Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will mu have to start taking responsibility for dc's poor defensive coaching schemes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    There's nothing wrong with his schemes. It's about effort and focus. Players needs to take full responsibility.
    Sometimes I wonder if Lou is responsible for a lot of the stagnation. You hear the coaches preach ball movement all the time. As good as Lou is, there's a reason ATL shipped him for nothing.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      Sometimes I wonder if Lou is responsible for a lot of the stagnation. You hear the coaches preach ball movement all the time. As good as Lou is, there's a reason ATL shipped him for nothing.
      There was a play the other night vs the Bulls. An inbound play to Dunleavy. The coaches knew what the Bulls were running, the coaches were shouting TRoss! TRoss! according to Matt and Leo. Guess what, Dunleavy still got a wide open shot. Ross was late.

Like i said, it's about effort and focus.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
        Lou is a fantastic example to illustrate the difference between a GM's role/responsibility and a coach's.

MU dumped Salmons' contract for Lou (expiring contract & bench scorer) and Bebe (young prospect to stack at C position). It was a great use of a useless asset, without tying up salary long-term. Super low risk / high reward type move. MU provided DC with another solid bench player, as he did via the Gay trade last season.

Lou is known as a streaky shooter, as are most bench scorers. Every few games he's going to get hot enough to become the team's de facto #1 scoring option. Other games, he's ice cold and best left on the bench. Unfortunately, one of DC's weaknesses is his inability and/or unwillingness to adapt, especially in-game. DC treats Lou the same every game, giving him loads of playing time and a green light to shoot, whether he's red hot or ice cold. How many 1/8 or 1/9 or 1/10 games has he had, when the average viewer is screaming at the screen for DC to sit Lou's useless, ice cold ass on the bench?

MU provided DC with an asset that has been, in my opinion, far better overall than anybody ever expected him to be. Unfortunately, DC can't use him accordingly, at least in the games when his shooting touch is clearly off. Acquiring assets is the GM's job, but utilizing those assets effectively and efficiently, in harmony and balance with the other assets on the roster, is DC's job.

Comment

There was a play the other night vs the Bulls. An inbound play to Dunleavy. The coaches knew what the Bulls were running, the coaches were shouting TRoss! TRoss! according to Matt and Leo. Guess what, Dunleavy still got a wide open shot. Ross was late.

Like i said, it's about effort and focus.
          It doesn't matter how hard you yell at a rock, it isn't going to be able to be anything besides a rock. Doesn't mean the rock can't be useful though. Just need to use it where a rock is needed.

Asking Ross to be engaged and aware defensively seems to be like asking a rock to be a tree. Much better if you put him on someone and say don't worry about anything else except for this one guy.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with his schemes. It's about effort and focus. Players needs to take full responsibility.
            It's a good point: Casey's system requires 100% effort and focus on each possession because it's a high risk/high reward system. If you play it right you get the Miami Heat defense from their title seasons. Sadly, it's a gamble that hasn't paid off.

However, this kind of defense requires certain personnel. Theoretically Raps had the guys: Lowry and Derozan are solid team defenders; James Johnson can be very, very good; Ross showed flashes of brilliance last year on defense; and Amir has always been capable of covering up defensive issues and mistakes. It hasn't worked out that way largely because Amir is hobbled and Ross wet the bed.

Too late to change now. Just have to ride it out.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              New coach.

Trade DeRozan*

Hit up free agency.

*BC had a style of player and Casey has a style of play. DD fits both profiles. Two other similar players were Gay and Bargnani. I think Raptors have similar response to DD trade as previous two trades.
              To add:

I don't think DD fits in any of the "new age" key and three teams. If MU brings in a new coach he should be gunning for that. So firing Casey effectively means trading DD...

Comment

Define your Goal, get a coach that can take you there, fill up the SF and PF holes in the team, assign T.Ross and J.V. special coach so they improve over summer, Work with Bebe and Bruno and see what you have and ...

DD and Lowry are the ONLY bright spots of this team. MU has too many tasks on his to do list and trading DD or Lowry should not even be there.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  Define your Goal, get a coach that can take you there, fill up the SF and PF holes in the team, assign T.Ross and J.V. special coach so they improve over summer, Work with Bebe and Bruno and see what you have and ...

DD and Lowry are the ONLY bright spots of this team. MU has too many tasks on his to do list and trading DD or Lowry should not even be there.

"WHAT?!?!?!?"

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

"WHAT?!?!?!?"
                    He (7.1) has the team lead over Lowry (6.8) in WS, and Lowry plays 8.6 MPG more and ~480 more minutes total.

Crazy.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                      He (7.1) has the team lead over Lowry (6.8) in WS, and Lowry plays 8.6 MPG more and ~480 more minutes total.

Crazy.
                      Lol - I know. And that is just the start.

Crazy indeed.

Comment

It is almost a fact that both T.Ross and J.V. did not improve as much as one expected over the summer time. Looking at the NY game, J.V. is so slow on his offensive moves that was blocked both by AB and Amundson, both known to be very poor defensive player.

I expect a lot more from J.V. and I think he needs to accelerate his development this summer. Pick and area and work on it.

Comment

It is almost a fact that both T.Ross and J.V. did not improve as much as one expected over the summer time. Looking at the NY game, J.V. is so slow on his offensive moves that was blocked both by AB and Amundson, both known to be very poor defensive player.

I expect a lot more from J.V. and I think he needs to accelerate his development this summer. Pick and area and work on it.
                          Play with this chart.

http://bkref.com/tiny/E2p5T

I'm not sure what you can realistically expect out of a still improving 22 year old C.

However your complaints reflect 3 years of belly aching about lack of overall minutes and crunch time/4th quarter minutes.

JVs biggest issues right now are:
                          1) his composure
                          2) his finishing with authority (I.e dunking whenever possible)
                          3) his coach

Comment

The New York game where JV had 17 and 10 on 12 shots in 27 minutes, with a block and 2 assists thrown in? Is that the game where he showed how little he has improved?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              The New York game where JV had 17 and 10 on 12 shots in 27 minutes, with a block and 2 assists thrown in? Is that the game where he showed how little he has improved?
                              Let's be McRealistic DanH, he's a "stiff"

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Let's be McRealistic DanH, he's a "stiff"
                                It's pretty ironic how McRealistic isn't realistic
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X