No announcement yet.

Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If shit hits the fan, we'll meet cable tv guys and Nick Nurse in Singapore for Raptors summit.

Comment

• People keep saying this is a safe hire? How is it safe?

Nurse ending up the same as Casey - which is what everyone here is fearing because "continuity" - is not what Masai wants since he fired Casey in the first place? You want good optics? You hire a guy from the outside, sells the entire change for the better narrative far better than an internal hire.

Nurse had to differentiate himself in some way from Casey during his years here and in his interview. It's as simple as that.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        People keep saying this is a safe hire? How is it safe?

Nurse ending up the same as Casey - which is what everyone here is fearing because "continuity" - is not what Masai wants since he fired Casey in the first place? You want good optics? You hire a guy from the outside, sells the entire change for the better narrative far better than an internal hire.

Nurse had to differentiate himself in some way from Casey during his years and in his interview. It's as simple as tha
        t.
        Exactly, which makes me think even more he was the right choice. Masai had to know it wouldn't bring a ton of excitement with the news. So he must have been a strong enough candidate to have the optics ignored
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          People keep saying this is a safe hire? How is it safe?

Nurse had to differentiate himself in some way from Casey during his years and in his interview. It's as simple as that.
          It should be quite obvious Casey and Nurse will be different considering it was reported they didn’t end on great terms, which probably results from a number of things throughout the season.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            After the playoff sweep we just experienced, do you really think continuity is what this team needs?
            Yes. Because continuity is what has gotten to the Raptors to this point from the garbage bin, and 4 games doesn't change that. Can you imagine if the Spurs were just like "screw continuity" after losing the first round to 8 seeded Memphis?
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              We have our future Kawhi, no Duncan yet.
              Oh god. Raptors fans overrating their young players again. OG is more Aminu than Kawhi. He's a role player.

Kawhi is like arguably the 2nd best player in basketball.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

It should be quite obvious Casey and Nurse will be different considering it was reported they didn’t end on great terms, which probably results from a number of things throughout the season.
                To be fair, it could just stem from as was speculated earlier Nurse just throwing Casey all the way under the bus on the way out.

That said I do believe they will be considerably different as coaches.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Oh god. Raptors fans overrating their young players again. OG is more Aminu than Kawhi. He's a role player.

You think I was serious? Lol. I’m the last person to overreact. It was his rookie season, he played well, I’ll give him a few more before I say that.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    What I think and what Masai thinks are different things. And if LBJ goes out West does it matter if we make a roster change?
                    Okay, after the playoff sweep we just experienced, in back to back season, does Masai really think continuity is what this team needs? LOL.

Look I'm just trying to make sense of this move. I don't think Messina or any other "big name" coach is going to want to be part of a rebuilding team, but an assistant who doesn't come with the same notoriety would probably be more willing to take the job and be happy with it.

Comment

• Another thing: I lost count how many times Nurse would say in his halftime interviews "We gotta get JV involved" or "Demar needs to look to move the ball"

Very different quotes from "He's our guy come hell or high water" and "Ride or Die"

Comment

You think I was serious? Lol. I’m the last person to overreact. It was his rookie season, he played well, I’ll give him a few more before I say that.
                        Hard to tell lol. My bad.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Nah we just don't all take it as serious as some

Poeltl = Divac

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Continuity as in he was on the payroll last year. There is no indication or even valid reason to think coaching will be done the same at all.

Assistant coaches have very little say, especially in game management.
                            You make it sound like he was just handing out gatorade on the bench.

Comment

• My thinking is that Masai wanted a coach that would accept going either path...rebuild/retool and giving this roster another go at it under different leadership.

The 3 year contracts were given last summer to take two more shots at making a finals with this core. The third year they become tradable assets.

Expect another push this year and if they fail and regress it’s Plan B, trade the core.

Nurse would’ve been okay with both of these scenerio’s. So it giving Masai flexibility in coaching and roster. Coach Bud didn’t want to rebuild. The Bucks are years from going that direction.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                My thinking is that Masai wanted a coach that would accept going either path...rebuild/retool and giving this roster another go at it under different leadership.

The 3 year contracts were given last summer to take two more shots at making a finals with this core. The third year they become tradable assets.

Expect another push this year and if they fail and regress it’s Plan B, trade the core.

Nurse would’ve been okay with both of these scenerio’s. So it giving Masai flexibility in coaching and roster. Coach Bud didn’t want to rebuild. The Bucks are years from going that direction.
                                See I have a hard time viewing it that way. It basically means that Masai doesn't have a plan on how to proceed, so he wants to wait and see. I don't believe for a moment that MU doesn't know exactly what he wants to do with this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X