Game #71: Toronto Raptors 104 - Detroit Pistons 108

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished watching the game.

Brilliant play call by Casey at the end. It was bound to happen eventually. So many end of the shot clock scenarios where they went with that play, so many end of quarter scenarios, but this is the first time we got to see that play to finish the game. Absolutely brilliant. Up next: down 1 with 14 seconds left on the shot clock to get eliminated in the play offs.

If I'm Derozan I'm absolutely fuming that some massive chucker who never hits that shot is getting the final shot of the game, as opposed to Demar, who played his ass off in that quarter and is like...THE guy on the team.

Comment

• R/NBA laughing at us

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments...he_world_what/
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        50 is still attainable, if unlikely. We have to win every game against bad teams though.
        lol
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Another thing that i don't understand is the rotation. Like, JJ the other night played very well vs NYK. Tonight he didn't play at all. And he's our best defensive player.

Casey kept saying that he doesn't care about the offense he's all about defense. Then why not put your defensive lineup out there. We are getting smoked night in night out. Vasquez is trash. He's embarassing to watch defensively. Ross is just as bad as Vasquez. All our perimeter players are pretty bad defensively. But those 2 are just on another level.

Also, I hate it when they go small. Like the 3 PG lineup of Lowry, GV and Lou. Ugh. Not sure what you expect out of that lineuop defensively.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            "Are you trying to compare Drummond and Moses Malone??"
            Nope. Not at all. I just think it's a pretty impressive feat. Pretty good company. Moses Malone. Don't you think?

If that was JV all the fanboys here would probably be wetting their pants right now. I mean, the way they talk about him right now is pretty amazing lol.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Reposting this just so the facts are out there in plain sight. (This was before tonight, but as others have posted, Val still held his own against AD.)

Comment

• I have not watched the game yet. Going to this morning.

But from these comments it is pretty obvious those ripping JV didn't watch the game either.

The bias comes through loud and clear when one doesn't even take the time to look at the play by play and see what Drummond did against JV versus what he did when JV was not on the court.

Considering even looking at the boxscore and one sees JV 30 mins and Drummond 33, that shouldn't be a hard thought process.

There was about 4min40sec when Drummond was on the floor without JV. In that time he had 5 of his offensive rebounds. JV didn't play not matched up vs Drummond and managed 4.

Drummond is a physical beast, most in the game struggle with him. But after his physical attributes, what does he bring?

JV isn't perfect. He could be an all-star one day but it will only come with a strong raptor team. He is a good basketball player on a team that plays bad basketball. He is a piece you can build around, even though he is still a work in progress.

Let the fanboy comments commence.

Comment

• The last play....

Too much Casey....Raps fans deserve better.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Some salt from the horses' mouth

"The right to left crossover 3-point shot, that's the shot I shoot at the end of quarters," said Lou Williams post-game. "That was the same scenario for me. No different that the game was on the line. That's the shot I'm comfortable with, that's the shot that I make, that's the shot that I missed tonight."

"He had the iso. The clock was winding down and I feel like he had the shot. We give that to him all day because he's been making shots like that all season." - Amir Johnson, on the late 3-point attempt from Lou Williams

"We just scored on the same play with what we call a three quarter fist. High pick-and-roll - for whatever reason Lou (Williams) decided not to use it. Again, you've got to trust it. The first screen didn't set. I probably could have called a timeout with six seconds, but I thought Lou was going to attack. It was a set play that we had already called - we missed the screen. We didn't execute the screen." - Casey on the late shot attempt from Williams
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Lou even said there was no play called. These post game interviews were gold last night.

Comment

• So I am 1:43 in to the game.

Watching DeRozan on D only and already we have:

1) great help to stop penetration, his man KCP gets the ball, help comes to his man, at which point he looks opposite his help man, then notices Butler wide open in corner and jogs over, by time he gets there ball already in air for swoosh. That recognition of who helped him has to be immediate and he has to bust his ass to get over. Casey's D doesn't work any other way.....obviously.

2) great job going to defensive glass on long rebound

3) Lowry picks up Jackson just above foul line, Lowry bites on crossover and plays to go over butlers screen, Jackson goes to rim, Drummond still running back floor, JV steps out to help, demar standing on opposite block and does a stutter step watching Drummond convert the oop. Tough play but another example of DeRozan reacting behind the play.

This is going to be painful me thinks.

Edit: oh my. Replay shows Drummond actually slows at foul line and gives the "oop" sign with a wide open key. That is just awful on DeRozan. Lowry set it all in motion waiting for his man at the foul line though.
                        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Mar 25, 2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          So I am 1:43 in to the game.

Watching DeRozan on D only and already we have:

1) great help to stop penetration, his man KCP gets the ball, help comes to his man, at which point he looks opposite his help man, then notices Butler wide open in corner and jogs over, by time he gets there ball already in air for swoosh. That recognition of who helped him has to be immediate and he has to bust his ass to get over. Casey's D doesn't work any other way.....obviously.

2) great job going to defensive glass on long rebound

3) Lowry picks up Jackson just above foul line, Lowry bites on crossover and plays to go over butlers screen, Jackson goes to rim, Drummond still running back floor, JV steps out to help, demar standing on opposite block and does a stutter step watching Drummond convert the oop. Tough play but another example of DeRozan reacting behind the play.

This is going to be painful me thinks.

Edit: oh my. Replay shows Drummond actually slows at foul line and gives the "oop" sign with a wide open key. That is just awful on DeRozan. Lowry set it all in motion waiting for his man at the foul line though.
                          you should probably stop while you still can.

Comment

• You know all DeRozan did in most of the first Half was guard butler and prince.

All they did was stand in the corner.

The one time he actually had to guard someone was when Vasquez came in for Ross in first Q.

He actually did a good job but it was literally one play.

Comment

• Game #71: Toronto Raptors 104 - Detroit Pistons 108

Our frustrations are getting the better of us.

Anyone calling out Demar or JV needs to get their head checked. Specifically, Demar played with soo much heart and kept us in this game. JV had a good game going in the first half.

The biggest issue was perimeter D, breakdowns leading to open 3s.

The last play (lou ISO long 3) was disgraceful and exposed Casey (not sure why anyone expects different anymore - dude just does not draw up plays for his best players to be successful).

Vasquez was *sigh* beyond words horrible. Reggie Jackson destroyed him all game. He looked like a pylon out there! I hope we trade Vasquez after the season.....he's a big reason our perimeter D sucks and Casey just continues to play him ....

Is Casey a defensive coach? I just don't believe it anymore. How does JJ get no run? Why bring back Vasquez when we got the lead and he was so bad defensively? Why not run a play for Demar (I mean they run it all game!)??

Oh well.... It looks like the #firecasey folk will get their wish. I don't expect much from Casey come playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by special1; Wed Mar 25, 2015, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                You know all DeRozan did in most of the first Half was guard butler and prince.

All they did was stand in the corner.

The one time he actually had to guard someone was when Vasquez came in for Ross in first Q.

He actually did a good job but it was literally one play.
                                Yea that's it..... Go at the only guy pretty much everyone agrees was our best player last night. He missed shots, but also led our team in Points, Rebounds and assists....12/12 from free throw line.

Your bias makes you a little irrational. You think we're even in lasts nights game without Demar?

Why do posters feel the need to attack Demar or JV?? They're two of the best players on our team....it's just so fanboyish (yea I made that up!)......here's who I blame...

1) Casey (he decides who plays and the schemes)

2) Vasquez (do I need to explain why?)

3) Masai (he needs to have a talk with Casey ASAP)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X