Memo to dc: Playoff roster suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowry/Ross/JJ/Patterson/JV

With GV, DD, Bruno, Amir, and Bebe off the bench.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Bruno in the playoffs would be a disaster.

And although I'd love to see Bebe get minutes, seeing him in the playoffs would also be a disaster seeing as he hasn't played.

And not playing Lou would be a terrible idea, he's single-handedly won us multiple games and opens up our bench with his ability to score 25 any game.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Bruno in the playoffs would be a disaster.

And although I'd love to see Bebe get minutes, seeing him in the playoffs would also be a disaster seeing as he hasn't played.

And not playing Lou would be a terrible idea, he's single-handedly won us multiple games and opens up our bench with his ability to score 25 any game.
        And the Raptors right now aren't?

Comment

You must really hate derozan lol
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            You must really hate derozan lol
            Yes, but that has nothing to do with it. Don't you think he would be a very good bench player?

The starting lineup would be better with just Lowry and JV being the primary options with Ross, Patterson and JJ playing off those two.

DD can then operate as the primary option off the bench, surrounded by shooters (minus Bebe).

Just trying to use the assets we have to their best potential

Comment

And the Raptors right now aren't?
              They're bad, but roll with that lineup now and we might now make the playoffs. That's a flat out terrible lineup

Comment

GV/KL/DD/AJ/JV
                LW/TR/JJ/PP/TH

I think this is obvious. And it's a good shake-up that would take other teams by surprise. Lowry and GV together is a proven winner. PP could start for Amir depending on matchups. Demar gets to play SF, which might be his true natural position in my opinion. He can post up and rebound and dunk in traffic. Why do people keep seeing him as a two? The only risk I think is Lou Williams not playing the point well, but I think he'd do well against second-string PGs. His quick shot is always a threat. The players around him can all be dynamic with cuts and three-point shooting. It's a good hustle line-up, especially if Ross catches on to the concept. Ross should be scoring dunks on cuts as well as being used as a spot-up three guy. Lou is probably the best choice among our three possible PGs for this type of passing. Our perimeter defense might be lacking a bit here, but it's a lineup facing other teams' second stringers -- not so often their best 3P artists. The rebounding would be a problem. Maybe Fields could be sent in with a mission if that becomes an issue in a particular game.

I think TH is our best 2nd string center if he's got hustlers around him to snag all the deflections he creates.

If we get down by 18 points or more, send in the comeback lineup:
                KL/LW/Bruno/PP/BeBe
                You get length, stealing ability, quick release and 3P shooting ability up the wazoo. If they fail, call it good development for the rookies who would get a super-exciting, pressure-free opportunity.

Comment

PS I think my proposed starting lineup could play zone defense quite well. It's a relatively tall lineup overall, and zone would help hide the limitations of Jonas and GV within Casey's usual defensive scheme.

Comment

Memo to DC: Find a new job
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                    X