Bebe's gonna be good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    I will say, at full sprint he's dangerously fast. Like faster than any other big easily.

Reminds me of a gazelle for some reason
    Just remembered Bruno is the swan. The Swan and The Gazelle anyone?

Comment

Man if JV had Bebe is speed danm he would be an AllStar and CASEY would have to play him lol
      18/12/3 probably

With that being said I hope they make JV lean down a BIT and work on mobility+agility, If he can get faster and jump higher a bit danm / He would be dangerous

And also Why isnt Bebe our backup C?
      if he was in Pop is system he would be a regular rotation player.
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Yea Bebe should definitely be our backup center. He can't be any worse than what we have. He's SUPER quick for a big man. That's definitely going to be his strength. Hopefully Casey is confident enough in him to play him next year. Well if Casey is even here
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Bebe D league Debut

Don't know if anybody watched Bebe"s D league debut for the Mad ants against the Delaware 87ers but he scored 18 points, 19 rebounds,1 assist and 4 blocks in 27 minutes of in game play. I know this is the d league but pretty impressive stats considering it was his debut and doesn't get any minutes for the Raptors so maybe he'll benefit from his D league stint as opposed to Bruno.
          https://youtu.be/mgjjisiZXBo
          Last edited by OtisDonks; Sun Mar 15, 2015, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Nice job
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

those hashtags
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Keep in mind that he is playing against lesser competition. He had a size advantage on everyone he played against, especially the small guards who aren't used to playing against 7 foot shot blockers. Having said that, he looked pretty damn impressive. After just the first few blocks, everyone knew they were not safe. They started taking layups at awkward angles and sped up their shots. His quickness/length even allowed him to contest 3 pt shots. Fairly limited on offense to just pick and rolls, but at the same time that was working, so why switch it up. The biggest issue as others have pointed out was his motor. I think this is mostly because he has not been playing in games. This is kind of concerning still though, as I kind of expect him and the coaching staff to keep him in good shape. Fun to watch.

Edit: Don't know whats up with his fall shot, because it doesn't look bad, just not going in.

Comment

One reason why this would never happen in Toronto: the guards are actually pushing the ball ahead and looking to get the bigs involved - especially via the oop.

Comment

Insomnia/gig forcing me to wake up early today so I had a look at the glitchy game video on youtube.

Bebe's a power forward, isn't he? In the same way that Amir is. Lots of screens, scores junk points through broken plays, better facing up than on the post, good rebounder, can block shots on the weak side. Why are they trying to make him a 5? Didn't we learn this from Bargs? He can play some 5, but do you want a guy as mobile as he is, capable of disrupting wings bulking up and slowing down?

It's not ideal. He's not a stretch 4. He's an old school PF, but a more polished version of Bebe at the 4 (say next season?)would help JV with the interior significantly, and let Amir come off the bench. If they keep 2 Pat he can be the stretch 4 off the bench. His stroke looks okay as well. There's potential there for sure.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      Insomnia/gig forcing me to wake up early today so I had a look at the glitchy game video on youtube.

Bebe's a power forward, isn't he? In the same way that Amir is. Lots of screens, scores junk points through broken plays, better facing up than on the post, good rebounder, can block shots on the weak side. Why are they trying to make him a 5? Didn't we learn this from Bargs? He can play some 5, but do you want a guy as mobile as he is, capable of disrupting wings bulking up and slowing down?

It's not ideal. He's not a stretch 4. He's an old school PF, but a more polished version of Bebe at the 4 (say next season?)would help JV with the interior significantly, and let Amir come off the bench. If they keep 2 Pat he can be the stretch 4 off the bench. His stroke looks okay as well. There's potential there for sure.
                      I don't think they want to make him a 5. Mad Ants are just playing him as one.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post

He's a modern 5. Less about positioning and more about running up and down and having skills outside the post. He's more like Noah offensively than JV

Comment

He has still shown nothing at the NBA level, we need to get him a few games as the primary back-up to see what he can actually do.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            Keep in mind that he is playing against lesser competition. He had a size advantage on everyone he played against, especially the small guards who aren't used to playing against 7 foot shot blockers. Having said that, he looked pretty damn impressive. After just the first few blocks, everyone knew they were not safe. They started taking layups at awkward angles and sped up their shots. His quickness/length even allowed him to contest 3 pt shots. Fairly limited on offense to just pick and rolls, but at the same time that was working, so why switch it up. The biggest issue as others have pointed out was his motor. I think this is mostly because he has not been playing in games. This is kind of concerning still though, as I kind of expect him and the coaching staff to keep him in good shape. Fun to watch.

Edit: Don't know whats up with his fall shot, because it doesn't look bad, just not going in.
                            There's a difference between being in shape and game shape. Gets pretty tiring banging inside especially if you putting in a 19 rebound effort.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

His definitely a 5. In the Tyson Chandler mold.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                His definitely a 5. In the Tyson Chandler mold.
                                Agreed. And in a backup role, he doesn't necessarily need to bulk up.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X