Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patching our Biggest Need: Is it at the 3 or the 4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Even if he does play, he's not at a point where you can run a clear out that guarantees either a double team, or a basket. He's made great progress this season, but he's not there yet.

The type of effect I'm thinking of is a Bosh, Gasol, Aldridge, Randolph, Monroe, West, Sullinger, etc type. These are guys who can score in single coverage whenever they want.
    I disagree, I think JV as is now, is more of a post threat than some of those guys if given the same touches and same opportunities. I'd give it to JV (in the post, not commenting on who is a better offensive player) before I give it to Bosh, Sullinger, Aldridge and maybe even West at this point. Randolph, both Gasols, and Monroe (Who has unreal post skills IMO) are the only ones with a clear edge I would say, and even then I think JV is getting close to being able to match it.

For the original question, I think it depends on if the system/coach remains the same. For our system its at the 3. For our teams strengths/weaknesses it's at the 4 imo.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      JV is supposed to be that guy no??

Are the fans starting to lose confidence in JV?
      I don't think any lineup with just 1 consistent low-post offensive threat, rebounder and rim protector is going to be successful.

JV plays his heart out, but more often than not he's battling 2 or 3 opposing players for rebounds, especially on the offensive glass (with 4 chuckers standing on the 3pt line - including our PF). All the work he puts in setting screens and battling on the glass cause him to be gassed, which hinders his performance on both ends eventually (lack of trust offensively and playing an entire quarter at a time are coaching decisions that only serve to exacerbate the problem).

Playing alongside a more skilled traditional PF would greatly help JV and the Raps - again - on both ends of the court.

Comment

I vote SG.

I love Ross but we have totally screwed up his player development. We should be looking at a 2 guard that is an elite shooter at least

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          I vote SG.

I love Ross but we have totally screwed up his player development. We should be looking at a 2 guard that is an elite shooter at least
          He was never going to develop properly with derozan around so we might as well trade him. If we could get middleton for the 3 and taj gibson for the 4 that would be great.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            I vote SG.

What would you do with DD ?? Play him at 3?

Comment

4 spot. Ross, JJ, DeMar and Caboclo will be all we need next season at the 3.

Comment

*Edit*

In fact I think our biggest need is backup 5. Not to play JV less, but to have another player than Hansbrough at this spot. And it's not that I don't like Hansbrough, it's that he is a 4.

Comment

I know it's a cop out, but I'd be targeting a guy who can play both.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                    What would you do with DD ?? Play him at 3?
                    Trade him for a middling pick. Draft whoever you want while increasing cap flexibility

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Both wings or both 4/5?

Comment

Haha

Nice subtle way of saying TARGET DRAYMOND GREEN

Comment

Yup.

We have the opportunity to throw the max at a player coming off their rookie deal and even if their respective team matches, we should use that opportunity. Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris (maybe not the full max), Tristan Thompson (definitely not the full max), Patrick Beverley (definitely not the full max).

If we don't offer any of these guys a big deal I'll be disappointed.

Comment

Say we trade Ross and our 2015 1st could we possible get a pick in the 12-15 range?

* This only works if our 2015 pick is in the low 20s or high teens*
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            *Edit*

In fact I think our biggest need is backup 5. Not to play JV less, but to have another player than Hansbrough at this spot. And it's not that I don't like Hansbrough, it's that he is a 4.
                            How about Bebe as the backup 5? The way he's played in both the ACB and the DLeague proves he could handle it, and would actually be pretty damn good. Problem is he's too tall for Casey's liking so Hansbrough gets backup C minutes.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              Yup.

We have the opportunity to throw the max at a player coming off their rookie deal and even if their respective team matches, we should use that opportunity. Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris (maybe not the full max), Tristan Thompson (definitely not the full max), Patrick Beverley (definitely not the full max).

If we don't offer any of these guys a big deal I'll be disappointed.
                              Add Draymond Green to your list. Also Millsap and Monroe. Lots of targets for big money offers.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                PF - Need to have an offensive threat in the low post for the sake of offensive balance. Could use the help on the glass too.

I think the combination of JJ and DeMar can help alleviate the hole at SF for now.
                                I second that !

Comment

Working...
                                X