Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bebe's gonna be good

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I don't understand why Hansbrough & Hayes are our back up centers.

    Comment


    • #32
      I just thought of Bargnani, Yi Jing Liang (???), zellers...

      Those guys all seem more offensive oriented though.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

      -Superjudge, 7/23

      Hope you're wrong.

      Comment


      • #33
        i'd give Casey more leeway if he gave guys like Bebe a few minutes, at least he'd be playing the long game.

        He's got pretty tantalizing measurables. it sure would be neat to see them in actual games.
        @sweatpantsjer

        Comment


        • #34
          Ummm I guess Hasheem Thabeet is going to be really good? One of the knocks on Bebe was that when he was drafted some teams thought he didn't care about getting better or something like that. Now I'm not sure I believe that, but there is more to it than physical gifts. Also I'm not inspired by the development from certain players in the past, and I believe that some of this should be attributed to coaching.

          Honestly though, I just have no clue how good this guy could be.

          Comment


          • #35
            stooley wrote: View Post
            The emergence of Rudy Gobert and Hassan Whiteside after washing out of the NBA for a couple years shows that tall guys with long arms and half-decent court sense can be dominant.

            We'd be crazy to let go of Bebe with his massive wingspan and quick feet. I think in a few years he'll be great.

            What do you guys think?
            I think its about time we stop putting so much time into caring about projects. bebe sucks. bruno is terrible.

            if these guys get it figured out, great, but watch a college game, watch 10, there are players on every team you seee better than these stiffs.

            the messiah is gambling, and thats fine, but I aint worshipping a gamble

            Comment


            • #36
              Id say bebe is only 1 year away from being 2 years away.

              Comment


              • #37
                I see Bebe's ceiling as back up Center/rotation player. We got him for nothing, and I'd be willing to include him in a trade that got us something.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

                "I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

                "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

                Comment


                • #38
                  I think people are dismissing Bebe because we got him so cheap from Atlanta (essentially a throw in on a salary dump), but he was drafted 16th in 2013. Not exactly some random scrub. (It's funny that Gobert's name gets used since he was picked 27th in the same draft.)

                  DraftNet had him scored as a 94 overall player (based on skill scores for everything from athleticism (9), to NBA ready). He was projected to go 16th, but was 9th on their big board and 4th for positional rank.

                  http://www.nbadraft.net/players/lucas-nogueira

                  They had his NBA comparison as Joakim Noah/Samual Dalembert

                  "Strengths: A project, but one with loads of untapped potential ... His game has made some noticeable strides over the past 6 months ... A high level athlete even by NBA standards with ridiculous size/length at 7' feet, with a 7'6 wingspan. His combination of length and fluidity/athleticism makes him an extremely intriguing prospect ... Quick reflexes ... He even shows some touch around the basket and a decent offensive feel. While not much of an outside threat, his midrange game shows some ability and potential to develop ... He's best at scoring on garbage baskets and can get out on the break and finish ... Seems to understand what he does well offensively and stays "within himself" ... Solid rebounder. Goes after the ball on both ends and although his positioning could improve, he's got natural rebounding abilities ... Quick feet. From Brazil, and his footwork is excellent, a "futball" upbringing has given him excellent foot dexterity. Able to slide his feet laterally better than the average 7-footer ... Solid hands. A 60% free throw shooter, which is not great but good for his age and position and should improve ... As the 2012-13 season has progressed, his defense has shown some improvement."

                  DraftExpress has his Best Case: Marcus Camby and his Worst Case: Hassan Whiteside (obviously pre-Miami Whiteside).

                  http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Nogueira-5957/

                  I'll close with the most promising aspect of the DraftExpress profile that hasn't been touched on already:

                  "To his credit, Bebe made significant and very noticeable strides in virtually every area as the season moved on, improving week by week seemingly, even if he wasn't always rewarded for it with additional playing time. His feel for the game has undoubtedly improved, as has his focus-level, effort, and commitment to playing solid basketball on every possession. There is clearly a great deal of physical potential and talent to work with here, and he's definitely still getting better at this stage."

                  The bold is important for a young guy playing under Casey.

                  The guy will improve and I think he could be the back-up C next season (we'd need a 3rd big in the rotation cause Bebe will foul a lot at first, like many shot blocking bigs do).
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                  If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Bebe looks lost and terrified as soon as he gets on the court. He seems happy right now just waving towels and taking Instagram photos with weird hashtags referencing his love for Bruno.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      In the ACB in 2013-14, Bebe averaged:

                      16.6 min, 6.2 pts, .703 FG%, .677 FT%, 4.1 rbd, 1.6 blks

                      The guy can score around the basket, rebound, and block shots. I think he could definitely handle a few minutes per game, and he should get them for development purposes. If not, he should be getting minutes in the D-League. You've got to play the young guys some, even at the expense of guys like Hayes and Steamer, because the young guys are the future.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Primer wrote: View Post
                        In the ACB in 2013-14, Bebe averaged:

                        16.6 min, 6.2 pts, .703 FG%, .677 FT%, 4.1 rbd, 1.6 blks

                        The guy can score around the basket, rebound, and block shots. I think he could definitely handle a few minutes per game, and he should get them for development purposes. If not, he should be getting minutes in the D-League. You've got to play the young guys some, even at the expense of guys like Hayes and Steamer, because the young guys are the future.
                        And because Hayes and Steamer aren't that good....
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                          Bebe looks lost and terrified as soon as he gets on the court. He seems happy right now just waving towels and taking Instagram photos with weird hashtags referencing his love for Bruno.
                          Definitely gives off that "I'm just happy to be here" vibe.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Axel wrote: View Post
                            And because Hayes and Steamer aren't that good....
                            Hayes understands how to be a center better than most other players at the position ever will; the reason he's not dominant in the NBA is because he's 6'6". You don't have Hayes on your squad because he personally is amazing. You have him there because he teaches your young bigs how to play center.

                            Jonas' defensive improvement this season isn't an accident.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              magoon wrote: View Post
                              Hayes understands how to be a center better than most other players at the position ever will; the reason he's not dominant in the NBA is because he's 6'6". You don't have Hayes on your squad because he personally is amazing. You have him there because he teaches your young bigs how to play center.

                              Jonas' defensive improvement this season isn't an accident.
                              The other reason he's not dominant is that he can barely make shots from 6 inches away. That's not really height related he's just terrible at scoring. He has one thing that keeps him employed and that's basketball IQ. Also he's a brick shithouse with his feet stapled to the paint.
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                magoon wrote: View Post
                                Hayes understands how to be a center better than most other players at the position ever will; the reason he's not dominant in the NBA is because he's 6'6". You don't have Hayes on your squad because he personally is amazing. You have him there because he teaches your young bigs how to play center.

                                Jonas' defensive improvement this season isn't an accident.
                                That's a good reason to have him on the roster, not the rotation.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X