Casey.

ALSO: wouldn't mind us just demoting Casey instead of firing him if he's okay with it. He's a great assistant coach.
                  No he isn't. A great assistant coach make great head coaches. If they can never be a good HC they arent good assistant. At best he is a good assistant coach to a great HC like Carlisle.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    No he isn't. A great assistant coach make great head coaches. If they can never be a good HC they arent good assistant. At best he is a good assistant coach to a great HC like Carlisle.
                    Dallas' defense has been ranked 12th, 27th, 19th and 20th since Casey left. They were 10th the last season he was there and their ability to stop the big 3 (mainly lebron) was the reason they won the title. I realize it's been different players and what not since but you can't say he wasn't a great assistant, he ran tht defense.

Comment

Dallas' defense has been ranked 12th, 27th, 19th and 20th since Casey left. They were 10th the last season he was there and their ability to stop the big 3 (mainly lebron) was the reason they won the title. I realize it's been different players and what not since but you can't say he wasn't a great assistant, he ran tht defense.
                      Dallas dumped every player after the championship. Made the playoffs each year.
                      Raptor DRtg 104.5, 107.5 , 105.3 and now 106.5
                      Dallas DRtg 102.3,106.5, 108.7 and now 105.5
                      They were at 105 and 106 with Casey. Best year was without him and two year were the same with one terrible year when they dumped everyone

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        thats funny because last year people were saying nick nurse deserves all the credit for the offense. this year the offense sucks so it must be caseys fault now? seems very selective in placing the blame to fit a narrative.
                        People gave Nurse credit last year because Lowry and other players specifically credited him in the news with bringing in the new offensive sets. The years before Nurse, our offense under Casey was horrendous, which is why Masai specifically brought in Nurse. It's not selective, its what we were literally told by the players.

The offense this year is absolute dog shit. Whoever is responsible should be fired. If Nurse changed up his offensive sets this year to heavily favor iso, then he should be fired right along with Casey. Bottom line, we don't know how involved Nurse is in this iso mess we're throwing out there, but we DO KNOW Casey is 100% involved because he's the fucking head coach. I give Casey all the credit in the world for running horns last year. Doesn't matter if they weren't his sets, he used them, and the team was good because of it. This season, Casey is using heavy iso, and it's obviously not working, not even close to working. The fact he keeps trotting the same thing out there with zero adjustments is a huge red flag that Casey is not the coach for our future.

Comment

BBALLBREAKDOWN voted for Bayno → https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/s...62398812581889

Comment

I guess having relatively young Shawn Marion and Tyson Chandler helped somewhat
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              I guess having relatively young Shawn Marion and Tyson Chandler helped somewhat
                              Don't forget kidd

Comment

Would Kyle and DeMar even listen to any of these coaches if they told them to stop playing selfish and pass the ball more, including to their big men

Comment

Working...
                                X