Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Raptors send Bruno to Europe for a year or two ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Just seems a bit insulting to guys left on the draft board, who have been playing the game since they were 4 years old.
    Should anyone be concerned about draftees' feelings when attempting to build a team?

Comment

I'd be OK sending Vasquez to Europe for a year or two. Then move the team so he can't find us when he gets back.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
        First of all Keep it clean if you want to get a reply. There is no reason for that kind of language.

Now, no one expect Bruno to become rookie of the year. No one even expect for the kid to contribute this year. No one even expect for him to see playing in every single game.

MU maybe has/had a plan that he did not share with us but from what we can see, as fans, his plan, what ever it is, did not really help Bruno in his first year in NBA !!!

Tell us this: what have you seen from Bruno from Sept till now, that shows that MU's plan for him, improved him and made him a better player? The Answer is NOTHING.

You don't always need to know what is going on behind the scenes. You just need to open your eyes and pay attention on what is going on.

You can see that he was sent to D-league and that was a disaster.
        You can see that the kid does not even get into the game in garbage time.
        You can see that when, once in blue moon, he is in the game, he can not do anything and shows no improvement since the summer league.

Improvements are step by step and no one expect a miracle from Bruno.

But simply just claiming that MU has some secret , behind the closed door and is developing Bruno away from the eyes of everyone, all the reporters and fans, is just a figment of an imagination with no proof or substance to back it up.

So far all the evidence are suggesting that MU's plans for developing Bruno has failed because the kid is sitting on a bench and playing competitive basketball for 5 minutes in a MONTH.
        Uh, was there supposed to be some laid out plan that we could follow and watch as fans? How do you know Bruno isn't getting as much help developing his game as possible at this stage? How can you tell me he ISN'T on a plan that is working? You can't, because you don't know any more then the rest of us.

and maybe Bruno would have some on court time and some work in that would placate fans like yourself if Casey actually would coach a decent game that would allow Bruno to get on. Maybe its not MU's plan that is being ineffective and its Casey's inability that is keeping Bruno from the growth you must have expected.

and you have no proof or substance that Bruno isn't growing faster than expected because you don't see practices. You only go based off the mess that is called the D league, and few minutes of that too.

Comment

keith wrote: View Post
          Uh, was there supposed to be some laid out plan that we could follow and watch as fans?
          Nobody here suggested that and if you have read the posts under this thread, this has been repeated 3 times.

How do you know Bruno isn't getting as much help developing his game as possible at this stage?
          Based on all the evidence that we have and based on the very few times we have seen him play recently, be it in the D-league or in NBA.

At his point, there are more evidences of Bruno not getting the development that he needs than the opposite.

How can you tell me he ISN'T on a plan that is working? You can't, because you don't know any more then the rest of us.
          Back to the same answer as above. Plus, Forget us fans.

How about the reporters who are in our practises ? How about those reporters that have closed ties to the team and seeing these guys day in and day out ?? I have not even seen one report that is saying that Bruno has made advances, can keep up with the other guys in the practise and is ready to play in garbage minutes.

Do you have any report like this ? If you do, please share with rest of us ...

and maybe Bruno would have some on court time and some work in that would placate fans like yourself if Casey actually would coach a decent game that would allow Bruno to get on. Maybe its not MU's plan that is being ineffective and its Casey's inability that is keeping Bruno from the growth you must have expected.

Thank you for brining this up because then this is on MU as well. MU and Casey are part of a team in which MU is kinda like Casey's boss. So if Casey is not listening to MU and they are not in the same page then this is on MU as well. If MU wanted to play Bruno and Casey has refused then MU should have had plan B to ensure that this kid sees competitive basketball more than 5 minutes in 2 month.

and you have no proof or substance that Bruno isn't growing faster than expected because you don't see practices. You only go based off the mess that is called the D league, and few minutes of that too.
          As I said, as of know, I have more evidence for my claim than you have for what you are claiming. I have the D-league games, his lack of playing time in NBA even in garbage time and lack of any recent reports from the reporter that is showing Bruno's growth. On there hand, you have nothing but a blind faith that some how MU has a plan or it is all Casey's fault.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
            Nobody here suggested that and if you have read the posts under this thread, this has been repeated 3 times.

Based on all the evidence that we have and based on the very few times we have seen him play recently, be it in the D-league or in NBA.

At his point, there are more evidences of Bruno not getting the development that he needs than the opposite.

Back to the same answer as above. Plus, Forget us fans.

How about the reporters who are in our practises ? How about those reporters that have closed ties to the team and seeing these guys day in and day out ?? I have not even seen one report that is saying that Bruno has made advances, can keep up with the other guys in the practise and is ready to play in garbage minutes.

Do you have any report like this ? If you do, please share with rest of us ...

Thank you for brining this up because then this is on MU as well. MU and Casey are part of a team in which MU is kinda like Casey's boss. So if Casey is not listening to MU and they are not in the same page then this is on MU as well. If MU wanted to play Bruno and Casey has refused then MU should have had plan B to ensure that this kid sees competitive basketball more than 5 minutes in 2 month.

As I said, as of know, I have more evidence for my claim than you have for what you are claiming. I have the D-league games, his lack of playing time in NBA even in garbage time and lack of any recent reports from the reporter that is showing Bruno's growth. On there hand, you have nothing but a blind faith that some how MU has a plan or it is all Casey's fault.
            Uh.... no. He's going off the fact that we haven't seen anything of what happens behind the scenes.

As for the "reporting", when was the last time you heard ANYTHING about any NBA player improving during the season, specifically development behind the scenes? Does it even makes sense for journalists to report on that? They want to get clicks, so they generate articles that get them. Reporting on Bruno "advancing" would not get them many clicks, if at all. There'd only be hardcore fans who would read that stuff.

When journalists do report on that stuff, it usually is a report on how much better they're doing in-game, not outside the game, in-game. Take Rudy Gobert, I bet nobody reported on him "improving behind the scenes" last year. Why would they? He isn't of concern to the team right now as he doesn't play. But now? Gobert is talked about by everyone, he is coming up in conversations involving DPOY(!!!).

When say, Zach Lowe talks about him, he literally goes on what he's seen him do in-game. There's nothing on Gobert improving off-the-court. Nil. Zilch. Zip.

Why would you expect that of Bruno?

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              They want to get clicks, so they generate articles that get them. Reporting on Bruno "advancing" would not get them many clicks, if at all. There'd only be hardcore fans who would read that stuff.
              I don't think you have been to any Raptor games this year and have not heard the chants of " Lets Go Bruno" ... If it is about clicks, Bruno will get you ton of that. Raptor fans love this guy, are curious about him and ... so the argument that Bruno does not generate any interest and this is why we do not hear anything about him from Reporters is just NOT right.

Actually, there was a lot of Buzz about Rudy Gobert last year. Just because you did not hear anything about it, it does not mean there was not.

The bottom line is Bruno is here, not playing any basketball at age of 19 !!! Raptor organization could not get him minute in D-League, and is not even playing him in garbage time.

No player improves from NOT playing basketball.

Comment

Anywhere this kid can get some playing time is where he should be. Can't develop him if he's not playing. I'd prefer to see him in the D-League where I suspect the game more closely mimics that of the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                X