Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patching our Biggest Need: Is it at the 3 or the 4 ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    The type of 4 we look for depends on what you get at the 3.

    Let's say for example you get a defensive stud like Butler to play the 3. Then the 4 can be more of an offensive minded player. If we don't address the 3 with a defensive player then the 4 will have to be defense minded.

    So, I think once the 3 is sorted out we'll know what to look for in the 4
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

    Comment


    • #47
      It's a good question. I think you tend to lean on PF out of necessity? Amir's done, which is sad to say and i don't trust patterson to start. I think a rim protector at the 4 would fit in nicely. To me, Val's become a pretty reliable threat on offense and while his D is so-so i'm inclined to blame the perimeter guys not keeping their man in front of them ever. obviously val has work to do but i'm just saying.

      honestly, a guy like Ibaka or even Taj Gibson would be perfect.

      if you went that route and brought in a guy like Middleton i think the team would be much better.

      oh and a coach who knows what hes doing obviously.
      @sweatpantsjer

      Comment


      • #48
        Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        The type of 4 we look for depends on what you get at the 3.

        Let's say for example you get a defensive stud like Butler to play the 3. Then the 4 can be more of an offensive minded player. If we don't address the 3 with a defensive player then the 4 will have to be defense minded.

        So, I think once the 3 is sorted out we'll know what to look for in the 4
        I'm not sure if it's that simple. Having Butler on the wing doesn't help our matchup vs. Gasol, Aldridge, Bosh, Davis, etc.

        Conversely, having Ibaka at the 4, doesn't really help slow down LeBron, Melo, Harden, George, etc.

        Comment


        • #49
          ceez wrote: View Post
          It's a good question. I think you tend to lean on PF out of necessity? Amir's done, which is sad to say and i don't trust patterson to start. I think a rim protector at the 4 would fit in nicely. To me, Val's become a pretty reliable threat on offense and while his D is so-so i'm inclined to blame the perimeter guys not keeping their man in front of them ever. obviously val has work to do but i'm just saying.

          honestly, a guy like Ibaka or even Taj Gibson would be perfect.

          if you went that route and brought in a guy like Middleton i think the team would be much better.

          oh and a coach who knows what hes doing obviously.
          Agreed 100%! I even beleive a player like Ibaka would make that raptors squad VERY serious contenders in the EAST! He's such a perfect fit for JV. Unfortunatly theres no way we get this guy. In the case of greg monroe, i think he is too much like JV. he tends to stick around the paint on offense, not a great mid-range shooter by any means (= bad spacing when both are on the floor ) + Monroe is not known for his mobility or his defense.he a good player but just a not a good fit for JV. . We dont need 2 JV on the court scoring down - low ,doing post moves and "clogin" up the paint . we need good players that complement each other. On the other hand, Taj would be a decent fit : playing D, blocking shot , getting involved on the glass and doing Amir's dirty work of hustling. Amir is the right type of player next to JV , we just need a better version of amir! Wich is an athletic guy that block shot, make good rotations , rebound and can shoot a little bit. Dont need another low post scorer , JV is doing it at an elite level. (Sorry for bad english) -a Baller from MTL

          Comment


          • #50
            I think we need both the 3 and the 4.. and personally I'd like to see one of Ross or DeMar get moved to obtain that 4 (DD is more valuable and should be able to get a better 4), and then to use free agency to fill in the wing spot.

            My ideal choice would be Jimmy Butler who I think is attainable due to the Bulls being really cheap. But if we strike out at him, then I like Middleton and Carrolle or even Matthews (physical pending)... and if we strike out at them then Patrick Beverely or Danny Green.... basically I'd be looking for a 2/3 that can play defense.

            I just don't think any top tier PF (Millsap, Aldridge, Green) will be available.

            Comment


            • #51
              Superstar at any position.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • #52
                You see I say target Carroll now?


                Look at that contract. No roadblocks or anything to deal with.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                Comment


                • #53
                  Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Thanks for info. Milsap would definitely be an upgrade at the 4.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I think we need both the 3 and the 4.. and personally I'd like to see one of Ross or DeMar get moved to obtain that 4 (DD is more valuable and should be able to get a better 4), and then to use free agency to fill in the wing spot.

                    My ideal choice would be Jimmy Butler who I think is attainable due to the Bulls being really cheap. But if we strike out at him, then I like Middleton and Carrolle or even Matthews (physical pending)... and if we strike out at them then Patrick Beverely or Danny Green.... basically I'd be looking for a 2/3 that can play defense.

                    I just don't think any top tier PF (Millsap, Aldridge, Green) will be available.
                    I love Danny Green but I suspect he will turn out to be not so good out of the Spurs system.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      FYI, guys, Hoopshype is not a reliable source. Use basketball-insiders, or better yet, Shamsports. Hoopshype is the most likely site to get stuff wrong.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Would you trade JV and our first to the Knicks for their first this year if its in the top 2 ?
                        Knicks DO NOT ANSWER our calls anymore.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          A lot of votes for RFA's in the thread. If history is a guide, (and it is) it will be near impossible to get them as teams simply match unless the player is a bust.

                          Here is a list of UFA's and PO's which may be available at the PF spot which is leading the poll.

                          Player
                          LaMarcus Aldridge $15.256M UFA
                          Kevin Love $16.744M PO
                          Paul Millsap $9.500M UFA
                          Greg Monroens $5.480M UFA
                          Draymond Green $1.181M RFA
                          David West $12.600M PO
                          Thaddeus Young $9.750M PO
                          Carlos Boozer $3.251M LOL
                          Amar'e Stoudemire$485.7k Again LOL
                          Tristan Thompson $6.778M RFA
                          Amir Johnson $7.100M UFA
                          Luis Scola $4.869M UFA
                          Brandon Bass\ $6.900M UFA
                          Brandan Wright $5.000M UFA
                          Marreese Speights$3.815M PO
                          Lavoy Allen \ $948.2k UFA
                          Kyle O'Quinn\\\ \\$1.181M RFA
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Mar 17, 2015, 08:07 PM.
                          And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            So with JV emerging as a post scorer why do many of you want a low post PF?

                            That doesn't make any sense...

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              So with JV emerging as a post scorer why do many of you want a low post PF?

                              That doesn't make any sense...
                              Imagine having TWO big lumbering bodies around the net. Think about how you've been told that they can score in post-up (read: ISO) situations. Wouldn't you give the ball to them every possession?

                              -Casey, after we sign [insert decent low post PF here].

                              Yeah, you're right, he'd just ignore their existences, wouldn't he?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Bargnani is an option as a stretch 4.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X