• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Shout out to Jack Armstrong!!!!
    Huh?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Just finished watching the last half of the third/entire fourth. (I didn't have the stomach to watch this team play an entire game tonight). Watched the Portland feed. Highlights included the Portland announcers wondering weather Toronto had gone into a weird zone at some point because Lillard got so wide open, and then a general comment about how the scramble unit seemed hopeless in their rotations. My only real thought about the game was: why in God's name was JJ covering Aldridge in crunch time?
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Just finished watching the last half of the third/entire fourth. (I didn't have the stomach to watch this team play an entire game tonight). Watched the Portland feed. Highlights included the Portland announcers wondering weather Toronto had gone into a weird zone at some point because Lillard got so wide open, and then a general comment about how the scramble unit seemed hopeless in their rotations. My only real thought about the game was: why in God's name was JJ covering Aldridge in crunch time?
        Even if the scramble unit plays good defense, they give up the offensive rebound.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• This defensive juggernaut we have needs to find a new home somewhere south of the border.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            The problem I see is if we get past first round then DC is retained.
            I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. As has been pointed out in the past, Memphis and Golden State are just 2 teams, of what I imagine is historically many, that have found a new voice despite perceived "success".

I suppose a positive in all of this, is that Demar has hit for 49% over his last 7 games, and brought his Season FG% back up over 40% ... silver lining! Lol
            Last edited by Joey; Mon Mar 16, 2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. As has been pointed out in the past, Memphis and Golden State are just 2 teams, of what I imagine is historically many, that have found a new voice despite perceived "success".

I suppose a positive in all of this, is that Demar has hit for 49% over his last 7 games, and brought his Season FG% back up over 40% ... silver lining! Lol
              I actually agree. I know most of the forum treats Casey's firing as a foregone conclusion, but I think what will be more obvious to Masai; who remember is a talent evaluator or scout moreso than anything else, is that this team needs an infusion of talent.

I don't think he wouldn't oblivious to Casey not being the greatest coach, but I don't think he'll look at the team and say "a new coach, that's what we really need".

Obviously he wouldn't be completely correct in bringing in talent over a coach, but it wouldn't be a completely correct stance to be simply happy with a coaching change which many posters of the forum feel would constitute a good offseason.

It wouldn't, this team is sorely lacking BOTH talent and coaching. I think the forum is missing that part.

*Yes, I know some of you realize what I've stated above but I've seen it stated quite a few times that x would be just fine if Casey got fired in the offseason.
              Last edited by Mindlessness; Mon Mar 16, 2015, 12:27 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• well, that streak ended quickly.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                  I actually agree. I know most of the forum treats Casey's firing as a foregone conclusion, but I think what will be more obvious to Masai; who remember is a talent evaluator or scout moreso than anything else, is that this team needs an infusion of talent.

I don't think he wouldn't oblivious to Casey not being the greatest coach, but I don't think he'll look at the team and say "a new coach, that's what we really need".

Obviously he wouldn't be completely correct in bringing in talent over a coach, but it wouldn't be a completely correct stance to be simply happy with a coaching change which many posters of the forum feel would constitute a good offseason.

It wouldn't, this team is sorely lacking BOTH talent and coaching. I think the forum is missing that part.

*Yes, I know some of you realize what I've stated above but I've seen it stated quite a few times that x would be just fine if Casey got fired in the offseason.
                  Without a coach talent is wasted. Bargs is showing life in NY and Casey's "coaching" has pretty much killed the value of every guard and forward. GV is pretty much a 40% FG non-passing defensive sieve at this point

Comment

• Can't believe Lowry got into a 1 v 1 competition with Blake in the second quarter and got his ass handed to him.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      Can't believe Lowry got into a 1 v 1 competition with Blake in the second quarter and got his ass handed to him.
                      That was embarrassing. That dude is suckered in so easily.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• This is painful to watch

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Without a coach talent is wasted. Bargs is showing life in NY and Casey's "coaching" has pretty much killed the value of every guard and forward. GV is pretty much a 40% FG non-passing defensive sieve at this point
                          Bargs is playing for his NBA life. Nothing to do with coaching.

Comment

• With a team that's so terrible defensively, even a 5 point deficit seems too big a hill to climb.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Bargs is playing for his NBA life. Nothing to do with coaching.
                              Guys don't become 50% from the floor just by effort. Better shot selection is coaching or at least discourage poor shot selection. His efficiency improved not production.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Guys don't become 50% from the floor just by effort. Better shot selection is coaching or at least discourage poor shot selection. His efficiency improved not production.
                                This is the most efficient year in his last 5. The coincidence of a contract year cannot be ignored.

Comment

Working...
                                X