Is Casey a deterent for FA signings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Casey a deterent for FA signings?

With all the talk on here of the problems the team is experiencing, and possible upgrades at various positions as well as issues with the coach (staff?), it got me wondering if having Casey as a head coach would be a factor in preventing FA's from signing here this summer? Given the ISO heavy guard oriented offence and what appears to be a lack of proper utilization of our bigs, a defense first coach that has his team in the bottom 10 on defence, and that our play seems unsustainable and very vulnerable to top defences, I imagine that this would play a major factor for any FA's that may consider TO a destination this summer.

Any thoughts on potential FA's dismissing us due to our coach?

Honestly I feel like it's the other way around. Casey's offensive "system" has so much ISO's that it boosts players numbers up. Demar, Lowry and Lou are perfect examples.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
      With all the talk on here of the problems the team is experiencing, and possible upgrades at various positions as well as issues with the coach (staff?), it got me wondering if having Casey as a head coach would be a factor in preventing FA's from signing here this summer? Given the ISO heavy guard oriented offence and what appears to be a lack of proper utilization of our bigs, a defense first coach that has his team in the bottom 10 on defence, and that our play seems unsustainable and very vulnerable to top defences, I imagine that this would play a major factor for any FA's that may consider TO a destination this summer.

Any thoughts on potential FA's dismissing us due to our coach?
      Depends on the player. If you're somebody like Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon, Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers, OJ Mayo, Nick Young, Lance Stephenson, Kemba Walker, Joe Johnson, Dion Waiters, etc..., then I think you'd be drooling at the opportunity to play for Casey.

And when James Harden and Russell Westbrook become available....

Comment

No, he is not.

Comment

Casey has a rep as a "player's coach". I would say most players would want to play for a guy like that.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Casey has a rep as a "player's coach". I would say most players would want to play for a guy like that.
            The team is winning, has the division locked-up and has enough young talent to be considered a team on the rise. It all depends how deep a player/agent digs because, on the surface anyway, I could totally understand the Raptors having appeal - even with DC.

Comment

lets face it. most players probably dont even really know anything about toronto, let alone the head coach. so no, not a deterrent at all.

Comment

I think any negative about a franchise would be a deterrent to signing a free agent.

So yes, Casey would be a deterrent as there is no question, in my mind at least, that Casey is a negative on this team at its current place in its build.

However, no franchise is perfect and hopefully the sum of Toronto's positives far outweigh the negatives when it comes to signing free agents.

Hopefully Casey is canned within 48-72 hours of the Raptors season concluding.

Comment

Toronto, Canada.

This is your deterrent, don't try to reinvent the wheel on this one. it will never change.

Sign Kevin Durant, and have lightning hit Ross and JV and somehow turn them into stars instead of floppy penises.

Then you will have a better team.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Toronto, Canada.

This is your deterrent, don't try to reinvent the wheel on this one. it will never change.

Sign Kevin Durant, and have lightning hit Ross and JV and somehow turn them into stars instead of floppy penises.

Wait a second....

I thought JV was a stiff?

Comment

he was.... now he is a floppy penis.

hahaha

I was thinking though.... maybe having real stress in his life with a new baby will help him grow up a bit. Less whining and flailing, more manning up and balling.

Worked for Lowry.

Comment

Fans booing their team, and former players probably have more of an impact on how a free agent perceived playing for one team or another. Those are things they can take notice of while sitting on the opposing bench. The opposing coaches play calling probably doesn't stick out as vividly in their mind.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Toronto, Canada.

Toronto, yes. But Canada, NO.

Lowry gets a start in the ASG - which is undeserved, IMO. Because of Canada. Lowry also said he's getting endorsements thrown at him left, right and center. In the US, he was a nobody.

All of that translates into Ca$h money in the pockets of the players and more importantly, agents. The NBA is all about money, bro. If you overpay and load up on endorsements and bonuses, guys will play in Nunavut.

$$$$$ Talks.

Comment

I can't see a coach being a deterrent, but I could see a good enough coach being a positive. Like if someone asked me to play for Casey and offered me a million a year I would be all good to go, but if I had the option to play for a guy like Pop and a million then that would win out.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              Toronto, yes. But Canada, NO.

Lowry gets a start in the ASG - which is undeserved, IMO. Because of Canada. Lowry also said he's getting endorsements thrown at him left, right and center. In the US, he was a nobody.

All of that translates into Ca$h money in the pockets of the players and more importantly, agents. The NBA is all about money, bro. If you overpay and load up on endorsements and bonuses, guys will play in Nunavut.

$$$$$ Talks.
                              No Sir, guys will NOT play in Nunavut. You are mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                              X