Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any PGs that can help finish the season and contribute in the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any PGs that can help finish the season and contribute in the playoffs?

One of the Raptors biggest issues is their inability to stop or slowdown dribble penetration. Lowry is slowed by injury, Grevis has mobility that falls somewhere between a traffic pylon and a bottle of glue, and Sweet Lou seems to be thinking too much about how he can broach the topic of adding a third girlfriend. I know we are not going to pick-up a Gary Payton type player, but are there any available free agent PGs that are worth bringing in to play 5 to 10 minutes a game - http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/cur...0/NBA/position

Do any of these players fill the roll of a defensive stopper, who is a pass first point guard?

I'm available.

Anyway... I always wanted to see that Australian kid ( he plays for the cavs. ) in the Raps uniform. Dude would make our defense stats look much better instantly.

Comment

The guys on that list that are good at defense suck everywhere else, like Julyan Stone. There's a few guys that would make decent 3rd string PG's like Bynum or Maynor, but their defense kinda sucks.

Funny that Derek Fisher is on the list, let's sign him.

Comment

One thing to add, Nando is a pretty good defender. Hopefully we can bring him back next year.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          The guys on that list that are good at defense suck everywhere else, like Julyan Stone. There's a few guys that would make decent 3rd string PG's like Bynum or Maynor, but their defense kinda sucks.

Funny that Derek Fisher is on the list, let's sign him.
          Kinda sucks is actually an improvement over really sucks. Of course not using a terrible defensive PG on really fast guys would be pretty effective too.

Comment

I think a third point guard is something that is need next year some one with decent size and defensive minded.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
              One of the Raptors biggest issues is their inability to stop or slowdown dribble penetration. Lowry is slowed by injury, Grevis has mobility that falls somewhere between a traffic pylon and a bottle of glue, and Sweet Lou seems to be thinking too much about how he can broach the topic of adding a third girlfriend. I know we are not going to pick-up a Gary Payton type player, but are there any available free agent PGs that are worth bringing in to play 5 to 10 minutes a game - http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/cur...0/NBA/position

Do any of these players fill the roll of a defensive stopper, who is a pass first point guard?
              Cory Joseph

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                I'm available.

Anyway... I always wanted to see that Australian kid ( he plays for the cavs. ) in the Raps uniform. Dude would make our defense stats look much better instantly.
                Are you a terrible defender and take terrible shots?
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  Cory Joseph
                  It would be really cool to have him here, maybe even have him replace Vasquez as backup PG. If he's available and the organization can sign him I'd be on board for it. That is, if the Spurs are willing to see him go.
                  OG is our king

Comment

This is also another thing that's missing in this roster - a third string, true point guard. The Raps replaced it with a combo guard scorer in Lou Williams. This is also quite a problem as Greivis off the bench plays more of a combo guard as well than a true point guard.

And I believe Nando was let go to make room for Ennis, but the stupid Phoenix Suns team wants to have 10 point guards on their team snagged Ennis away from the Raptors for no good reason.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                      This is also another thing that's missing in this roster - a third string, true point guard. The Raps replaced it with a combo guard scorer in Lou Williams. This is also quite a problem as Greivis off the bench plays more of a combo guard as well than a true point guard.

And I believe Nando was let go to make room for Ennis, but the stupid Phoenix Suns team wants to have 10 point guards on their team snagged Ennis away from the Raptors for no good reason.
                      Nando wanted more minutes and we couldn't give it to him, so we let him to go CSKA where he's absolutely killing it. He needed those big minutes to develop more, and I think he'll truly be NBA ready next season if he has an out on his CSKA contract.

Comment

Should've kept Nando over GV like I said....

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post

I think Gutierrez could hold that 5-10 minutes a game as a defensive stopper. He maybe technically fits the definition of pass first, because he's certainly not a guy who shoots the ball a lot; But he's not going to do a lot to set up teammates... keeping the ball moving is about the best you could expect from him.

(People may remember he came in here with Milwaukee in February, put up solid rebounding and assist numbers, played big minutes, and helped contribute to our guards having an absolutely abysmal shooting game.)

Comment

Next season Raptors should look into Lin. A bit TO happy but he has good size and is decent defensively especially if he replaces GV. Think NDC is also a good choice

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Next season Raptors should look into Lin. A bit TO happy but he has good size and is decent defensively especially if he replaces GV. Think NDC is also a good choice
                              No to Lin. Ever. Super flawed player. Inconsistent. Defensively less the meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X