The Bright Side of Losing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bright Side of Losing

I know everyone's depressed from the losing streak. So let's take a look at the amazing upside of it.

1. Rather than facing Miami, Indiana or Charlotte first round we get to face the Bucks or the Wizards.

2. Even if the raptors fall to a record lower than the Bucks or Wizards we finish 4th and get a favorable first round matchup [Updated (thx planetmars) - No home court advantage if we have a lower record ] (Unless Brooklyn goes on a miracle run)

3. If we do end up with a low enough record we get a mid range draft pick rather than some 27th or 26th pick we were looking to get around January.

4. I'm sure the raptors will pull it together by the end of the regular season. That means we will have a potential 2nd round match up with the Hawks. (Which is way more preferable than the Cavs or Bulls)

"Sometimes when you're surrounded by a dumpster full of garbage it's very easy to overlook the hidden gem inside." - Anonymous

Raps Vs Cavs 2015 ECF, Book it!

This thread will be bumped when we make the ECF and still get a decent pick with lots of trade potential or if we go down taking the hawks to a full 7 game series. #InMasaiIstillTrust

Feel free to flame if we get knocked off in the first round =P
    Last edited by FromTheNorth; Mon Mar 9, 2015, 12:04 PM.

Do you not know death when you see it
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        Lmao see they didn't die in the end Guess I know what to sing when the white walkers come for us on Tuesday.

Comment

While I did get very optimistic in the first couple months of the season, I need to keep reminding myself that my pre-season expectation was that this would be a bit of a plateau year before Masai has a chance to make some actual roster upgrades once a bunch of these expirings come around. Sucks that it seemed like things were coming into an unlikely alignment between a weaker-than-anticipated East and better than anticipated Raptors team. Now I feel like it's just riding out the days until the playoffs, with a bit of drama in the last couple weeks as we debate who the best possible matchup is going to be, hoping they can eek-out a first round victory, and then anything more than that will be gravy.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Do you not know death when you see it
            lol you ain't Gandalf bro
            OG is our king

Comment

It opens our eyes to how good or bad Masai Ujiri really is.

Comment

I have not been watching any raptor games in full as of recent.
                The bright side of losing for me is that DC will be evaluated much harsher.. If the raps lose 0-4 first round and the raptor hype faded away, I'm sure Dwayne Casey will be moved.

Anyone think next season is going to have sold out season tickets?
                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                  Anyone think next season is going to have sold out season tickets?
                  Yes, I do.

Once the playoffs start, hype will be restored (especially with a showdown vs. Bucks or Wizards).

Comment

The Bright Side of Losing

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Yes, I do.

Once the playoffs start, hype will be restored (especially with a showdown vs. Bucks or Wizards).
                    Tough for me to imagine that. None of my friends watch the raptors anymore. It was good while it lasted.
                    Maybe we're too unforgiving.

I just can't hype myself for something I don't agree with.

And if we lose in the first round again, will season tickets be sold out like this year ?

Oh sorry u said yes... Hmm but even if we lose !?
                    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

The only bright side of losing I see is increasing chances of Dwane Casey getting pounded by the Rock a.k.a. Ujiri.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Stop dreaming y'all. This team is not going far in the playoffs. No matter who we play against in the 1st rd.

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                          Tough for me to imagine that. None of my friends watch the raptors anymore. It was good while it lasted.
                          Maybe we're too unforgiving.

I just can't hype myself for something I don't agree with.

And if we lose in the first round again, will season tickets be sold out like this year ?

Oh sorry u said yes... Hmm but even if we lose !?
                          I wasn't speaking for myself, but the general public.

With the Leafs looking down the barrel of at least 3 more years of shyte, there will be plenty of starved sports fans (in this market of 6 million) who look to the Raptors to fill the void, even with another 1st round exit.

Just my opinion, of course.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Stop dreaming y'all. This team is not going far in the playoffs. No matter who we play against in the 1st rd.
                            What if we start making the shot we normally make!?

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                              What if we start making the shot we normally make!?
                              Imagine the possiblities! If, basically, every fade away jumper would go in we would be 116 PPG team again.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                              X