Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Here's a couple of coaches from the Spurs staff:
    Yea I know Becky Hammond is a spurs assistant but as a head coach it's a whole other thing

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
      Yea I know Becky Hammond is a spurs assistant but as a head coach it's a whole other thing
      "Hell hath no fury like a womans scorn"

If you are looking for accountability a woman may be the route to go.lol

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
        I don't think our fans are stupid enough to let MU off the hook by just firing DC. It will take a lot more than firing DC for MU to get my stamp of approval.
        I know he'll do stuff to the roster, we have tons of expirings, change is inevitable there. Firing Casey AND hiring a good replacement will get my stamp of approval. After that he can go retool, rebuild, trade swindle, whatever he feels like and I'll dig it. If he keeps Casey......I don't even want to entertain that possibility.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          I know he'll do stuff to the roster, we have tons of expirings, change is inevitable there. Firing Casey AND hiring a good replacement will get my stamp of approval. After that he can go retool, rebuild, trade swindle, whatever he feels like and I'll dig it. If he keeps Casey......I don't even want to entertain that possibility.
          If he keeps Casey he could part the Red Sea and it'll be #FireMU

Comment

• If he keeps Casey he's gonna heart it from the fans and the media
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• well, maybe not the media, they're a bunch of pussies
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...s-In-Offseason

Raps should go after Tom Thibs. Although he might play Lowry and Amir for 48 minutes looool.

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
                  http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...s-In-Offseason

Raps should go after Tom Thibs. Although he might play Lowry and Amir for 48 minutes looool.
                  I really don't understand why Chicago wants to fire such a good coach, but if they do, we should call him the second the news breaks. Hopefully Thibs could get Ron Adams back on his staff too.

Comment

• Thibs would want someone that knows his system. Would do a S&T with Chicago to get Butler. Would trade DD straight up for him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Thibs would want someone that knows his system. Would do a S&T with Chicago to get Butler. Would trade DD straight up for him.
                      why would Chicago do that?

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
                        http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...s-In-Offseason

How awkward would it be if Chicago makes the ECF, Finals or wins the whole damn thing and still gets fired...Thibs coaching the raps seems too good to ever become reality lol but depending on who OKC hires and if NOP doesn't fire Monty, TOR is the next best destination thats likely to have an opening...

Comment

• Ettore Messina Casey has lost the locker room and we have no offensive system...

I say we lose Lou, install an actual offense, lose Casey and call it a day
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            why would Chicago do that?
                            Chicago's cheap.. would be surprised if they brought back Butler at the max. Trade DD for Butler and it's a win-win. They don't lose an asset for nothing, and are able to compete at a high level with someone like DD for one more year before he uses his player option.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Chicago's cheap.. would be surprised if they brought back Butler at the max. Trade DD for Butler and it's a win-win. They don't lose an asset for nothing, and are able to compete at a high level with someone like DD for one more year before he uses his player option.
                              Yeah they're cheap, but Tony Snell is a hell of a lot cheaper than Demar.

Comment

• I quickly went through this thread and put together a list of coaches mentioned:

Jeff Van Gundy
                                Alvin Gentry
                                E. Messina
                                Mike Malone
                                Thibadeau
                                Nate McMillan
                                Ron Adams
                                Obradovic
                                Tom Sterner

Players:
                                Billups -- Interest is in front office, not coaching
                                Battier -- TV/Poltics

Jeff would likely want Masai's job, so that would have to be the board's choice.
                                Of the others mentioned (who I know), I like Malone, Thibs, Messina, Gentry and McMillan. Becky Hammond's been an assistant for a year? Maybe, 5-10 years from now we can have the debate whether she can/should be a head coach. There's just not enough of a track record to make that sort of argument.

Am I missing any serious candidates?

Was I right to not include Scott Brooks in my list?

Comment

Working...
                                X