When will we read " Player bought out and is seeking to sign with the Raptors "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

007 wrote: View Post
    76ers aren't going to be attracting many free agents anytime soon...
    If they get their Blake, they will be.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
      76ers aren't going to be attracting many free agents anytime soon...
      Joey wrote: View Post
      If they get their Blake, they will be.
      Since like 80% of their team is undrafted, I'd have to say they probably sign more free agents than most teams.

And like Joey points out, things can change pretty rapidly with a single draft.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
        Also whatever money the new team pays him gets taken off the Sixers bill.
        Nope.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

There maybe some contact after all between Raptors and McGee ... There is some history here ie it was the Raptors GM who signed McGee to his current contract ..

Comment

Raptors won't be on anyone's list until they are the previous year's conference finalist/conference champ/nba champs AND look like they will get to the conference finals in the current season.

Guys who are waived may be useful role players, but they know they aren't going to change a team's fortunes.

I think their are three variables waiver guys look consider when looking for a place to land

-Team pedigree (has the team made it deep in the playoffs last year/two years?)
            -Current expectations (how far in the playoffs is the team expected to go?)
            -Role on the team (What kind of role do they want to play (bench/starter), and many minutes per game do they want

Pretty much all those teams fit that criteria...

You could compare the Raps to the Rockets, because both got bounced in round 1 last year, and only have an outside chance at the conference finals... and could conceivably get bounced in round 1 again this year. BUT with Harden, Howard, and Dork Elvis, and playing in the West, Houston is a bit shinnier
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

My question ... What buy out senerio has ever had an extreme result ie usually players are finished by the time they are bought out ..

Comment

2nd in the conference but still reading headlines " Anderson Varejao, Warriors seal deal for rest of season and " Joe Johnson looks to sign with Cavs if bought out by the Nets ..

Strong get stronger and Raptors are one injury away from a PG getting hurt and we start heading down in the standings

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                  2nd in the conference but still reading headlines " Anderson Varejao, Warriors seal deal for rest of season and " Joe Johnson looks to sign with Cavs if bought out by the Nets ..

Strong get stronger and Raptors are one injury away from a PG getting hurt and we start heading down in the standings
                  Meh. Is adding Dorrell Wright (or any other scrub) really going to help at all, even if Lowry goes down?

Comment

Jason Thompson is a nice option

Comment

We might read these things when we are an actual contender.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        We might read these things when we are an actual contender.
                        Mavs officially sign David Lee

How are the Mavs contender more then the Raps ?

Comment

I think we're now talking about 2 different scenarios in this thread.

1. When media outlets assume that bought-out players would look to Toronto as a desired destination.
                          2. When teams show interest in said players first, and the media picks up on that and reports it.

Comment

Based on how David Lee's career has been going I don't know if it's exactly a bad thing that he picked the Mavs.

Comment

Um, I'm pretty sure there's a good reason why these guys are getting bought out.

Comment

Maybe the Raps didn't want Lee. I don't recall any reports that DAL was Lee's preferred destination.

Comment

Working...
                                X