What was your #CaseyBreakingPoint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your #CaseyBreakingPoint?

Seems most posters are in agreement Casey is fit for the pit..... ahhhh, Street Cents.

Not everyone reached this conclusion at the same time - as 115 pages of #FireCasey thread will attest.

So what was your #CaseyBreakingPoint?

Last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OG is our king

Comment

So we don't have anyone in the Community of Casey anymore?

Comment

For me it was a slow burn. Defensive slippage after his second year (and then again in his 4th). "Hell or High Water". Inbound play from wrong side of the court. JV's usage. Chuckfest Supreme. After timeout plays. Lou's ISO's. JJ's minutes. Over usage of guys like Anderson and Salmons. No accountability to the "stars".

The burn became really hot when the Raptors started sucking. So can't really pick one specific event that did it for me.

Comment

Last night was the final straw for me. I tried to have some hope in him. I like continuity and the fact that we've had a carousel of coaches here in Toronto hasn't helped in promoting a stable image for future FAs, but this mothaf***** has gotta go!
          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

I don't really have one and I don't really care if he's going to get fired soon.

Oh.. I remember one when Amir had last-second three point attempt to win a game.. That happened after Casey's time out if my memory serves me right. Not sure when this happened though. 2 years ago? lol

Comment

As I posted today in another thread, the whole "we don't have the personnel to pass" thing earlier this season.

Comment

I was hoping Casey wouldn't be renewed after witnessing his reliance on hero-ball (ie: Bargnani/Gay) and preference for washed-up veterans (ie: Anderson/Salmons) VS developing young players during [re]building seasons.

However, the absolute breaking point for me was the final play in game 7 against the Nets; horrendously inefficient, predictable play call that lacked any strategy or creativity, which was drawn up on the wrong side of the court.

Although I technically understood the rationale for 'having' to extend him (a repeat of BC's mistake with Mitchell after he won COY on the heels of winning a pathetically weak Atlantic division), I strongly disagreed with the move. DC was/is not the right coach to develop young players or help a treadmill team take the proverbial next step, yet he was extended and expected to do both.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  For me it was a slow burn. Defensive slippage after his second year (and then again in his 4th). "Hell or High Water". Inbound play from wrong side of the court. JV's usage. Chuckfest Supreme. After timeout plays. Lou's ISO's. JJ's minutes. Over usage of guys like Anderson and Salmons. No accountability to the "stars".

The burn became really hot when the Raptors started sucking. So can't really pick one specific event that did it for me.
                  Prett much sums it up. He's actually been THIS big of an idiot since bargnani, the only thing that masked it all was the teams inspired play after the gay trade. They shared the ball and played hard d because our core was sooo sick of losing that the sudden bright spot made them do whatever it took. Made him look like a genius for 5 months. Now that its reverted back to the nnorm we all can see what he truly is.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Last night...I went to the game. During a 3Q time out the entire #rtz coaching staff--DC and 4 asst coaches standing in a group at mid court. At the other end of the court SVG was drawing up a play surrounded by all of his players...all fully attentive and engaged--not an assistant coach in sight. The results speak for themselves.

Comment

killarneycanoegirl wrote: View Post
                      Last night...I went to the game. During a 3Q time out the entire #rtz coaching staff--DC and 4 asst coaches standing in a group at mid court. At the other end of the court SVG was drawing up a play surrounded by all of his players...all fully attentive and engaged--not an assistant coach in sight. The results speak for themselves.
                      Thanks for sharing your live insights, and welcome to RR!

Comment

For me, the breaking point wasn't a specific moment, but it happened over a couple weeks before all-star break. And it is specifically about iso plays. It got out that Casey had given his guards the option of diverting from set plays when they felt they had the advantage. And Casey said that guards were doing this too often, and that they needed to reel this in and return to the play-book more. Which I respected, because it seemed like Casey understood what the problem was, and that he had given his guards too much leash and needed to reel them.
                        But other than a game or two, nothing changed after that declaration; the problems with the offence are still exactly the same as what they were in January, and Casey doesn't look particularly interested on reigning in his guards. It should be an easy thing for a coach to address: Step 1 isn't massively rewriting the playbook... it's holding guys accountable when they're not playing in a team system. That was when I lost faith that Casey had any ability or urgent desire to change the problems with this team.
                        Actually, one specific breaking point for me was an in-bounds play at the end of the game a couple weeks ago (against the Pelicans); Amir set a perfect screen, DeRozan rolled to the basket wide open, and Vasquez simply watched him pass by, then inbounded to Lowry in the back court to set up an unsuccessful iso. Simply inexcusable by Vasquez. Yet Casey has cultivated a casual attitude about running plays where that sort of poor decision-making is accepted, where a slow-developing iso opportunity is given equal weight as a well-executed off-ball screen play.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          I don't really have one and I don't really care if he's going to get fired soon.

Oh.. I remember one when Amir had last-second three point attempt to win a game.. That happened after Casey's time out if my memory serves me right. Not sure when this happened though. 2 years ago? lol
                          How are you remaining so cool, whats your secret!? Probably a Nets fan!?

Comment

killarneycanoegirl wrote: View Post
                            That's actually pretty normal.

Btw, SVG's team will not make the playoffs this year. Casey's team on the other hand....just sayin.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                              How are you remaining so cool, whats your secret!? Probably a Nets fan!?

Comment

Working...
                              X