Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors vs. Washington Generals (Nov.13, Monday 7:00 PM EST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors vs. Washington Generals (Nov.13, Monday 7:00 PM EST)

Well...Well..Well.
    I haven't done these in a while and what better way 2 put my winning streak on the line is against those Pesky Washington Generals, I mean Bullets, I mean those Damn Wizards. Who cares..they suck.
    Who is on there team, no idea, just a bad team, Let's crush them.

Anyway, Big Game, after that Autrocity against Boston...Yukkk.
    I hope 2 God not ever c that kind of game again.
    Big Game, playoff implications..lol..must win. NO EXCUSES. U should beat this team at Home.
    Scottie gotta bring it, Raptors as a team got a bring it.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Wiz are 2-7 but actually outscore the Raptors in PPG. This would be a disasterous loss, let's go!

"The Toronto Raptors will return from a 2-2 road trip to open a four-game homestand with a clash against the Washington Wizards on Monday night.

The Raptors completed their trek with a 117-94 loss to the Boston Celtics on Saturday night.

The Wizards lost 102-94 to the host Brooklyn Nets on Sunday afternoon after overcoming a 17-point deficit to take the lead in the fourth quarter. Washington has dropped six of its past seven games."
    -SN

Comment

Should be a feel good, dominating win for the Raps.

Comment

Certainly hope we can win this one. Should do.

If we do, even with some up and down performance, hard to be upset with the overall performance thus far. Even if I have some critiques of the rotation approach, there have been some wins on bench viability and new player success, as well as signs of a leap from Scottie that can only be taken as good news. Obviously Pascal stuff is concerning but we'll see where that goes. Point being, before this early season stretch it looked like if they could stay within shouting distance of .500 early on they'd be in good shape, and so far they've managed it. Heck if they took care of business against Chicago and Portland it would look real pretty. Ifs and buts, of course...
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Certainly hope we can win this one. Should do.

If we do, even with some up and down performance, hard to be upset with the overall performance thus far. Even if I have some critiques of the rotation approach, there have been some wins on bench viability and new player success, as well as signs of a leap from Scottie that can only be taken as good news. Obviously Pascal stuff is concerning but we'll see where that goes. Point being, before this early season stretch it looked like if they could stay within shouting distance of .500 early on they'd be in good shape, and so far they've managed it. Heck if they took care of business against Chicago and Portland it would look real pretty. Ifs and buts, of course...
          I would agree.

Darko is in a catch 22 situation with Pascal. He wants the player to be super aggressive but that takes him away from his ball movement offense. It’s up to Pascal to accept his role in a Darko/ Jama offense.
          But to me it’s a tall task because after Kawhi left, he was programmed to be the guy with the ball
          mostly on his hands. Seem difficult for him now to go back to being a no.2 and play off Scottie.

I personally have high hopes that the two can develop chemistry. There were glimpses of that last season and a couple of preseason games and two games this early.

as you just said, we will see where this goes.

as far as the other players:
          GTJ plantar fasciitis is so ill-timed especially after a very good game against Dallas. This could be a long term and nagging condition, PF sucks

Precious got caught in no man’s land so many times last game, first game back from a length lay off. This oft-injured crisis in his young career has stunted his growth as a player. His basketball awareness is still lagging behind his athleticism, but that may just be something that he can’t overcome.

Comment

Overall,

it is a 4-5 record, not end of the world

some of the more talented teams out West are struggling too.

Imagine how fucking lucky the Rockets were to have that lengthy home games, of course they will look like world beaters playing a shitty team like the Hornets, beaten a Fox-less Kings twice, no Anthony Davis Lakers and a Murray less Denver who they almost cough out a win last night. The only decent win they have was New Orleans but that was questionable as their lead guard is a rookie. Their ordeal would start when they play on the road against top teams with their pride on the line. Fuck those shitty Rockets and their ball chucking 43 million player. Thank Sengun for making him looked palatable. End of Rant of that pretending team.

as far as the Raptors, we will be fine. We may not be top three, no one here have that fantasy…

but they will be in there to fight for some good placing when it’s all said and done. As I said, a 6-6 record in this brutal 12 game stretch is very good this early in the season.

As long as Scottie is developing, all should be well. It is a Marathon not a sprint.

Go Raps !

Comment

Wow. A game thread? we still create a game threads here? I have not seen a game thread here the last couple of games.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                Wow. A game thread? we still create a game threads here? I have not seen a game thread here the last couple of games.
                Claw created them so if you have him blocked...
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oh that's why. Lmao.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

All good haha.

It takes a special person to accommodate T-Rex hottakes. Unfortunately I reached a tipping point with him after the Warriors championship series two seasons ago so I have to call him out, that didn’t end well between me and him….plus obviously, also not a big fan of his two favorite players in Derozan and VanVleet. Beginning to simmer again when posts from him this season trashing 75% of the team.

Opposite poles and definitely not compatible, haha

Nothing is lost though.

Comment

OG's questionable for this one per JLew.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        OG's questionable for this one per JLew.
                        Questionable due to? If there was an attachment I can't see it.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Finger laceration on his shooting hand.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Sorry didn't provide the link. Some finger thing

Comment

Finger laceration on his shooting hand.
                              Oh no.

The guy is so unlucky with these stupid injuries.

The last time he played more than 70 games (74 games) was during his rookie season (not including of course the shortened COVID season).

Comment

Working...
                              X