Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khris Middleton, should he be an of-season target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khris Middleton, should he be an of-season target?

His name has come up on the board a few times. Right now he is showing that he can be an everyday starter at the 3 spot in the NBA. His numbers for the season are 12.8 ppg with 4.5 rebounds, 2 assists and 1.5 steals on 47.5% from the field (44 from 3) AND OVER 85% from the foul line.

His numbers in February and March are even better.

The Bucks Have the Greek freak and the injured Jabari Parker who will be eating up a lot of minutes at the wing going forward, add in to the mix the possible emergence of the injured rookie Damien Inglis as well and Middleton could be expendable to the Bucks, would they match a big offer?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

I love the idea. If you could get him for fair market value, I'd say go for it. I think I read an ESPN piece that guestimated around 8 mill per year, and signing him to something this would look even better after the cap jumps up. A lot of teams will be in the market for him though, which might make it tough to get him at a good price. The other issue is that you'd have to then either get Amir back at a discount or find some cheap help at the back-up 4 and start Patterson.

But if you could make the money work, he and DD would mesh well on the wing, he's basically what the team hopes Ross turns into at some point. The nice thing about signing him now though is that it gives Ross time to develop and a defined role coming off the bench as a scorer/energy guy. Would really solidify the rotation and help shore up the perimeter D.

Comment

Certainly worth a look. But is he just a good player getting inflated numbers on a not very good, young team?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I haven't watched a whole lot of him, how's his defense? I think he had a reputation of being a weak perimeter defender coming out of college, is that still the case?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Certainly worth a look. But is he just a good player getting inflated numbers on a not very good, young team?
          Let's see what he looks like in the playoffs.

Comment

He is pretty good. I don't think he is getting inflated numbers cause they are trying to inflate Giannis' numbers if anything. Also they are legitimately in the playoff race...although in the East. I have him on my fantasy squad. He needs to work on his handles and passing because he is turnover prone. That said he gets a steal or two a game and is averaging 4.5 rebounds per game. He has been doing really well in the past month as well. ...He is worth a look but the question of whether or not we can get him is another.... isn't he a RFA..... I still think we should (sadly) let Amir go.... resign Lou will. Take the savings from Amir and Landry and try to get Paul Millsap or some other power forward.

I don't like the idea of giving up JV to do anything or KL. If a trade is needed try to trade DD for someone. I want to say Wiggins for DD and two picks but we all know that it isn't going to happen.

Comment

Yes Yes Yes YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

He's the perfect fit, good defender, great 3 point shooter and a 50/40/90 threat. He reminds me of a way younger and bigger Klye kover

I say we get Khris, offer from 11-12.5m, 4years.
              Then we trade tross and second for Donatas Motiejunas
              Then trade GV for a sign and trade with Patrick Beverly
              Resign Lou for 6.5 and chuck for 1
              Sign Javale McGee 2m
              Sign a VET with a shit ton of playoff experience for just above the minimum. Preferably a Guard so he can play backup if a injury happens or a C to reavh JV and McGee the right way to play

Lowry(12)/PB(7)
              DeRozan(10.5)/Lou(6.5)
              Khris.M(11.5)/James.J(2.5)/Bruno(1.5)
              Motiejunas(1.5)/2Pat(6)/BeBe(2)
              JV(4)/JaVale(2m)/Chuck(1)
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                He is pretty good. I don't think he is getting inflated numbers cause they are trying to inflate Giannis' numbers if anything. Also they are legitimately in the playoff race...although in the East. I have him on my fantasy squad. He needs to work on his handles and passing because he is turnover prone. That said he gets a steal or two a game and is averaging 4.5 rebounds per game. He has been doing really well in the past month as well. ...He is worth a look but the question of whether or not we can get him is another.... isn't he a RFA..... I still think we should (sadly) let Amir go.... resign Lou will. Take the savings from Amir and Landry and try to get Paul Millsap or some other power forward.

I don't like the idea of giving up JV to do anything or KL. If a trade is needed try to trade DD for someone. I want to say Wiggins for DD and two picks but we all know that it isn't going to happen.
                Only way we can get Wiggins is in Free agency.

Demar(25) should not be traded, it should be Tross(24)
                Abbas wrote:

Comment

He's a 2 isn't he? we need a 3. But if you're going to target a 2 this offseason you target Wes Matthews.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                    I haven't watched a whole lot of him, how's his defense? I think he had a reputation of being a weak perimeter defender coming out of college, is that still the case?
                    He's a very good perimeter defender
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      He's a 2 isn't he? we need a 3. But if you're going to target a 2 this offseason you target Wes Matthews.
                      He's 6'8" 220lbs

He can play the 2 and 3
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        He's 6'8" 220lbs

He can play the 2 and 3
                        If he can play the 3 then sign me up.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

IMO he's a better option then T.Harris
                          Abbas wrote:

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            I agree with the Wes Matthews thing, he's really good. but Middleton is a 3. Although this year the Bucks have him playing the 4 a lot, and b-ref has him playing an absurd 67% of his minutes at the 4. Then again, Giannis, Middleton, and Dudley probably just switch between SG, SF, and PF.

EDIT: We should target Middleton.

Comment

Middleton's a good target. Hard to gauge the interest there will be in him in the summer though. Seems like a more under the radar name, and that could mean he's gettable is Milwaukee doesn't want to spend much to keep him.

Also, no thanks on Wes Matthews. Dude just suffered one of the worst sports injuries by tearing his achilles. Big red flag to stay away.

Comment

Working...
                              X