Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    I chuckled.

As far as the latest 'news' goes, Messina is an interesting case because he's 58, so, whatever job he takes is likely to be his first and last head coaching job in the league. As much as I think he would be a great fit in Toronto, given both his experience and what I know of his approach, I am not sure that the Raps are a great fit for him as presently constituted with their relatively brief window.
    He's 58, not 78. Same exact age as Rick Carlisle.

He's 3 years younger than Casey. Is Casey done coaching in the league?

Messina would be middle of the pack age wise among head coaches. He's not some ring chaser about to retire. He easily has 10 years of coaching left, possible more.

Comment

• The wait is getting to me.

Patiently and anxiously waiting...

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        He's 58, not 78. Same exact age as Rick Carlisle.

He's 3 years younger than Casey. Is Casey done coaching in the league?

Messina would be middle of the pack age wise among head coaches. He's not some ring chaser about to retire. He easily has 10 years of coaching left, possible more.
        Lots of teams vying to hire 65 year old head coaches? Most of the guys in their 60s coaching have been with their teams forever (Stotts, Pop) or are uniquely positioned in some respect (Gentry, Doc, D'Antoni).

And, no, I don't think Casey is going to have an easy time finding a good job.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Lots of teams vying to hire 65 year old head coaches? Most of the guys in their 60s coaching have been with their teams forever (Stotts, Pop) or are uniquely positioned in some respect (Gentry, Doc, D'Antoni).

And, no, I don't think Casey is going to have an easy time finding a good job.
          Thibs is 60, D'Antoni is 67, so many good coaches older than Messina.

Goob job? I'd say any NBA head coach position is a good job. Casey will for sure get another head coaching gig. Any available head coach position is going to be attached to a somewhat undesirable situation, otherwise they wouldn't be looking for a new head coach.

Comment

• https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...n-Expectations

No thanks to Mike "I don't want to be part of a winning organization" Budenlolzer.

Comment

• Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Jonas Valanciunas yelled out, “There you go! There you go!” Bobby Webster gave a look of pleasant surprise. Masai Ujiri yelled out, “We got an [expletive] squad now.” And before DeRozan hit the locker room door, former NBA great Kobe Bryant hugged him and said, “Y’all look so different.”
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

That name sounds familiar. He played for the Warriors a few years ago right?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Weird.

This process is taking way too long imo & to interview Sarunas doesnt make a whole lot of sense considering his limited coaching experience in a different league.

Maybe he just stopped for coffee to talk to JV and ended up in Masai's office?!

Comment

• Maybe Masai is trying to find the next Brad Stevens. Don't mind if they hire him. Anyone but Nurse or Rex.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        That name sounds familiar. He played for the Warriors a few years ago right?
                        Pacers I believe

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Weird.

This process is taking way too long imo & to interview Sarunas doesnt make a whole lot of sense considering his limited coaching experience in a different league.

Maybe he just stopped for coffee to talk to JV and ended up in Masai's office?!
                          Experience is not the critical measure of a coach.

I'm not saying they should hire him, but they shouldn't rule him out because of that. He was an incredibly smart player and fantastic on-court leader. He may be a legit coaching option. He is coaching the top Lithuanian league team, which is nothing to sneeze at, and had them in the Euroleague final four this year.

It seems that Masai is indeed casting a wide net, which is fine. I'm happy he's not looking at the same 5-10 retread type options of coaches with NBA head coaching experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• sounds like Raps to be honest
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Pacers I believe
                                Yeah he played in the NBA. I remember him. He's a great shooter.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X