Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NBA Makes Progressive Business Decision...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NBA Makes Progressive Business Decision...

NBA wrote:
    The NBA has announced that the referees who called the latest Raptors game in the Air Canada Centre were actually test-subjects for a new workplace-assistance program for the blind, as part of the "NBA Cares" program.

When questioned about the seemingly one-sided calls against the Raptors, the commissioner defended the men in stripes.

"We see no reason why color-blind referees would pose a problem on the court", says David Stern. "They called the fouls for the guys in green."

Stern went on to add that red and green are the two most commonly mistaken colors by people affected by color-blindness and related ailments.
    Scott.

(above is fiction)
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Ya that was a shocker alright.

Comment

I love it LOL
      Obviously the Raps were in tough tonight and likely weren't going to win anyway, but the refs sure did their best to seal it for the Celts. Do you think the Celtics intimidate the referees as much as they do opposing players?

Comment

Raptomist wrote: View Post
        Do you think the Celtics intimidate the referees as much as they do opposing players?
        I think it's their reputation for being a tough, physical team (at least against the raptors) that the refs take into account (even if it is subconscious- although in that game I'd lean more towards "unconscious").

Scott.
        Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Raptomist wrote: View Post
          I love it LOL
          Obviously the Raps were in tough tonight and likely weren't going to win anyway, but the refs sure did their best to seal it for the Celts. Do you think the Celtics intimidate the referees as much as they do opposing players?
          The Celtics are ESPN's team just like the Red Sox and Patriots are. Even though ESPN is located in Bristol, CN and not MA they definitely have a pro Boston bias when it comes to professional sports

Sports is a business and ESPN/ABC are the biggest media movers and money generators in the NBA world. Stern is no dummy and he along with his minions know where their bread is buttered and it is not in Toronto, Detroit, Los Angeles etc but in Boston.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
          X