Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Raps have a shot at Kevin Love? Wouldya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Raps have a shot at Kevin Love? Wouldya?

Watching the Cavs v Spurs game last night, it was not hard to imagine Kevin Love wanting to get the fuck out of Cleveland. Another 4th quarter benching, another game where he was completely misused when he was on the court. I'd say there's a very, very slim chance he'd consider the Raps, but it's an interesting idea and the more I think about it, the more I'm torn.

On the one hand, he'd be a defensive nightmare alongside Valanciunas, and the team already has trouble/reluctance feeding the post as it is so I don't think Casey would be any better suited to coach the man than Blatt.

On the other hand, this might be a case where you need to swing for the fences by acquiring an elite talent and worrying about the fit later by addressing the coach and other roster issues after the fact, because guys this talented aren't exactly knocking down the door to play in Toronto.

So....wouldya?

Hell no!
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Its a no brainer to grab a guy like that.

Comment

I wouldn't either. He's like Chris Bosh in the sense he has elite level talent, but he doesn't make anyone around him better. If we were going for an elite guy in the trade market or in free agency I hope it would be for someone that raises the level of the entire team.

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind taking a flyer on David Lee. His trade value couldn't be lower, and it's a nice fat expiring contract in the summer of 2016 (keeping Masai's plan in tact).

I realize he's anything but a defensive stud, but he's got very good offensive skills. And the winning mentality from Golden State might rub off on some guys.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't either. He's like Chris Bosh in the sense he has elite level talent, but he doesn't make anyone around him better. If we were going for an elite guy in the trade market or in free agency I hope it would be for someone that raises the level of the entire team.
            While I agree with you in a vacuum, Love could benefit nicely from a Lowry pairing. Lowry being the emotional engine that turns the wheel, and Love being the guy who drops 20 and 10 every night in his sleep.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              While I agree with you in a vacuum, Love could benefit nicely from a Lowry pairing. Lowry being the emotional engine that turns the wheel, and Love being the guy who drops 20 and 10 every night in his sleep.
              Gotta say, I love the idea of an offense based around Love/Lowry pick and rolls, and Love playing the Amir Johnson high post passer/handoff guy role. Anything to take the ball out of DeRozan's hands until there's under 10 on the clock.

Comment

Nah
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Trade for him? Not if you had to give up any true assets.

If you could sign him in FA without destroying our cap, future flexibility and still commit to whatever direction this team chooses to take? Definitely, talent is always welcome.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I actually wouldn't mind taking a flyer on David Lee. His trade value couldn't be lower, and it's a nice fat expiring contract in the summer of 2016 (keeping Masai's plan in tact).

I realize he's anything but a defensive stud, but he's got very good offensive skills. And the winning mentality from Golden State might rub off on some guys.
                    NOooooooo. Anything but a defensive stud? He's one of the WORST defensive bigs getting signifant minutes in the nba. That's the last thing we need to add to this group.

As for love, zero chance he would pick toronto.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
                      Trade for him? Not if you had to give up any true assets.

If you could sign him in FA without destroying our cap, future flexibility and still commit to whatever direction this team chooses to take? Definitely, talent is always welcome.
                      Love is super valuable in this league.. so if you get him for "free" (ie, as a free agent), his value will be sky high. He's a 20/10 monster and he was traded for Wiggins. His value has not dropped off because of how he played in Cleveland. So you get him, and if he's not working out, you move him. Like you said.. talent is always welcome.

Comment

"Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

This franchise is in absolutely no position to be choosy about an All-NBA player
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Love is super valuable in this league.. so if you get him for "free" (ie, as a free agent), his value will be sky high. He's a 20/10 monster and he was traded for Wiggins. His value has not dropped off because of how he played in Cleveland. So you get him, and if he's not working out, you move him. Like you said.. talent is always welcome.
                            Exactly, anyone with value shouldn't be overlooked for any reason unless you are able to compete for the title.

One of the reason I would rather see a Mcgee on the end of the bench versus a Steamer for example. Athletic 7 feet on a good contract has value, doesn't really matter how it plays.

Comment

No chance.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X