• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best roster move we could make:

Leave Casey in the dressing room

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      What if Ross goes M.I.A. in playoffs yet again?
      It's certainly possible.

But he needs a 2nd chance. It's too early to write off a 3rd year player as a playoff bust.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        It's certainly possible.

But he needs a 2nd chance. It's too early to write off a 3rd year player as a playoff bust.
        I actually expect him to overcompensate come playoff time. I don't think anyone was more upset at his playoff performance then himself (especially judging by the summer interviews and early season interviews (including ones from other players and other team coaches)).

I'm not sure if it will be good or bad thing yet.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
          I actually expect him to overcompensate come playoff time. I don't think anyone was more upset at his playoff performance then himself (especially judging by the summer interviews and early season interviews (including ones from other players and other team coaches)).

I'm not sure if it will be good or bad thing yet.
          The problem is when you press you make mistakes.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            How about LW/KL/GV/JJ/2Pats everyone out of position with the slowest defender playing SF
            The kl/lw/gv lineup has a +3 net rating in 40 mins played
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Thing is, with the lineups as I have them, those lineups on the year are a +10 and +13 net rating while on the court.

Switch PP and Amir, and the sample size gets smaller, but the net ratings are +5 and -28. So the starters have been effective (though less so) and the bench performance just plummets.
              But haven't we only rolled with those lineups for 1 full game? And it was a game we got killed in (Golden State)...

I'm saying if we play Chicago or Washington, then I agree with Amir starting because we need to contain their bigs.

But if we play Milwaukee and they start the Middleton-Giannis-Dudley/Ilyasova trio, I'm fine with Patterson playing Dudley/Ilyasova.

That would also leave Amir+Hans on the bench to guard Henson+Plumlee, which should work in theory since they're all traditional bigs.

Comment

He will, and I'm taking bets.

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                What if Ross goes M.I.A. in playoffs yet again?

Comment

Option 1 :
                  KL-Ross-DD-JJ-JV // GV Lou Pat Hansbrough Amir

Option 2 :
                  KL-DD-JJ-Pat-JV // GV Lou Ross Hansbrough Amir

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
                    Option 1 :
                    KL-Ross-DD-JJ-JV // GV Lou Pat Hansbrough Amir

Option 2 :
                    KL-DD-JJ-Pat-JV // GV Lou Ross Hansbrough Amir
                    Instant no to option 1. Defensively the bench would be flat out terrible with Casey's system. Like we're talking absolute TRASH. If anything option 1 should be
                    KL-Ross-DD-JJ-JV
                    GV-Lou-Starter-Pat-Amir
                    With our rotation cut to 9 guys which I still don't think would be effective.

Comment

Just had a thought jump to me here.

When KL was down for a stretch we used Lou to fill in at point, and I actually really liked the way he played it. He understood his change in role and wasn't jacking up everything, but rather looking for the pass.

What if we took playing time from GV for Lou at the point? This would open up more minutes on the perimeter for JJ and then we dont have to worry about altering our post rotation. Nothing against GV, just kind of thinking this might be a more effective option for the personnel we have. Plus our perimeter defense would be light years ahead of where it is now.

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
                        Just had a thought jump to me here.

When KL was down for a stretch we used Lou to fill in at point, and I actually really liked the way he played it. He understood his change in role and wasn't jacking up everything, but rather looking for the pass.

What if we took playing time from GV for Lou at the point? This would open up more minutes on the perimeter for JJ and then we dont have to worry about altering our post rotation. Nothing against GV, just kind of thinking this might be a more effective option for the personnel we have. Plus our perimeter defense would be light years ahead of where it is now.
                        Don't understand Klow and GV playing with Lou. Either he's hot or not. If he's hitting shots he needs the ball and when he isn't KLow and GV don't help. The bench should have defensive players

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Don't understand Klow and GV playing with Lou. Either he's hot or not. If he's hitting shots he needs the ball and when he isn't KLow and GV don't help. The bench should have defensive players
                          Yea but what if he wasn't playing with GV, that's my point. When he ran the point he actually did a good job at getting the team involved. I still think you want lowry with 35 minutes a game, but if you opened up 13 a game on the wing for JJ by moving Lou to the point I think you're improving on both sides of the ball

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
                            Yea but what if he wasn't playing with GV, that's my point. When he ran the point he actually did a good job at getting the team involved. I still think you want lowry with 35 minutes a game, but if you opened up 13 a game on the wing for JJ by moving Lou to the point I think you're improving on both sides of the ball
                            Problem really is GV shouldn't be playing. The answer is GV is the third PG but its hard to bench him owing him 2@13M. They were never a good fit together

Comment

Best lineup is to start: KL / DD / JJ / AJ / JV ... with GV / TR / PP / LW ... more Greivis, more Jonas.
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I wanna see Lowry and lou share the backcourt to see if they can do it as well as Lowry and GV do. If they do, then we can safely trade GV away in the offseason and fix some of our perimeter d problems cuz then the only thing GV is good for will be redundant.

Comment

Working...
                                X