Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAPTORS vs. Boston (Nov.11 Saturday 7:00 PM EST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So that was embarrassing in so many ways. Just a complete ass kicking. We are so far apart as teams its not even funny. Celtics just toyed with every Raptor that was covering them. OG did nothing to make Tatum work hard. Felt like Holiday was smiling ear to ear when Pascal was covering him. He had that spin move on Pascal leaving him flat footed for an easy layup at the rim. Porzingis was too much for Poeltl. Was too quick. And when the Raptors went small it was even worse. Brown had a tough start, but Scottie stopped trying in the second half and Brown just went for easy splashy dunks like it was an all-star game. Dennis did keep Derrick White in check. But that was irrelevant.

And then the Boston bench was just shooting 3's like it was practice. Just a total ass kicking. Of course the team that looked slow footed was the team that had a 2-3 day break while the one with all the energy just played the night before.

Not much to take away from that one as the entire team looked like ass. Dick continues to look like Svi Mykhailiuk. Precious was a mess. No idea why Boucher was playing and why we had a lineup with both Boucher and Precious on the floor, with Malachi of all people.

Celtics can be up 27 with stars playing and our bench playing, and still call a coach's challenge because they know there is nothing we can do about it.

I don't know what they take from this one moving forward. Might have to burn the film and just hope and pray the next time they play each other. But I just can't see the Raptors hanging with the Celtics at all this season. We match up so poorly with them. Only team in the NBA where I have no faith we can beat them. And last night proved that.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

It's nuts just to read that.
      A team that can't sign free agents and doesn't trade particularly well gives away picks like they're nothing.
      Chicken Bob has to go.
      The Masaiah can stay.
      For a while.

Comment

• Chicken Bob and Playboy lol
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Well played...Lol.
          WTF was that.
          Outcoached, outplayed, outhussled, outsmarted..wow..
          I'll tell u when this game was lost, when Achiuwa came in and then u had..Flynn, Achiuwa and Boucher out there...lol..
          U can't have that against Boston, Barnes looked so frustrated, his trying..but u can't play with non talented and dumb players.
          Flynn has been playing better, but I still don't trust him as back up pg.
          As for the other bone heads, yikes.
          As for Mazzulla taking that challenge with a game out of reach, yeah that's a douchbag move, but if u are that mad maybe u should play better. If u don't like it play better.
          I'm gonna keep saying it, until this management gets it through their dumb minds. This ain't gonna work, strip it down and rebuild the right way.
          Siakim, Trent, Boucher, Achiuwa, Flynn, Shrodder, Boucher, Thad...ect..ect..Gone..Gone..Gone..
          Barnes, Gradey, OG...Keep..
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Celtics can be up 27 with stars playing and our bench playing, and still call a coach's challenge because they know there is nothing we can do about it.

I don't know what they take from this one moving forward.
            Feels like we’re back to the Bosh-Bargnani era. The disrespect is palpable.

No dogs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              So that was embarrassing in so many ways. Just a complete ass kicking. We are so far apart as teams its not even funny. Celtics just toyed with every Raptor that was covering them. OG did nothing to make Tatum work hard. Felt like Holiday was smiling ear to ear when Pascal was covering him. He had that spin move on Pascal leaving him flat footed for an easy layup at the rim. Porzingis was too much for Poeltl. Was too quick. And when the Raptors went small it was even worse. Brown had a tough start, but Scottie stopped trying in the second half and Brown just went for easy splashy dunks like it was an all-star game. Dennis did keep Derrick White in check. But that was irrelevant.

And then the Boston bench was just shooting 3's like it was practice. Just a total ass kicking. Of course the team that looked slow footed was the team that had a 2-3 day break while the one with all the energy just played the night before.

Not much to take away from that one as the entire team looked like ass. Dick continues to look like Svi Mykhailiuk. Precious was a mess. No idea why Boucher was playing and why we had a lineup with both Boucher and Precious on the floor, with Malachi of all people.

I don't know what they take from this one moving forward. Might have to burn the film and just hope and pray the next time they play each other. But I just can't see the Raptors hanging with the Celtics at all this season. We match up so poorly with them. Only team in the NBA where I have no faith we can beat them. And last night proved that.
              I didn't think that was ever in question.
              Either by overall roster, star power or #biased NBA reffing or combination thereof, the Raps aren't hanging over an entire season with the Celtics, Bucks (they will figure it out as I feel will the Cavs) and Sixers. Indiana and Pacers look like our comps, even the Kicks are playing well. We'ew crossing our fingers for the 6-8 slot.

Nothing has really changed for this team. For all the renewed hope with Darko, and I like him for this team, and the *gasp* development of Flynn , this is a team that still can't shoot, Scottie is far from a sure-thing-superstar and Masai/Bobby have assembled an ass bench. But mostly, it's the continued this-is-a-team-that-can't-shoot thing ....

And this board goes ape shat when Scottie has a good shooting game, Boucher runs around for a game, Flynn finally hits a 3 or two lol

Comment

• Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

I didn't think that was ever in question.
                  Either by overall roster, star power or #biased NBA reffing or combination thereof, the Raps aren't hanging over an entire season with the Celtics, Bucks (they will figure it out as I feel will the Cavs) and Sixers. Indiana and Pacers look like our comps, even the Kicks are playing well. We'ew crossing our fingers for the 6-8 slot.

Nothing has really changed for this team. For all the renewed hope with Darko, and I like him for this team, and the *gasp* development of Flynn , this is a team that still can't shoot, Scottie is far from a sure-thing-superstar and Masai/Bobby have assembled an ass bench. But mostly, it's the continued this-is-a-team-that-can't-shoot thing ....

And this board goes ape shat when Scottie has a good shooting game, Boucher runs around for a game, Flynn finally hits a 3 or two lol
                  Well I disagree nothing has changed.

Scottie's career trajectory has been corrected and that was mission one on Darko's list. OG too has been revived in some ways as it would seem he has fit into the system really well. DS has been a great addition and Flynn has turned a new leaf. Through 9 games those are some positives along with the much improved defense.

Like you pointed out they weren't contending this season and likely not anytime soon.

Comment

• Oof. Welp, Boston is really, really good.

I did find it odd they ran up the score once we checked our starters out in the 4th. They left their top guys out for 3-4 minutes against our bench on a back to back for them. I mean, more power to them, I guess, was just odd.

Overall though hung with them early, especially the bench looks, with the starters not looking super great. Didn't think it was all that ugly for a blowout loss, just the 3rd Q stretch fell away from us and that was that. Lot of weird/bad decision making from the creators in this one. Oh well, good teams make it tough, we'll see if there are any lessons learned for the next match with them.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                    X