Memo to dc: Playoff roster suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memo to dc: Playoff roster suggestions

For DC / coaching staff /MLSE staffers would you please consider suggestions from RR posters for
    1. Playoff Line-up
    2. Playoff Rotations

1. KL/DD/LF/JJ/JV
    2. KL/DD/LF/JJ/JV plus LW/PP/GV/AJ or TH

Perhaps posters could come to a consensus.

1 single 3 point shooter in the starting lineup? sounds like utter disaster.

also whats with this random LF love that he should actually start, especially when JJ is already present as the 'defensive stopper'??

Comment

Landry Fields will not be part of the playoff rotations. The problem does lie at the 3 spot, where Terrence Ross has been so inconsistent. We cannot afford to have him disappear in the playoffs as he did last year, particularly when James Johnson has played at a high level most of the season. For example, Lou Williams appears in all five of the the top five 3-man lineups. JJ appears in four of the top ten, Vasquez in four, Patterson in five, and Hansbrough in six. Ross and Valanciunas appear in none, but at least JV has played much better since the all-star break.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...er_by=diff_pts

In fact, if you look at the chart, it's obvious that the bench has had more success than the starters; they are better than the opponents' bench players by a wide margin. So an argument can be made that the coach should not "tighten the rotation" for the playoffs, but rather limit the starters' minutes to keep them fresh and take advantage of the Toronto bench's prowess.

Comment

No Landry Fields. JJ is better, and we need Ross.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

No Landry. Not at this point. And no JJ at the 4 - this team needs perimeter D more than anything else.

KL/DD/JJ/AJ/JV
          GV/LW/TR/PP/TH

That's the answer, right there.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
            What if Ross goes M.I.A. in playoffs yet again?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              No Landry. Not at this point. And no JJ at the 4 - this team needs perimeter D more than anything else.

KL/DD/JJ/AJ/JV
              GV/LW/TR/PP/TH

Not bad. If TR goes MIA can give his minutes to LW. Only concern is defensively at the 4.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Not bad. If TR goes MIA can give his minutes to LW. Only concern is defensively at the 4.
                AJ and PP are fine at the 4. JJ is not really a significant upgrade over them at the 4 (maybe a slight one). Meanwhile, he's a dramatic upgrade over every other perimeter defender we have.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                  You're right JJ is better. But if need more defensive minded lineup I still think LF should be considered. Yes I know LF can't shoot...,neither could TR last year in playoffs. DanH had pretty good lineup and rotation. Hopefully it gets to DC.

Comment

KL/DD/JJ/AJ/JV
                    GV/LW/TR/PP/TH

I second this but with AJ and PP switched depending on who we play.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      I second this but with AJ and PP switched depending on who we play.
                      Thing is, with the lineups as I have them, those lineups on the year are a +10 and +13 net rating while on the court.

Switch PP and Amir, and the sample size gets smaller, but the net ratings are +5 and -28. So the starters have been effective (though less so) and the bench performance just plummets.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Thing is, with the lineups as I have them, those lineups on the year are a +10 and +13 net rating while on the court.

Switch PP and Amir, and the sample size gets smaller, but the net ratings are +5 and -28. So the starters have been effective (though less so) and the bench performance just plummets.
                        How about LW/KL/GV/JJ/2Pats everyone out of position with the slowest defender playing SF

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          How about LW/KL/GV/JJ/2Pats everyone out of position with the slowest defender playing SF
                          I don't know about your particular configuration and defensive scheme, but those 5 players have played together for 29 minutes and have a -19 net rating. Not promising.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don't know about your particular configuration and defensive scheme, but those 5 players have played together for 29 minutes and have a -19 net rating. Not promising.
                            I don't think he was serious.

Comment

Only surprised it's only 29 minutes. Ross at the 4 has been used with 2Pats at C.

Comment

Working...
                              X