No announcement yet.

Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like Billy Donovan wants to make a run at the NBA. Seems like a good candidate. He was won multiple national championships and has had prolonged success in the NCAA. To be honest, i don't know much other than that, but may as well add him to the list of candidates.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...season-sources

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Sounds like Billy Donovan wants to make a run at the NBA. Seems like a good candidate. He was won multiple national championships and has had prolonged success in the NCAA. To be honest, i don't know much other than that, but may as well add him to the list of candidates.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...season-sources
      Orlando hired him but he backed out days later. They hired SVG instead.

I'd say he is looking to stay in Florida. Just my opinion.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Orlando hired him but he backed out days later. They hired SVG instead.

I'd say he is looking to stay in Florida. Just my opinion.
        Yeah thats kind of what im thinking too. Orlando also has a lot more young talent, which may mean that he would have an easier transition, but i still think its worth mentioning.

Comment

• If Billy D goes to the NBA it's 99% that it will be for the Magic. Orlando is only 2 hours from Gainesville and Billy D loves Florida. He's probably looking at Stevens in Boston and thinking he could do the same thing in Orlando. Lots of young talent and no pressure to win right away, unlike last time where he was expected to win the titles his first season since they still had Howard. As a Florida fan I hope he stays at UF, but he's one of the few college coaches I think would be successful at the next level.

Comment

• Who are the best available head coaches?

So who are the best available head coaching prospects?

Haralabob loves the Bucks' defensive mastermind.
            D'Antoni is still out there, I always thought his defensive reputation was unfair (On the one hand, I have a hunch he'd be able to maximize Ross + Patterson... on the other, the lack of shooting from DD and Amir, the lack of playmaking from KL and JV's slow footedness make it seem like he wouldn't fit the roster)
            .... uh, Sam Mitchell... ?

Give me a hand, guys.
            @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• Please not D'Antoni

Comment

• Not many. I only like these two:

Malone and Jeff Van Gundy. Hon. mention: rocwell ( future pop. )

Comment

• Kevin Ollie
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mike Malone?

Comment

• Anyone else
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Not in order of preference:

Hoiberg
                        Ollie
                        Donovan
                        Thibs (he won't be back in Chicago)

Then there are a number of assistant coaches who I am not going to pretend to know if they'd make a good head coach but surely one with player development background is out there.

Comment

• Avery Johnson, and Thibs may be available after the playoffs assuming the bulls lose to cleveland.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Not in order of preference:

Hoiberg
                            Ollie
                            Donovan
                            Thibs (he won't be back in Chicago)

Then there are a number of assistant coaches who I am not going to pretend to know if they'd make a good head coach but surely one with player development background is out there.
                            Yeah, give me Thibs, a college guy, or an assistant getting a promotion (not necessarily from the Raps). I'm not very interested in any of the other available NBA HC's.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, give me Thibs, a college guy, or an assistant getting a promotion (not necessarily from the Raps). I'm not very interested in any of the other available NBA HC's.
                              Avery Johnson was a decent coach?

Comment

• oh sweet god not Avery
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X