ESPN-Lou Will interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN-Lou Will interview

ESPN.com: A lot of the shots you shoot are off-balance, fadeaways. What's up with that?

LW: I can't shoot straight-up. I've always played crooked. One of my coaches says I play backwards. I do everything backwards. I don't have coordination. It's weird to watch me play. … It's just something I've developed over time, fading away from guys, using my size. I have bigger defenders on me, and it's just about creating space.

ESPN.com: You're in the last year of your contract. Do you want to stay in Toronto?

Absolutely. I already tried to get them to go do it -- get an extension. But at this point in my career, I want to play somewhere where the fans appreciate you, your team is serious about winning and create something special. And these guys are bulldogs. They love competing. We have that us against the world mentality where nobody respects us because we're in Canada. We have an identity, and I love it.

It's perfect for my personality. I've always been the underdog, I've always been overlooked. I've always been the guy where it was like we'll see what he does and then we'll check on Lou. That's been my career.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...at-white-north

Lots of interesting bits in the interview.

An interesting tidbit not related to the interview was in the latest Bill Simmons-Zach Lowe podcast where Lowe mentioned he talked to Raptors officials and they said the rest of the guys on team don't get angry at Lou no matter what shots he takes because they know his skill and he's fun to play with. I think that backs up the eye test.

I'm surprised he's already asked for an extension though, I think there's a general mentality that all high-volume low efficiency scorers are just sort of mercenaries who will go to whoever offers them the most money, but that's not always the case.

P.S: 6 Man by Drake is a fantastic song.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...at-white-north

Lots of interesting bits in the interview.
      In spite of the poo-poo platter on the court right now, at least a lot of these guys want to be here. That's actually a pretty big positive.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

He already asked for an extension?

Does that mean he'll take a pay cut?
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I think its good to have exactly one (1) Lou Williams on your team for his shot / free-throw creation. If we can get the rest of our guards to stop impersonating him, that'd be great.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            I think its good to have exactly one (1) Lou Williams on your team for his shot / free-throw creation. If we can get the rest of our guards to stop impersonating him, that'd be great.

Comment

We should giv lou the contact we gave GV and then we should trade GV for a defensive minded back up PG
              such as: Pattrick Beverly
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

If Lou is thinking extension, and Masai isn't going for it, that confirms for me that they want to play in the free agency sandbox this summer. Otherwise waiting for the summer to sign Lou may end up costing more.

It's also possible they try for a one year deal for Amir/Lou, but I am starting to doubt that's even a possibility.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                X