Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will mu have to start taking responsibility for dc's poor defensive coaching schemes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Do people remember the pre-MU convos about getting a new GM?

Do they remember that the consensus was nobody would want to touch this job with a 10ft flagpole because of the mess BC created? That it would probably take at least 2 years just to clean up that mess?

Seems to me Masai is ahead of schedule for where most people thought the team would be even in the best case.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Im sorry, but aside from jettisoning Bargnani....what has MU done in Toronto again??

He has a bit more than defensive schemes to answer for.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    So MU has no control over his assets. Casey is not the only one in charge of development. What did MU do in summer? Send him to overrated Hakeem workshop? Teach him how to run? Ross didn't do shit in summer either.
    how does this have anything to do with the case for whether MU should be blamed for Casey now?

Honestly, what you seem incapable of grasping is that MU *already does* have to take responsibility. It is just that most of us don't think that his decisions so far have been poor under the circumstances. But you clearly do, so i'm not gonna try to convince you.

Like I said, if Casey is still here next season, then I'll have very little confidence in Ujiri.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    last season, the team was showing promise, and getting contributions from a developing JV and Ross. This season, it looks like development is being stagnated (JV) or destroyed (Ross), as well as the fact that the team is falling off the cliff both defensively and offensively.

If JV's involvement in the offence / trust from the coach had increased in step with his development he'd be ahead of where he is now, and the team would be better. But Casey has completely refused to make that adjustment. So that's grounds for firing now, which at the end of last year wasn't there.
    So MU has no control over his assets. Casey is not the only one in charge of development. What did MU do in summer? Send him to overrated Hakeem workshop? Teach him how to run? Ross didn't do shit in summer either.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    I wasn't a fan of casey's extension, but I respect that it may have been necessary to provide stability and ensure that Lowry re-signed (which was a big deal at the time).
    But I can't forsee any similar reasons to keep Casey on this year. It's really a perfect year for making a coaching change: no key free agents of our own, plus space to grab a FA.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    So he didn't want look bad instead of doing what was best for the team? There were enough reasons to fire Casey. He was outcoached by a rookie coach Jason Kidd. Rudy Gay prospered under Malone. Kings were ridiculed for firing Malone as well but in the end they got George Karl who is a massive upgrade.
    last season, the team was showing promise, and getting contributions from a developing JV and Ross. This season, it looks like development is being stagnated (JV) or destroyed (Ross), as well as the fact that the team is falling off the cliff both defensively and offensively.

If JV's involvement in the offence / trust from the coach had increased in step with his development he'd be ahead of where he is now, and the team would be better. But Casey has completely refused to make that adjustment. So that's grounds for firing now, which at the end of last year wasn't there.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    he's the GM so yes he's responsible for the team ultimately.

If Casey is still the coach next season after our 5-game first round exit, then you can blame him. It's not like he could really justify firing the coach after last season. Same thing happened when Sam Mitchell won COTY.
    So he didn't want look bad instead of doing what was best for the team? There were enough reasons to fire Casey. He was outcoached by a rookie coach Jason Kidd. Rudy Gay prospered under Malone. Kings were ridiculed for firing Malone as well but in the end they got George Karl who is a massive upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    So this is MU's core and he's responsible
    he's the GM so yes he's responsible for the team ultimately.

If Casey is still the coach next season after our 5-game first round exit, then you can blame him. It's not like he could really justify firing the coach after last season. Same thing happened when Sam Mitchell won COTY.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    literally nobody has said this lately, and it's not even remotely true. BC's core included Bargnani and Rudy Gay.
    So this is MU's core and he's responsible

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    when team was doing good MU got all the credit now we're back to "this is BC's core"
    literally nobody has said this lately, and it's not even remotely true. BC's core included Bargnani and Rudy Gay.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    when team was doing good MU got all the credit now we're back to "this is BC's core"

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    For DC.
    whats there to be responsible for? DC was already here when MU came. and the first year MU took over, DC did well. not MU's fault theres been a huge landslide this year. if DC continues his terrible streak, i'm sure he'll be gone soon.

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    MU did a nice job of covering his own ass.
    All He has to do now is to fire Casey this summer. That is all it takes from him to make the fan base happy, put their support behind him and give him another year or two.

Who ever MU hires, would need time to establish his system. Add that to the dream of 2016 of Durant, 2015-2016 year will be another year that this team will suck and will be in the Holing / Evaluation mode ...

I have to say I am not sure what kinda of GM , MU really is. Yes, he has shown us he is able to move STAR players, break down their big contracts into smaller ones and basically how to tear down a team but I have not see him build a team yet.

So far, I don't think he is a good one but I am willing to see what he does this summer. But I can tell you one thing, he is a great politician who knows how to play the game.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    MU did a nice job of covering his own ass.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    If Casey's system doesn't work in the playoffs, that's when Masai will have to make a choice. Not now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X