X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day One
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I doubt there has been 100s of guys who are 7'0" with a 7'7" wingspan, that's also quite mobile
    who is 7'0" with a 7'7" wingspan ?

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    I really hope Bebe pans out, because he has the tools to be a decent rim protector on the 2nd unit.

Unfortunately, whenever he's been on the court, I couldn't quite get this image/comparison out of my mind...

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Day One wrote: View Post
    im hoping for the best with bebe but for every hassan or rudy there are 1000s others with there size not making it.
    I doubt there has been 100s of guys who are 7'0" with a 7'7" wingspan, that's also quite mobile

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Day One wrote: View Post
    im hoping for the best with bebe but for every hassan or rudy there are 1000s others with there size not making it.
    Are there though? There are hundreds of clunkers, but are there a lot of tall, quick players that never figure it out?

I'd think we should have about a 25% shot with Bebe (completely spit balling here lol)

Leave a comment:

• Day One
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    The emergence of Rudy Gobert and Hassan Whiteside after washing out of the NBA for a couple years shows that tall guys with long arms and half-decent court sense can be dominant.

We'd be crazy to let go of Bebe with his massive wingspan and quick feet. I think in a few years he'll be great.

What do you guys think?

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Employee wrote: View Post
    Yeah I don't know if anyone can say this guy is going to be good. Sure he's tall...

If Raps want to win this year I wouldn't be giving him 1 minute a game. Seriously, Stiemer is better than he is at this point. (note I said, "at this point"). Does he deserve to take Tyler, Amir, or JV's minutes? Nah.

Agreed on play time this year. I just mean hang on to him, don't dismiss him. Bebe is more than just tall, he moves really well, which is a key difference between guys like Gobert and Steamer.

Steamer wouldn't ever be that pick and roll threat on offense, where as Bebe could.

In 3 or 4 years I'd be surprised if Bebe isn't a competent NBA player. I don't think there are that many McGee's out there.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I've come to expect a little more detail in your analysis, stooley. We might as well start comparing Austin Rivers to Iverson's body type
    Haha, I'm at work.

The point I was trying to make though is that those two guys washed out of the league before they figured the game out. I've seen some people writing Bebe off, which I think is premature. Patience is definitely key and he's an asset with decent value even though he rarely plays for us.

I wouldn't have started a new thread for that, but I didn't know where to discuss him lol.

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    That's a 7 footer out there!
    You forgot to preface it with "Folks! That's a 7...etc"

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    Yeah I don't know if anyone can say this guy is going to be good. Sure he's tall...

If Raps want to win this year I wouldn't be giving him 1 minute a game. Seriously, Stiemer is better than he is at this point. (note I said, "at this point"). Does he deserve to take Tyler, Amir, or JV's minutes? Nah.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    He was somebody in European league so I hope some of it transfers. Won't bet on it though

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    That's a 7 footer out there!

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    He has not shown anything yet. I was expecting to see more from him.
    Casey doesn't play rookies. Everybody knew he wasn't going to get any burn.

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    He has not shown anything yet. I was expecting to see more from him.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    He's gonna be good bec he's a tall guy with long arms?
    You can't teach Length, if he learns the defensive schemes he's gonna be a terror defending the rim

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    The emergence of Rudy Gobert and Hassan Whiteside after washing out of the NBA for a couple years shows that tall guys with long arms and half-decent court sense can be dominant.

We'd be crazy to let go of Bebe with his massive wingspan and quick feet. I think in a few years he'll be great.

What do you guys think?
    I've come to expect a little more detail in your analysis, stooley. We might as well start comparing Austin Rivers to Iverson's body type

Leave a comment:

Working...
X