Game #67: Toronto Raptors 117 - Indiana Pacers 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see Bebe get consistent minutes because he's clearly becoming unmotivated sitting on the bench every game.

He is becoming unmotivated so we should give him minutes ?? Really ?? What kind of logic is it ?

Bebe needs to find the motivation within himself, play hard in practise and EARN his minutes. This is NBA. This is the BIG BOYS league. You got to earn what you want and nothing "should" be given to you because otherwise you might lose interest.

Comment

• Also why has Casey once again stopped playing JJ?

Ross barely played in the 2nd half and JJ was still glued to the beck in favor of Vasquez
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
        He is becoming unmotivated so we should give him minutes ?? Really ?? What kind of logic is it ?

Bebe needs to find the motivation within himself, play hard in practise and EARN his minutes. This is NBA. This is the BIG BOYS league. You got to earn what you want and nothing "should" be given to you because otherwise you might lose interest.
        Nobody earns minutes on this team, Casey hands it to some and not to others

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Solid W!

This team has shown to consistently beat sub .500. The .500 or better teams are the ones who kick our asses.
          But the above .500 teams are who you play in the playoffs so.... (well unless you play the 7th or 8th seed)
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            But the above .500 teams are who you play in the playoffs so.... (well unless you play the 7th or 8th seed)
            Yeah I know lol that's what this team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              First bold - 13, 10, what's difference?? is a 13pt lead now a blowout?

Second bold - So you're losing you're shit just bcause of that? guessing you're worried about injuriies? lineup that finished the game - Amir, PP, Fields, DD, GV. Maybe Casey is experimenting about tht lineup i don't know. You need to relax though lol.

And oh you forgot to mention tht DC took JV out because Vogel put West at the 5. Good move IMO, don't want to see JV guarding West.
              You don't really get anything experimenting with lineups in garbage time. If you just want some reps for raw players like Bebe/Bruno? That's cool. But otherwise the intensity and organization level in the game are way too low to take anything away.

I had no problem with him taking JV out, that's why I ignored it. I had issue with...
              a) first and foremost, keeping chronic injury risk Amir out there. That's never justified in a blow out.
              b) secondly keeping Lowry in when he put GV on the court. Only need one PG out there, and you might as well rest your all-star who very recently had to miss some games just to rest various bumps and bruises.
              c) in general, yes it's kind of stupid to risk injuries to any of your regulars if you don't have to. GV kind of has to play because we don't have a 3rd string PG, but he could've easily trotted out something like Steamer, Hansbrough, JJ, Fields and Greivis. Just need to wind down the clock, and yes, I am freaking out because we're a month from playoffs and any chance to rest your players or save them from potential injury gets more important the closer you get. To me, and I'm sure many others, it shows a total lack of sense and alarming ignorance in terms of trying to manage some risk.
              d) Vogel threw in the towel at 2:08. Made wholesale changes for garbage time. So if Casey does changes to "match up", I don't see why that logic shouldn't apply to garbage time.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                DeMar, Lowry and Lou played well today, this isn't the game to criticise them.
                Lowry yes.

DeMar and Lou may have seemed so at the surface, but no. Lou was boarderline ok.

DeMar was bad, though he only looked better than his usual bad. His season averages for PPP is 1.07 on 24.6 possessions. For context;
                - Dion Waiters is 1.00 PPP on 15 possessions
                - Lance Stephenson is 1.10 on 17.6 possessions

or

- Hawyard is 1.21 PPP on 24.1 possessions
                - Harden is 1.30 PPP on 33.3 possessions

So no, DD still had a terrible night.

DD has similar production to Dion Waiters and Lance Stephenson. Both of whom have been hellishly bad this season.

*I calculate my PPP to include assists (quite heavily too). It should really really only be used to compare guards to guards. So the fact that JV demolished DeRozan in PPP should ring even more alarm bells. I am working on a big man efficient metric of my own that I like, since they provide different contributions to the game than a guard*

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                I'd like to see Bebe get consistent minutes because he's clearly becoming unmotivated sitting on the bench every game.
                (hence why I have stated he should be getting minutes in the second Q since January)

Comment

• Solid game. Not great, but very good. Long stretches of good offence - going inside, posting, and lots of passing. Defense was good for stretches, but not great overall. Still confused at the relegation of JJ.

Lowry was a man possessed. Good to see him playing well again. JV was great. Lou as well, good aggressive play. Mixed bag from DD - good job getting to the line, but he used a lot of possessions with tough, tough shots.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I really wish I could stay away. But when you've been following a team for 10 years or so it's much easier said than done. But go ahead enjoy the win, I am not impressed though. I saw no growth. I just saw us play a crappy team who couldn't shoot for their lives even though we gave them wide open look after wide open look. That's not a "quality" win in my book.
                    BRO ! the pacers scored 2 more points than their season average. They always miss open shots its who they are. How they supposedly beat teams is with their top rated defense which we scored 117 on.

It was actually a quality win. all the main rotation guys played really well!
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Nobody earns minutes on this team, Casey hands it to some and not to others
                      maybe those 'some' earned the minutes and the 'others' did not.

you guys gotta stop claiming stuff as if its fact. unless you attend every practice and chill with the team on a regular basis. You have no clue who earned what and who didnt.
                      Last edited by yabadabayolo; Mon Mar 16, 2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        maybe those 'some' earned the minutes and the 'others' did not.

you guys gotta stop claiming stuff as if its fact. unless you attend every practice and chill with the team on a regular basis. You have no clue who earned what and who didnt.
                        It's my opinion when the fuck did I say it's fact?

What the fucks wrong with you?

You got some problem with me??

Comment

• Comment

I really wish I could stay away. But when you've been following a team for 10 years or so it's much easier said than done. But go ahead enjoy the win, I am not impressed though. I saw no growth. I just saw us play a crappy team who couldn't shoot for their lives even though we gave them wide open look after wide open look. That's not a "quality" win in my book.
                            Bro, you say the same things EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. And you've said you're done with the team like 20 times. You criticize people for enjoying a win or enjoying a game. "How you can sit there and watch this team is beyond me!" Like, why are you here? I actually picture you watching every game with a scowl on your face, like you fucking hate this team but post on these boards daily. Are you a glutton for punishment? Are you ever going to just RELLLLLAX? Do the Raptors effect your whole day? Your family life? Because we all see the flaws, but I consistently see you melodramatic and pessimistic ALL. THE. TIME.

They're not going to win the championship this year. They're going to lose a few more rough ones. They're going to chuck a few bad shots. It's 67 games in does it still blow your fucking mind to the point of crying woe is me and scolding other fans for cheering? Take off your critical hat for 5 minutes at a time and smile dude. We won on the road against a hot team. Time for bed, lol.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's my opinion when the fuck did I say it's fact?

What the fucks wrong with you?

You got some problem with me??
                              naw big guy its not directed at you in any way. my bad. It was just a general statement for the some people who do say that as a fact

Comment

• Thats deep af lol

Comment

Working...
                                X