When will we read " Player bought out and is seeking to sign with the Raptors "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Um, I'm pretty sure there's a good reason why these guys are getting bought out.
    Yep, Thompson got "stretched" to create a roster spot for Varejao, who got "stretched" because he doesn't fit Portland's youth movement. GSW are thin at C right now, Varejao is a true C, Thompson is much more of a PF than a C, so the swap makes perfect sense. Were you trying to imply everyone got bought out because they suck?

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
      Maybe the Raps didn't want Lee. I don't recall any reports that DAL was Lee's preferred destination.
      Lee also got the room exception from Dallas, which we've already used on Biyombo, so Dallas could give him more $$$$'s. Plus we need a defensive big man, and David Lee is not that.

Comment

The Bulls will prevent us from a conference finals appearance. That's if we somehow dodge them and the Cavs until that point.
        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

The Washington Wizards are in advanced talks with J.J. Hickson.

Hickson was released by the Denver Nuggets after the deadline.

Are Wizards more of a contender then Raps

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post

Nope, they just have open spot + minutes for him (Nene plays like 15MPG recently, and they don't have any other PF-C, don't even try Gooden there).

More often than not buyout candidates look not only for contending chance but for minutes that will guarantee them contract in the summer.

Comment

of course they aren`t. but why is this even an issue for you? maybe the raps don`t want Hickson...maybe hickson would graciously accept a roster spot on the raps, if indeed the raps wanted him. why is it important to pick up garbage players other teams don`t want? has hickson expressed a desire to play with the wiz, or is he just willing to accept a contract from whatever team expresses interest?

Comment

We should be happy that the Raps have zero interest in adding crappy players.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  We should be happy that the Raps have zero interest in adding crappy players.
                  I'm happy that MU was thinking of the future whereas the Wiz are only thinking of the now. However, I would be concerned about matching up with the Wiz in the playoffs. They have 3 known Raptor killers in their line up with Beal, Morris and Wall, and are potentially adding another very physical player to knock DeMar and Lowry around with. If they manage to take our leading scorers out of their game then you could be facing another repeat of last years playoffs.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    I'm happy that MU was thinking of the future whereas the Wiz are only thinking of the now. However, I would be concerned about matching up with the Wiz in the playoffs. They have 3 known Raptor killers in their line up with Beal, Morris and Wall, and are potentially adding another very physical player to knock DeMar and Lowry around with. If they manage to take our leading scorers out of their game then you could be facing another repeat of last years playoffs.
                    Not sure I'd label Wall or Beal as "Raptor killers". Take away last year's playoff meeting (which made all 12 guys look like Raptor killers), and they're just another team.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Morris and Beal are not Raptor killers. Wall is just great.

Morris has had two or three good games against the Raptors in his career, and five really bad ones.

Beal averaged about 19ppg against the Raptors. He averages 16 in his career.

Raptors lost to the Wizards last year because their defense sucked, had no offensive system and Lowry sucked. The team is much better than they were last year.. and yet they still don't have Carroll in their line up.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Morris and Beal are not Raptor killers. Wall is just great.

Morris has had two or three good games against the Raptors in his career, and five really bad ones.

Beal averaged about 19ppg against the Raptors. He averages 16 in his career.

Raptors lost to the Wizards last year because their defense sucked, had no offensive system and Lowry sucked. The team is much better than they were last year.. and yet they still don't have Carroll in their line up.
                        I hope so, but I also recall us dominating that team last season, and it seemed as if Beal was either injured or just getting back from injury and not in rhythm. Fast forward to the playoffs and both Wall and Beal are on their game, and as much as our defence was bad and Lowry wasn't at the top of his game...those two played really well.

Comment

Joe Johnson Opens Buyout Talks With Nets

Joe Johnson and the Brooklyn Nets have opened up buyout talks.

Johnson has been with the Nets since a 2012 trade with the Atlanta Hawks. Johnson is in the final year of a six-year, $119 million deal signed in 2010.

The Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Rockets, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder and Toronto Raptors are already in pursuit of Johnson.

Wow Raps in one of these stories

Comment

He'd be a great addition!

Comment

Joe Johnson Opens Buyout Talks With Nets

Joe Johnson and the Brooklyn Nets have opened up buyout talks.

Johnson has been with the Nets since a 2012 trade with the Atlanta Hawks. Johnson is in the final year of a six-year, $119 million deal signed in 2010.

The Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Rockets, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder and Toronto Raptors are already in pursuit of Johnson.

Wow Raps in one of these stories
                              Interesting. I'm trying to figure out where Johnson would fit into the rotation.

Even more tantalizing, is the idea of having two "J. Johnsons" on the team. Hilarity is sure to ensue.

Comment

He's be a great low-cost, short-term addition for the playoff run. If they could get him for cheap, by waiving Bennett, he'd be worth it for his veteran presence alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X