Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Prospects (See Pg.7: Early Entries Announced!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like that guy who dunked on lebron is he in this years draft and any chance we can get him? also i like john wall(bwahaha ofcourse i do) any chance of getting him?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

For those not aware we are doing a fan mock draft on the main NBA board. Please check it out and contribute. The mock draft wil relate to the Raptors directly in a little over a week when we hit pick 13(approx. nine more days).

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        i like that guy who dunked on lebron is he in this years draft and any chance we can get him? also i like john wall(bwahaha ofcourse i do) any chance of getting him?
        Jordan Crawford is the dude's name that dunked on Bron Bron, he's still undecided on whether to come out. There's a 0.6% chance of getting John Wall. Keep hope alive!

Comment

And with the #13 pick the Raptors draft...

And with the 2010 13th pick the Raptors draft an,

"Athletic ... European big man with great size and length. Posesses a versatile skill-set: can handle the ball, shoot with range, pass, or operate inside. Not the toughest player around, struggles at times on the defensive end, is a very poor rebounder and can get frustrated when things aren't going his way. Upside as a scorer is considerable" (http://hoopshype.com/draft.htm)

Sounds a lot like Bargnani doesn't it? A lot of mock drafts have us picking some guy named Donatas Moteijunas, whose skillsets are described above. Why in the hell would we want a front court of Bargnani and Bargnani-Lite? Even causal fans would shudder at the thought. I need comforting. Someone please tell me Colangelo isn't going for this guy.

Comment

nah come on I doubt he can be that stupid. Montejunas ceiling is Bargnani now. He would be torched by teh media.
            I am quite confident he won't pick him. After all think of the 2006 draft he didn't pick Aldridge cos he was Bosh lite why would he change his strategy for this draft and pick Bargnani lite?

Comment

Agreed, he won't pick him. These draft guys just didn't consider the fact that we already have that player when they drew up that mock. Don't worry.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                I am a bit confused about how the lottery system works in the nba...with a 12th placement isnt there a (even remote) possibility of moving much higher?
                Easiest explanation: The top three picks in the draft are drawn via the lottery. The amount of balls each team has in the lottery is determined by the inverted standings. Only teams who missed the playoffs get a shot in the lottery unless a trade is made. Teams 1-14 have a chance at a top three pick. If they fail to win a top three pick then they draft at their position in the inverted standings unless a team ranked lower in the inverted stands wins a top three pick and then thus bumps them back a slot. The chances of the Raptors winning a top three pick are slim to none, they have six lotto balls out of hundreds.

Comment

Raptors getting "type casted"

13 Raptors Donatas Motiejunas PF/C
                  Benetton Treviso, International
                  DraftExpress.com

13. Toronto, 6: Donatas Motiejunas, C Benneton Treviso
                  RealGM.com

No analysis. There have been no mention of the Raptors brain trust being high on Motiejunas, nothing. It doesn't matter that they already have a guy like him and they need defense and rebounding. Naw, the Raptors are being slotted in with him because of the reputation around the league now. If he's foreign the Raptors want him and that's all we need to know.

The way things look to be shaping up right now Hassan Whiteside, Daniel Orton and Ekpe Udoh should be the guys talked about. I find it annoying that Colangelo has painted the Raptors into a small box when it comes to league perception...

Comment

Braveheart wrote: View Post
                    What i think they should is try and trade up and get Demarcus Cousins. A big man that actually plays center, and build around a core of Demar, Sonny, Bargnani, and Demarcus. And during free agency sign and trade bosh for some young prospect and a good point (my first pick would be Nets if they get john wall we could trade for Harris and CDR since they dont play him enough)
                    Please no DeMarcus Cousins!! He's a slow footed, lazy headcase in the making with poor lateral mobility. Fifteen years ago in the NBA he might have been worth the risk. Nowadays, there's simply no point. I'd much rather trade up to get Derrick Favors. He's made for today's NBA.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Yeah but we packaged way too many picks over the years that could have had an impact on the current team more so then the players we got back for our picks (Rudy Fernandez and Roy Hibbert could have been in a Raptor's uniform today not to mention the unknown player we are going to miss out in the next few years).
                      Or you could look at it this way, if the Raptors had kept those picks, they could have had Jared Dudley (who was drafted in that spot in 2007) and Alexis Ajinca (who was also available for that spot in 2008). I could make a never ending list of the players some of the best GMs have passed over. The reality is that late first round picks are a massive gamble.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Jordan Crawford is the dude's name that dunked on Bron Bron, he's still undecided on whether to come out. There's a 0.6% chance of getting John Wall. Keep hope alive!
                        ah, let him stay another year in college i just want him in a raptors uni.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          DraftExpress.com

RealGM.com

No analysis. There have been no mention of the Raptors brain trust being high on Motiejunas, nothing. It doesn't matter that they already have a guy like him and they need defense and rebounding. Naw, the Raptors are being slotted in with him because of the reputation around the league now. If he's foreign the Raptors want him and that's all we need to know.

The way things look to be shaping up right now Hassan Whiteside, Daniel Orton and Ekpe Udoh should be the guys talked about. I find it annoying that Colangelo has painted the Raptors into a small box when it comes to league perception...
                          I think if Colangelo picked Motiejunas, Raptors fans would openly revolt.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Grizzlies may sell their pick?

The Griz might trade a pick, sell it, or draft a foreign player for the purpose of leaving him over there for development (translation: to avoid having the guaranteed contract on their books).
                            Commercial Appeal

This caught my eye. The Grizz have the 12th pick, the Raptors the 13th. If they could buy the Grizzlies' pick or work some sort trade in moving a guy like Marco and cash their way then I'm all for that. It would allow them to add a big body or two in the paint or go get a great reserve guard in Xavier Henry. Greg Monroe may be on the board at 12 but Orton and Whiteside certainly will be. If Bosh is out they could take both of them shift Amir to the 3 if they can re-sign him. Suddenly the would have enough rebounding and defense elsewhere in the paint to make up for what Bargnani currently lacks. Another option would be to go get Henry and Whiteside and solidify the wing while adding a potential starter/main rotation guy in the paint. I think this is a deep draft and there are going to be steals found outside the top ten, thoughts?

Comment

The pick Memphis is more than likely to sell is their 25th or 28th pick (it'd probably net them $3 million). I don't think they'd sell the 12th pick, and I doubt they'd give it up for Marco.

Comment

I said for Marco and cash. I think there is zero chance they would give it up for Marco.

Comment

Working...
                                X