• Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    That's a 7 footer out there!
    You forgot to preface it with "Folks! That's a 7...etc"
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I've come to expect a little more detail in your analysis, stooley. We might as well start comparing Austin Rivers to Iverson's body type
      Haha, I'm at work.

The point I was trying to make though is that those two guys washed out of the league before they figured the game out. I've seen some people writing Bebe off, which I think is premature. Patience is definitely key and he's an asset with decent value even though he rarely plays for us.

I wouldn't have started a new thread for that, but I didn't know where to discuss him lol.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
        Yeah I don't know if anyone can say this guy is going to be good. Sure he's tall...

If Raps want to win this year I wouldn't be giving him 1 minute a game. Seriously, Stiemer is better than he is at this point. (note I said, "at this point"). Does he deserve to take Tyler, Amir, or JV's minutes? Nah.

Agreed on play time this year. I just mean hang on to him, don't dismiss him. Bebe is more than just tall, he moves really well, which is a key difference between guys like Gobert and Steamer.

Steamer wouldn't ever be that pick and roll threat on offense, where as Bebe could.

In 3 or 4 years I'd be surprised if Bebe isn't a competent NBA player. I don't think there are that many McGee's out there.
        "Bruno?
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          The emergence of Rudy Gobert and Hassan Whiteside after washing out of the NBA for a couple years shows that tall guys with long arms and half-decent court sense can be dominant.

We'd be crazy to let go of Bebe with his massive wingspan and quick feet. I think in a few years he'll be great.

What do you guys think?
          im hoping for the best with bebe but for every hassan or rudy there are 1000s others with there size not making it.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
            im hoping for the best with bebe but for every hassan or rudy there are 1000s others with there size not making it.
            Are there though? There are hundreds of clunkers, but are there a lot of tall, quick players that never figure it out?

I'd think we should have about a 25% shot with Bebe (completely spit balling here lol)
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I doubt there has been 100s of guys who are 7'0" with a 7'7" wingspan, that's also quite mobile
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I really hope Bebe pans out, because he has the tools to be a decent rim protector on the 2nd unit.

Unfortunately, whenever he's been on the court, I couldn't quite get this image/comparison out of my mind...

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  I doubt there has been 100s of guys who are 7'0" with a 7'7" wingspan, that's also quite mobile
                  who is 7'0" with a 7'7" wingspan ?

Comment

who is 7'0" with a 7'7" wingspan ?
                    The guy everyone is discussing in the thread?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      The guy everyone is discussing in the thread?
                      lol we're calling 6"9 guys in shoes 7 footers now, sweet im 6'8 myself. lets up his weight to because currently its only at 205lb I say we start saying he is 235 lb

Comment

lol we're calling 6"9 guys in shoes 7 footers now, sweet im 6'8 myself. lets up his weight to because currently its only at 205lb I say we start saying he is 235 lb
                        Bebe is 7 ft you're the first person on the planet to take 3 inches off his height lol

Comment

Umm what the fuck you talking about? He's clearly 7'0". He's never been listed as 6'9"
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Technically DraftExpress has him listed as 6'10.5" without shoes (as of 2013).

Comment

Looks seven feet tall to me
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Technically DraftExpress has him listed as 6'10.5" without shoes (as of 2013).
                                Everybody's height is measured in shoes. Because everybody plays in shoes. Jonas is 6'11.

Comment

Working...
                                X