Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patching our Biggest Need: Is it at the 3 or the 4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Haha

Nice subtle way of saying TARGET DRAYMOND GREEN
    Dan's been banging on that drum for months now, I don't think I, or anyone really, can disagree.
    Last edited by Mindlessness; Mon Mar 16, 2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Ideally we get Anthony Davis as our 4 and Kawhi Leonard as our 3. Problem solved.
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        Add Draymond Green to your list. Also Millsap and Monroe. Lots of targets for big money offers.
        I've warmed up a bit to the idea of Monroe...but obviously I can't imagine they'd make the most out of a JV/Monroe frontcourt wit h Casey here. A coaching change would be a must (though I think it is to most people at this point).

Comment

Add Draymond Green to your list. Also Millsap and Monroe. Lots of targets for big money offers.
          I was listing only RFA's! Definitely Millsap and Green, don't really like Monroe as we're already a bad defensive team

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            I know it's a cop out, but I'd be targeting a guy who can play both.
            Durant is not available till 2016 :-( . Anyone in this years pool that you think fills the desciption ?
            Green in GSW ?
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Say we trade Ross and our 2015 1st could we possible get a pick in the 12-15 range?

* This only works if our 2015 pick is in the low 20s or high teens*
              Would you trade JV and our first to the Knicks for their first this year if its in the top 2 ?
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                I was listing only RFA's! Definitely Millsap and Green, don't really like Monroe as we're already a bad defensive team
                The defense would probably be better with Monroe over Amir. Monroe's basically an average defender this year (104 DRtg, 2.5 DWS), especially at the 4. His inside offense and rebounding is what makes him special, and those are 2 big holes on this team. He's not a shot blocker (0.5 blks), but neither is Amir (107 DRtg, 1.3 DWS, 0.8 blks), so I basically see an across the board upgrade, especially offensively and rebounding. He's also much more suited to playing time at center than Amir, and he only turns 25 this summer. He's not an elite defender but there are many reasons to really like Monroe. Not my first choice, but we should definitely be considering it, as he's probably the most available of all the big time FA.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  Green is RFA too.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Is a coach a 0 or a 6? Because that's what we need.
                    exactly. Bringing in an offensive threat at the 4 is unlikely to make a big difference given the way the team plays. Amir and Patterson may not be go to guys, but the team literally does little to nothing to get them touches. Patterson, for example, is a weapon if used properly, yet the team does nothing to get him good looks from outside.

Nonetheless, to answer the OP I would still choose to upgrade the 4, but more for defensive reasons and rebounding. I think Patterson is probably best suited to a bench role, as is Amir, so getting a guy that can start at the 4 and rebound and help JV defend the paint would be ideal IMO. Who? I'm not so sure.

Again though, a new coach should be the priority as different offensive and defensive schemes could really elevate this team IMO, and our current flaws and deficiencies may not be so evident.

Comment

I like the ideas of Draymond, Gibson, and Middleton. All would be good + a new coach. As others have mentioned, many ideas almost require a coaching change as well. I just don't see Casey effectively using a new PF unless that new PF is clearly the best player on the team. Bring in Aldridge, and maybe Casey makes a big adjustment, bring in a role player type PF, and we may not see much improvement in the team.

Comment

The defense would probably be better with Monroe over Amir. Monroe's basically an average defender this year (104 DRtg, 2.5 DWS), especially at the 4. His inside offense and rebounding is what makes him special, and those are 2 big holes on this team. He's not a shot blocker (0.5 blks), but neither is Amir (107 DRtg, 1.3 DWS, 0.8 blks), so I basically see an across the board upgrade, especially offensively and rebounding. He's also much more suited to playing time at center than Amir, and he only turns 25 this summer. He's not an elite defender but there are many reasons to really like Monroe. Not my first choice, but we should definitely be considering it, as he's probably the most available of all the big time FA.
                        I don't really consider Amir a capable starting PF anymore. If our upgrade isn't a upgrade across the board I'll be worried. But I think the main attributes I want for a four is defense, ability to stretch the defense and passing. Kind of like a Josh McRoberts on offense but better defensively.

DanH wrote: View Post
                        Green is RFA too.
                        Weird. Hoopshype doesn't have a QO listed.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I've warmed up a bit to the idea of Monroe...but obviously I can't imagine they'd make the most out of a JV/Monroe frontcourt wit h Casey here. A coaching change would be a must (though I think it is to most people at this point).
                          If Casey is still coach and JV isn't traded, then adding a guy like Monroe would be absolute torture.

On the plus side, his post scoring ability would be like handing out more ISO crack to Casey. However, that would mean JV seeing more bench time, because Monroe isn't that mobile - so who guards quick PFs?

And then we could be looking at both JV and Monroe on the bench when the "scramble" unit comes in. You think the fanbase is going nuts now?

Problem with Monroe is that he has a lot of limitations, which must be accounted for with complementary players and systems that fit him on offense and defense, plus great coaching. He'd fit like a glove on offense, but like a square peg everywhere else.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Paul Milsap is perfect for this team. Exactly the player we need to get.

Improving our Coach simultaneously could result a championship contender.
                            Good point. What is Milsap's contract status?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              Good point. What is Milsap's contract status?

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                Paul Milsap is perfect for this team. Exactly the player we need to get.

Improving our Coach simultaneously could result a championship contender.
                                Very too optimistic.

There are too many holes and questions marks and just adding a new coach and Milsap is not going to make us a championship contender.

Comment

Working...
                                X