Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patching our Biggest Need: Is it at the 3 or the 4 ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    So with JV emerging as a post scorer why do many of you want a low post PF?

    That doesn't make any sense...
    Two low post big men has worked plenty of times in the NBA, Randolph and Gasol is a great example right now. It's like saying why would you want 2 3pt shooters, or 2 players who can drive to the basket? Only having one post threat is not a balanced team.

    Comment


    • #62
      its going to be hard to pry monroe out of detroit at this point.
      i say we try to trade for taj gibson, then sign demarre caroll.
      or sign kevin love straight up (if hes trying to play for us, that is)

      that keeps us with cap space for the 2016 offseason, where we can make a play for KD

      Comment


      • #63
        Primer wrote: View Post
        Two low post big men has worked plenty of times in the NBA, Randolph and Gasol is a great example right now. It's like saying why would you want 2 3pt shooters, or 2 players who can drive to the basket? Only having one post threat is not a balanced team.
        Randolph is a deadly face up shooter. Now so is Gasol.

        JV will take some time to get to Gasol's level since we have wasted 3 years of his development in that facet.

        I think for a PF, Patterson fits quite well. If he improves defensively and rebounding wise he can be a very good pairing with JV with his passing and shooting ability.

        Comment


        • #64
          007 wrote: View Post
          Bargnani is an option as a stretch 4.
          Moderators, do your worst!

          Comment


          • #65
            Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            A lot of votes for RFA's in the thread. If history is a guide, (and it is) it will be near impossible to get them as teams simply match unless the player is a bust.

            Here is a list of UFA's and PO's which may be available at the PF spot which is leading the poll.

            Player
            LaMarcus Aldridge $15.256M UFA
            Kevin Love $16.744M PO
            Paul Millsap $9.500M UFA
            Greg Monroens $5.480M UFA
            Draymond Green $1.181M RFA
            David West $12.600M PO
            Thaddeus Young $9.750M PO
            Carlos Boozer $3.251M LOL
            Amar'e Stoudemire$485.7k Again LOL
            Tristan Thompson $6.778M RFA
            Amir Johnson $7.100M UFA
            Luis Scola $4.869M UFA
            Brandon Bass\ $6.900M UFA
            Brandan Wright $5.000M UFA
            Marreese Speights$3.815M PO
            Lavoy Allen \ $948.2k UFA
            Kyle O'Quinn\\\ \\$1.181M RFA
            I would honestly take Aldridge over Love, without hesitation.

            Comment


            • #66
              OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Randolph is a deadly face up shooter. Now so is Gasol.

              JV will take some time to get to Gasol's level since we have wasted 3 years of his development in that facet.

              I think for a PF, Patterson fits quite well. If he improves defensively and rebounding wise he can be a very good pairing with JV with his passing and shooting ability.
              This is what I want to occur in the offseason myself. I think most people would be happy with this.

              1. Bring back TH, LF & CH. Let Amir, Lou and Steamer go.

              2. Sign Carroll. Veteran guy whose proven. This moves Ross to the 2 and JJ to the 4.

              3. Bring in a PF in the draft.

              4. Invite Daniels to SL to compete with Bruno & Fields for backup 3 playing time.

              Rotations next year:

              KL
              DD
              DC
              PP
              JV

              Bench:
              GV
              TR
              LF/DeAD/BC
              TH/JJ/??
              LN/CH

              THat's not bad line-up. Maybe bring back De Colo too?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

              Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

              Comment


              • #67
                Cody73 wrote: View Post
                This is what I want to occur in the offseason myself. I think most people would be happy with this.

                1. Bring back TH, LF & CH. Let Amir, Lou and Steamer go.

                2. Sign Carroll. Veteran guy whose proven. This moves Ross to the 2 and JJ to the 4.

                3. Bring in a PF in the draft.

                4. Invite Daniels to SL to compete with Bruno & Fields for backup 3 playing time.

                Rotations next year:

                KL
                DD
                DC
                PP
                JV

                Bench:
                GV
                TR
                LF/DeAD/BC
                TH/JJ/??
                LN/CH

                THat's not bad line-up. Maybe bring back De Colo too?
                Why Landry Fields? Can we not find someone else to ride the bench for the minimum

                Comment


                • #68
                  jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                  Why Landry Fields? Can we not find someone else to ride the bench for the minimum
                  Ya, like our first round draft pick? We need to get rid of dead weight not keep it around.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    Why Landry Fields? Can we not find someone else to ride the bench for the minimum
                    Easy answer to that: I think Fields is better than most people do. Yes, he has lost his shot. But besides that, he's a fine backup playmaking 3 & D guy.

                    Look at what he does off the ball when he plays. He also passes effectively, which will help move our offense especially if GV is jacking up shots like has this year.

                    Also, I personally feel Daniels deserves a fair look. He's been playing well in the NBL this year for Perth, and is transitioning along nicely, which is why I wanna see him in SL.

                    Also, JJ can fill in minutes at the 3 as well if needed there considering Handsborough can play the 4.

                    Plus, look at what Carroll provides. Leadership, Defense, Consistency and Hunger. All of those will help our younger guys grow if we were to nab him. He's just that perfect fit in so many ways.... albeit there are a few other guys I'd consider as well (Middleton, Harris, Barnes, Montejunas all come to mind)
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Go after Al Jefferson. This guy is sooooooooo underrated. He's a force inside and can play both big spots.

                      If he doesn't take his player option, sign him. If he's taking it, I'd be willing to trade DeMar for him.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Easy answer to that: I think Fields is better than most people do. Yes, he has lost his shot. But besides that, he's a fine backup playmaking 3 & D guy.

                        Look at what he does off the ball when he plays. He also passes effectively, which will help move our offense especially if GV is jacking up shots like has this year.

                        Also, I personally feel Daniels deserves a fair look. He's been playing well in the NBL this year for Perth, and is transitioning along nicely, which is why I wanna see him in SL.

                        Also, JJ can fill in minutes at the 3 as well if needed there considering Handsborough can play the 4.

                        Plus, look at what Carroll provides. Leadership, Defense, Consistency and Hunger. All of those will help our younger guys grow if we were to nab him. He's just that perfect fit in so many ways.... albeit there are a few other guys I'd consider as well (Middleton, Harris, Barnes, Montejunas all come to mind)
                        If he has no shot, then how exactly is he a 3 and D guy? Sounds more like an average D guy with no 3. Fields will be lucky to be in the NBA next season, and I won't be surprised if no one signs him.

                        I think the lineup you listed would be a lot worse than this years team. Lose Amir and Lou and replace them with no one at their positions. Only add Demarre Carroll. Our PF rotation is backup players entirely, our bench is much worse with no scorers, but we have improved at starting SF. The only way I'd be happy with that offseason is if Casey was canned and a coach we're excited about is brought in, but I'd still be questioning Masai's roster building.

                        Fields, Hansbrough, and Hayes should all be let go. Two of those guys play essentially zero minutes right now, yet you have them as players to bring back?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Primer wrote: View Post
                          If he has no shot, then how exactly is he a 3 and D guy? Sounds more like an average D guy with no 3. Fields will be lucky to be in the NBA next season, and I won't be surprised if no one signs him.

                          I think the lineup you listed would be a lot worse than this years team. Lose Amir and Lou and replace them with no one at their positions. Only add Demarre Carroll. Our PF rotation is backup players entirely, our bench is much worse with no scorers, but we have improved at starting SF. The only way I'd be happy with that offseason is if Casey was canned and a coach we're excited about is brought in, but I'd still be questioning Masai's roster building.

                          Fields, Hansbrough, and Hayes should all be let go. Two of those guys play essentially zero minutes right now, yet you have them as players to bring back?
                          1. Playmaking SF & D guy is what I meant there, Primer.

                          2. I said we could grab a PF in the draft. I don't know who we should target though... and PP takes over as our starter while JJ backs him up.

                          3. All 3 guys help out on D. Defense wins championships. WE need good defenders on our bench, no?

                          Agreed on canning Casey. He's the real axe I hope falls.
                          Last edited by Cody73; Wed Mar 18, 2015, 03:23 PM.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                          Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Landry is a smart player and is a good guy to have on the bench for chemistry reasons.. however I personally would rather spend cash and acquire a second pick and to fill his spot on the bench with a rookie.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              the thing with Landry is he knows how to play, and when he does play (which is rare) he's always prepared and always gives 100%. that's a certainty. he plays the same when he's in for a couple minutes as when he starts. he always plays within himself and is great for team chemistry.

                              i'd rather have a guy like that as my end of bench player than an uncertainty.
                              @sweatpantsjer

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                ceez wrote: View Post
                                the thing with Landry is he knows how to play, and when he does play (which is rare) he's always prepared and always gives 100%. that's a certainty. he plays the same when he's in for a couple minutes as when he starts. he always plays within himself and is great for team chemistry.

                                i'd rather have a guy like that as my end of bench player than an uncertainty.
                                Everything you said could be said about 50-75% of the league. It's like when the best compliment you can give someone is "they're nice". He "gives it his all" and "is always prepared" shouldn't earn you an NBA roster spot.

                                The end of bench is best suited for guys like Bruno who need time to develop since end of bench doesn't really get minutes. All the vets on the team should be there to play, not for locker room chemistry (not that chemistry doesn't matter, but I don't see anyone on the team hurting it outside of Casey). Make Landry an assistant coach if he's so good for chemistry, because he's damn near useless on the court with that broken shot.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X