Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bebe's gonna be good

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Axel wrote: View Post
    That's a good reason to have him on the roster, not the rotation.
    It's a good reason to hire him to work with JV over the summer on defensive positioning, not even a reason to have him on the roster. The reason he makes rosters is because he's an immovable object that no one in the NBA can back down. It's hilarious when someone like Marc Gasol tries to back down Hayes by the free throw line, only to end up outside the 3pt line because he literally bounced off Hayes.
    Last edited by Primer; Thu Mar 5, 2015, 11:52 PM.

    Comment


    • #47
      It is interesting that both Bebe and even Bruno got some minutes when we playing at a higher level and Bruno had that productive time in the Milwaukee blowout. I remember seeing a clip of bebe playing and he was blocking everything but every player seemed at least 6'6 and under. Some mentioned that case does not play rooks but both Jonas and Ross did get minutes although the team depth was not there. When they were second year players both started. I believe Jonas started in his first year. It all comes down to maturity and desire/talent on if you play. I think how we finish the season and do in the playoffs plus seeing if we acquire mature assets in the summer will determine whether we are in development or a win now mode. Right now we are struggling but are in a win now mode.

      Comment


      • #48
        Primer wrote: View Post
        It's a good reason to hire him work with JV over the summer on defensive positioning, not even a reason to have him on the roster. The reason he makes rosters is because he's an immovable object that no one in the NBA can back down. It's hilarious when someone like Marc Gasol tries to back down Hayes by the free throw line, only to end up outside the 3pt line because he literally bounced off Hayes.
        That dude has concrete pillars for legs, like holy fuck. If Hayes was like 2 or 3 inches taller, he's easily be an unstobbable immovable force on the defensive end
        Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Fri Mar 6, 2015, 04:02 PM.

        Comment


        • #49
          NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          That dude has concrete pillars for legs, like holy fuck. If Hayes was like 2 or 3 inches taller, he's easily be an unstobbable force on the defensive end
          That would be an "immovable force" on the defensive end.

          Comment


          • #50
            NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            That dude has concrete pillars for legs, like holy fuck. If Hayes was like 2 or 3 inches taller, he's easily be an unstobbable immovable force on the defensive end
            Fixed it

            Comment


            • #51
              stooley wrote: View Post
              Haha, I'm at work.

              The point I was trying to make though is that those two guys washed out of the league before they figured the game out. I've seen some people writing Bebe off, which I think is premature. Patience is definitely key and he's an asset with decent value even though he rarely plays for us.

              I wouldn't have started a new thread for that, but I didn't know where to discuss him lol.
              Kinda surprised no one picked up on this, but Rudy Gobert did not wash out of the league. Had a couple of DLeague stints his rookie season, but he's almost exactly the same age as Bebe,
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

              Comment


              • #52
                ^^^ Being in the same place at the start of a career does not mean much. It is all about dedication and work one puts in now. As Barkley always says: all the guys in NBA are talented and are special.

                Now, I have a question for all of you.

                What are you expectation for Bebe next season ?
                Do you think he can play the role of a backup and be the 2nd big off the bench and play 10-15 minutes of meaningful basketball ?
                If yes, what do you expect for his season average in terms of points and rebounds?

                It is always good to talk about length and potentials and ... but at some point, we need to set goals, expectations and then measure up our young talents.

                Comment


                • #53
                  McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  ^^^ Being in the same place at the start of a career does not mean much. It is all about dedication and work one puts in now. As Barkley always says: all the guys in NBA are talented and are special.

                  Now, I have a question for all of you.

                  What are you expectation for Bebe next season ?
                  Do you think he can play the role of a backup and be the 2nd big off the bench and play 10-15 minutes of meaningful basketball ?
                  If yes, what do you expect for his season average in terms of points and rebounds?

                  It is always good to talk about length and potentials and ... but at some point, we need to set goals, expectations and then measure up our young talents.
                  If we are playing him ala Hands-bro, I say about 6.7 PPG and 5.2 RB's. Not terrible and hopefully a good post scorer/defender.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                  Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Kinda surprised no one picked up on this, but Rudy Gobert did not wash out of the league. Had a couple of DLeague stints his rookie season, but he's almost exactly the same age as Bebe,
                    Good point. Alexis Ajinca was the washout with some recent success that I was thinking about.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

                    -Superjudge, 7/23

                    Hope you're wrong.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      ^^^ Being in the same place at the start of a career does not mean much. It is all about dedication and work one puts in now. As Barkley always says: all the guys in NBA are talented and are special.

                      Now, I have a question for all of you.

                      What are you expectation for Bebe next season ?
                      Do you think he can play the role of a backup and be the 2nd big off the bench and play 10-15 minutes of meaningful basketball ?
                      If yes, what do you expect for his season average in terms of points and rebounds?

                      It is always good to talk about length and potentials and ... but at some point, we need to set goals, expectations and then measure up our young talents.
                      Hard to predict next year. But by the end of his rookie contact he's got a pretty good shot at being a solid contributor
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

                      -Superjudge, 7/23

                      Hope you're wrong.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        If we are playing him ala Hands-bro, I say about 6.7 PPG and 5.2 RB's. Not terrible and hopefully a good post scorer/defender.
                        You realize on a per minute basis those numbers are better than JV is putting up.

                        I think your expectations are a bit high.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          You realize on a per minute basis those numbers are better than JV is putting up.

                          I think your expectations are a bit high.
                          Well, I feel that Casey is gonna be gone. I hope we use JV more next year (I think JV can hit 15 points a night if we played him).
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                          Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I'd say 5pts 5reb 1blk in 15 minutes for Bebe.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Primer wrote: View Post
                              I'd say 5pts 5reb 1blk in 15 minutes for Bebe.
                              That's kinda what I was thinking. He won't score except on put backs and transition, but his length should net him some boards and blocks.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                Well, I feel that Casey is gonna be gone. I hope we use JV more next year (I think JV can hit 15 points a night if we played him).
                                Honestly if we gave him more touches he could probably score 18 a night on good efficiency.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X