• Raptors have officially clinched a playoff spot

discuss and stuff...
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

hotfuzz wrote: View Post

discuss and stuff...
    LMFAOO perfect gif usage. Props.

Comment

Such an amazing way to clinch as well! To go an astounding 6-13 after the ASG... I mean, wow!

In all seriousness, I don't give a flying shit about the end to the regular season from here on out, it's just so depressing. Let's just bring on those Harry Potters and whoop their ass(6 games tops). I think as long as Kyle "don't call me Mike" Lowwwwwry is in good health, we can definitely take them. For whatever reason, the Raps matchup and play them very well. If Beal is still having health problems at that point, that bodes well for the Raptors.

Follow that vs ATL, and really, who knows? 2-2 versus them this year? I don't expect to beat them in a 7 game series, but there's still hope. Chances are slim, I know, but it's not impossible. This Raptors team could still make ECF by avoiding Chicago and Cleveland in round 2, so that's a bonus.

All I'm saying is that the matchups have been set up to where most Raps fans want through the first two rounds(should Raps make it past Wash). All I hope for is to see a good fight night-in-night-out for the rest of the regular season, whatever the outcome. 49 wins would be great, 50 even better, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not getting too up or down the rest of the way, cause it doesn't mean shit until Game 1 of the playoffs.

Just my two cents.

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!

(yes, my tallboy is still half full... so I'm gonna keep drinking and grab a next one!)

Comment

Comment

Maybe it's because of the 20 years of ineptitude, or memories of 2007 and 2014, but I feel little excitement about this news.

Comment

I feel like there should be some kind of rule that you can't clinch a playoff spot on a loss. So even though mathematically you've clinched, it's not official until you win your next game. Same goes for the division title, we could lose every single game until the end of the season and as long as Boston loses one, we get the division (cardboard and glitter) crown.

I know it's semantics because math is math, but just feels shitty given how balls-ass-terrible we've been playing.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

discuss and stuff...
              Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              LMFAOO perfect gif usage. Props.
              Agreed! Too funny!

Nicely done.

Side Note: I'm trying to make sense of the "Have you hugged your foot today" tshirt....

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                Such an amazing way to clinch as well! To go an astounding 6-13 after the ASG... I mean, wow!

In all seriousness, I don't give a flying shit about the end to the regular season from here on out, it's just so depressing. Let's just bring on those Harry Potters and whoop their ass(6 games tops). I think as long as Kyle "don't call me Mike" Lowwwwwry is in good health, we can definitely take them. For whatever reason, the Raps matchup and play them very well. If Beal is still having health problems at that point, that bodes well for the Raptors.

Follow that vs ATL, and really, who knows? 2-2 versus them this year? I don't expect to beat them in a 7 game series, but there's still hope. Chances are slim, I know, but it's not impossible. This Raptors team could still make ECF by avoiding Chicago and Cleveland in round 2, so that's a bonus.

All I'm saying is that the matchups have been set up to where most Raps fans want through the first two rounds(should Raps make it past Wash). All I hope for is to see a good fight night-in-night-out for the rest of the regular season, whatever the outcome. 49 wins would be great, 50 even better, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not getting too up or down the rest of the way, cause it doesn't mean shit until Game 1 of the playoffs.

Just my two cents.

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!

(yes, my tallboy is still half full... so I'm gonna keep drinking and grab a next one!)
                Awesome post Mack North. Whether you're right or wrong I'm hoping for more fans get behind this team instead of actually hoping for them to lose in the playoffs.

Comment

The perfect gif

discuss and stuff...

Comment

discuss and stuff...
                    This describes the Raptors to a T
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I like the Tshirt the coach is wearing!

Casey should get one: "Have you hugged your coach today"

Comment

We should have tanked 2013-14.

Comment

Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post

Just my two cents.

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!

^i love this guy! Just amazing that somebody here is actually still talking about basketball in the tone of a fan. Guys like us are a dying breed. Everybody here just wants to lose every year as soon as the going gets tough, whether for a draft pick, or simply to have our coach fired. (Rather have failure because success would mean..coach was succesful? Oookkkk...) I think a majority here have already packed it in, just DYING to get to an offseason. Me? I spend the offseason fiending for actual basketball games to return so I'm still stoked for postseason. I applaud you, macknorth, and look forward to discussing hoops with you in april and hopefully some of may!
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Not Too Xabi wrote: View Post
                              Oh no you didn't Xabi.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                              X