Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Prospects (See Pg.7: Early Entries Announced!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Rasho is gone, and we have a 2nd rounder to pick, I hope it is Zubek from Duke. Make Zubek just rebound and box out people and defend centers, tip in offensive rebounds are his only way of defense. I'll have him come off the bench as a C.

I don't care what the hell we pick in the first round, just as long as it keeps Hedo out of the starting lineup.

Comment

What do you guys think about the FIVE Kentucky players coming out? Wall and Cousins yes, and even Patterson.

But Bledsoe could definitely use another year or two, and this freshman Daniel Orton thinks because he played Kentucky's first team in practice all year he can do fine in the NBA. The guy averaged 13 minutes with 3.4 pts 3.3 reb and 1.4 blocks. I don't know about you but this seems like a huge mistake. If he's taken it'll be as a late 2nd rounder and he'll be on an NBA bench for the length of his rookie contract(with a few stints in the D) and then likely off to Europe.

Why can't guys like this stick it out in college another year or two, refine their game and come to the NBA when they're good and ready? He'd be the man on Kentucky next year with Calapari as his coach, what's so bad about that? Maybe I'm going off on this guy but I guess I'm using him as more of an example of the many guys who think they're NBA ready and get to the league to find out they're not. He may be fine and prove me wrong but... maybe not.

Comment

I love Crawford, that cojones he has. He would not accept a losing atmosphere for long.

Apollo, if Minny wins the lottery or even if they don't...Rubio has to be up for sale right? His value has gone down since the draft I assume. I know people are going to get up in arms about another Spanish point guard, but he's pretty much the anti-Jose.

Whoever they draft should bring toughness, leadership and and a no-nonsense work ethic. I like Aldrich and am growing on Xavier and Whiteside

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
          I love Crawford, that cojones he has. He would not accept a losing atmosphere for long.

Apollo, if Minny wins the lottery or even if they don't...Rubio has to be up for sale right? His value has gone down since the draft I assume. I know people are going to get up in arms about another Spanish point guard, but he's pretty much the anti-Jose.

Whoever they draft should bring toughness, leadership and and a no-nonsense work ethic. I like Aldrich and am growing on Xavier and Whiteside
          Trust me on this, when Rubio comes up, he will be untouchable. There are always players on teams that are kind of untouchable. Getting away from all the obvious ones like Lebron, guys like DD, Galldinari, Rubio, are untouchable players. This is because teams know these guys will become really good players, but if they sell them now, they won't get any value close to what they can be.
          Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            I don't know about you but this seems like a huge mistake. If he's taken it'll be as a late 2nd rounder and he'll be on an NBA bench for the length of his rookie contract(with a few stints in the D) and then likely off to Europe.
            If he has skill and works hard he'll get a chance. All the D-League call ups this year should be proof of that. I agree though, big mistake coming out early with little on the resume.

Comment

I agree that he should be, but they have Flynn, they love Flynn and Rubio is in no hurry to come over to Minny. Their franchise is already taking heat for the two years away from being good prognosis.

If they get number one and take John Wall, Rubio becomes expendable, even now I don't see how he fits into thier long term plan.

You don't think they would do Derozan and our number 12 pick for Rubio?

Build around a core of Wall/Flynn, Derozan, Brewer, Jefferson and Love. Thats pretty money.

Comment

LOL, if they get #1 then add Flynn to the expendable list. Flynn would look nice in a Raptors jersey, huh?

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  You don't think they would do Derozan and our number 12 pick for Rubio?
                  I would do that deal in a heartbeat if I'm Toronto and I think Minny will be tempted by it too. Not sure if they take the deal but they'd definitely give it strong consideration.

Good idea.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

I don't watch college basketball so I don't have much to add to this but based on what I've heard and read ... the main player I'd be looking at is Epke Udoh.

Other than Udoh, I'd probably look to trade down the late teens (Larry Sanders) or low twenties (Wille Warren/Paul George/David Ebanks/Damion James) and try to pickup an early second round pick in the process.

I'd also be crossing my fingers that someone like Ed Davis or Greg Monroe dropped and suddenly became available. Xavier Henry is somewhat interesting too but I'd have to see him play first to know whether he offers that much more than one of those wings who'll be available later in the round (another Brandon Rush? or more upside?) .
                    Last edited by Dave; Thu Apr 8, 2010, 05:49 PM.
                    nbaroundtable

Comment

Players I'd be wary of:

Stanley Robinson -- sounds a lot like Hakim Warrick to me

Solomon Alabi + Hassan Whiteside -- raw seven footers taken in the middle of the first round rarely succeed

Motiejunas -- don't know enough about him but the Bargnani experience makes me hesitant to walk down that road again

Damion James -- I like him a lot as a late first round pick. He sounds very similar to a James Posey when Posey was coming out of Xavier. But I'm not sure I'd spend a late lottery pick on him.

Vesley -- Another guy I'd be wary of but don't know much about. He sounds like a younger bigger Jonas Jerebko. A great value pick around #20 but questionable as a lottery pick. I'd need to see him play and get a better understanding of his offensive game before I used a lottery pick on him.

Those are the players I'd be hesitant on.
                      nbaroundtable

Comment

Alright ill name my favourites..

I really like Jordan Crawford from Xavier. I think he's goign to be a really good player in the NBA. Im still not sure if he is going to declare but even though we have Demar, Crawford seems really nice. He can shoot, attack the rim, pass, rebound, he's a do-it-all SG.

Hassan Whiteside. If he's available at 12 he could be interesting. He's extremly lanky and he can flat out block shots. He could turn into the Defensive big man we all want.

Eric Bledsoe. He's really quick, plays hard defensively, and is a good passer. If BC wants to get rid of Calderon in the Summer he could easily replace him

Paul George. I really dont know why but i think he has the potential to be a good player. He is big, can shoot, really athletic. He can play the 3 or the 4. Played in a samall school.

Gordon Heyward . The guy made be a believer, he can rebound and score pretty well. He's kinda skinny. But he really did have a nice run in the tourney.

Comment

Center/PF Draft of 2010 That Could Be 12th Pick

Cole Aldrich, Patrick Patterson, Hassan Whiteside, Jan Vesely (bargnani similarities), Gani Lawal... or maybe even Donatas Motiejunas will slip..

for me i think Hassan Whiteside (need to learn post moves) or Patrick Patterson

Donatas Motiejunas? another bargnani?

What happen if we draft both Donatas Motiejunas and Jan Vesely...lol we will be doom...lol

Comment

I am of the belief that the team has to draft the best player available. If that happens to be Donatas Motiejunas then so be it. They can make a move later to sort ii out but the team needs to collect the best assets possible. I think back to when the team drafted Joey G. They passed on Granger because there was a question about his knee. Well, they passed on the best player available. How are Joey and Danny doing these days? Oh and then there is the drafting of Hoffa over Iggy... Take the best player. Always take the best player.

Comment

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...tiejunas-1300/

Best Case: Andrea Bargnani
                              Worst Case: Channing Frye

wow i thought they might say:
                              Best case: Dirk
                              Worst Case: Andrea Bargnani

Comment

Well then he would be a can't miss top ten draft pick out of the Raptors range.

Comment

Working...
                                X