Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think we should drop/trade to fix our logjam??? (SG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think we should drop/trade to fix our logjam??? (SG)

Okay guys. It's obvious what our real issue on this team is. We have too many guys that can play/ think they are a 2 on this team.

I'm gonna ask my Q like this:

If you could drop one guy off this team now that plays SG (GV, Lou, DD, Ross and Fields), who would it be and why?

My answer: Lou. Yes, he puts up points, but I think he affects our chemistry. He also has placed pressure on GV... why? Easy. Last year, GV shared the duties of playing both a 1 & 2. That was taken away from him when Lou came in, and I know that most likely affected his game this year, hence why he passes so little at times. Also, why bring him back when you have a guy that can do the same thing in Ross? And yes, I'd rather have Fields than Lou. Fields plays off the ball well and can play at the 3. Plus, he's way better defensively.

I'd love to hear people talk about it like this. Maybe I could get a better sense why people want DD gone so much.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

The fix isn't that complicated. It's GV.

Don't play him as a 2. Play him at the 1.

Problem solved. No need to necessarily drop anyone. Better roster management does wonders.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Only 1? lol

I wouldn't bring Lou back, as I'd rather try to develop Ross as the backup scoring SG.

However, if I could get a sweet trade return for DeRozan (ie: new starting PF), I'd roll with Ross as the 3&D starting SG, while keeping Lou in the backup spot.

Vasquez should be the backup PG (at most) and should never see time at the SG spot.

It really comes down to asset maximization for me, with a focus on the longer-term.

Comment

whats the point of even mentioning fields. hes obviously gonna be gone next season.

Comment

The SG position isn't really an issue per se. Derozan/Lou with Ross as an occasional depth guy if he's hot is fine especially if Derozan is the efficient Derozan we've seen recently (and flashes of earlier in the year pre-injury). There's also good value for money with that mix.

Vasquez is a backup PG and, as long as he is played in that limited role, he's fine. Fields hasn't played in 2 years so he's irrelevant.

The issue with this team right now really isn't a mystery: Kyle Lowry was awesome for the first part of the season so the Raps were awesome. Kyle Lowry has been mediocre/injured/fatigued in the second half and the Raps have been meh. If Lowry finds his November/December form heading into the playoffs they will be fine. If not, they won't win a series. If they can find their defensive form as well, they'll be dangerous. Unfortunately, there's no real indication that either of those two things are going to happen in time.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            whats the point of even mentioning fields. hes obviously gonna be gone next season.
            I'd bring him back.

High IQ, Plays off the ball, great defender and playmaker, can get to the line. Plus, he can help mentor our younger players at the 3 on D. (Mainly Daniels here).

Why not bring him back for the minimum? He may or may not have a shot (We haven't seen how well rounded his new shot is yet), but he deserves another one IMO.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              The SG position isn't really an issue per se. Derozan/Lou with Ross as an occasional depth guy if he's hot is fine especially if Derozan is the efficient Derozan we've seen recently (and flashes of earlier in the year pre-injury). There's also good value for money with that mix.

Vasquez is a backup PG and, as long as he is played in that limited role, he's fine. Fields hasn't played in 2 years so he's irrelevant.

The issue with this team right now really isn't a mystery: Kyle Lowry was awesome for the first part of the season so the Raps were awesome. Kyle Lowry has been mediocre/injured/fatigued in the second half and the Raps have been meh. If Lowry finds his November/December form heading into the playoffs they will be fine. If not, they won't win a series. If they can find their defensive form as well, they'll be dangerous. Unfortunately, there's no real indication that either of those two things are going to happen in time.
              That implies we win or die with one guy. I don't think so. I feel this is more of unit based team than a ASG caliber player one. We have a great effective bench here that we can use. Our main issue is coaching and the real hnest fact we don't have a proper SF in this lineup. We have too many fringe guys that play very similar ball.

I love most of our bench, but LW and GV don't mix as a backup PG/SG unit. That's a given.
              Axel wrote:
              KeonClark wrote:
              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                I'd bring him back.

High IQ, Plays off the ball, great defender and playmaker, can get to the line. Plus, he can help mentor our younger players at the 3 on D. (Mainly Daniels here).

Why not bring him back for the minimum? He may or may not have a shot (We haven't seen how well rounded his new shot is yet), but he deserves another one IMO.
                Why not being him back? Because he's not gonna play unless half the wing players get injured.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I'd bring him back.

landry fields get to the line???? in what world? and WHAT new shot. his arm is fucked and its clear it hasn't gotten better. he's already discussed retiring from the NBA altogether for gods sake. why the hell would we ever re-sign him.

the dude clearly does NOT have a shot anymore and theres been no indication from him or his doctors that his nerves have actually improved in any way. even if he did, his confidence is basically all but gone in that department.

he wasn't even close to being worth what he originally signed for, let alone now that hes basically completely useless unless james johnson dies in a fire.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Why not being him back? Because he's not gonna play unless half the wing players get injured.
                    IMO, drop Amir, Lou and Steamer. Sign everyone else to 1 or 2 year deals. That frees up space for him to backup our new 3 (Via UFA or the Draft) and play JJ at the 4, which is what most fans want.

This also allows Daniels to come in and play next year, who I think is more NBA ready than Bruno as of yet.

This move also moves Ross to the bench as the back up SG, which is where he should be playing. Not as a SF.

I know my plan is a little nutsy, but it makes the most sense if we really want to grow and develop the right guys and as a team. Remember that we only have the 1 pick this year in the draft. We need to use it wisely and get a 1, 3 or 4.

Our starting 5 next season:

Kl
                    DD
                    ??
                    PP
                    JV

Bench:

GV
                    TR
                    DeD/BC
                    JJ/TH
                    LN/CH
                    Axel wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:

Comment

landry fields get to the line???? in what world? and WHAT new shot. his arm is fucked and its clear it hasn't gotten better. he's already discussed retiring from the NBA altogether for gods sake. why the hell would we ever re-sign him.

the dude clearly does NOT have a shot anymore and theres been no indication from him or his doctors that his nerves have actually improved in any way. even if he did, his confidence is basically all but gone in that department.

he wasn't even close to being worth what he originally signed for, let alone now that hes basically completely useless unless james johnson dies in a fire.
                      Read up. Fields has been working on a shot with his left hand for quite some time now. If that shot doesn't work, he'd be driving to the basket more, meaning he'd get fouled more often.

A lot of people want JJ at the 4. I agree with this even though I like him as a 3 too, but with our prospects coming up, playing him at the 4 makes more sense.
                      Axel wrote:
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      KeonClark wrote:

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

DeRozan has been putting together good stretches of games that make you drool since year 2 only to then string longer stretches of horrible and inconsistent performances.

At what point does one accept he is a streaky and inconsistent player over the course of 82 games and playoffs?

With his extension looming, if a sweet trade is out there for him, time to part ways.

Vasquez is a backup PG.
                        Lou can go too.
                        Ross is not the answer - sadly.
                        Fields is done.

Build this team around JV and Lowry.

Comment

Read up. Fields has been working on a shot with his left hand for quite some time now. If that shot doesn't work, he'd be driving to the basket more, meaning he'd get fouled more often.

A lot of people want JJ at the 4. I agree with this even though I like him as a 3 too, but with our prospects coming up, playing him at the 4 makes more sense.
                          There is a pretty big leap in the logic train in this....so I'm just gonna go with this:

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

IMO, drop Amir, Lou and Steamer. Sign everyone else to 1 or 2 year deals. That frees up space for him to backup our new 3 (Via UFA or the Draft) and play JJ at the 4, which is what most fans want.

This also allows Daniels to come in and play next year, who I think is more NBA ready than Bruno as of yet.

This move also moves Ross to the bench as the back up SG, which is where he should be playing. Not as a SF.

I know my plan is a little nutsy, but it makes the most sense if we really want to grow and develop the right guys and as a team. Remember that we only have the 1 pick this year in the draft. We need to use it wisely and get a 1, 3 or 4.

Our starting 5 next season:

Kl
                            DD
                            ??
                            PP
                            JV

Bench:

GV
                            TR
                            DeD/BC
                            JJ/TH
                            LN/CH
                            daniels IS a 3. and you think we're gonna find an nba-ready starting SF at around the 20th pick?

your plan isn't nutsy. your plan just sounds like you're basing this on video games and thinking that it translates to the real world.

Comment

daniels IS a 3. and you think we're gonna find an nba-ready starting SF at around the 20th pick?

your plan isn't nutsy. your plan just sounds like you're basing this on video games and thinking that it translates to the real world.
                              1. Daniels won't start, but can play as a backup next season. We still need a starting 3.

2. Heck no. I'd rather get a 4 with that pick and play JJ if we don't sign a 3 in UFA.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                              X