Game #15 Raptors at Pacers Wednesday Nov 22nd 7:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Scottie's a creator at heart and his true usage (USG+AST) goes way up when Schroder is out and Pascal is still there because he gets to be primary creator alongside a primary finisher like he likes.

Guess what? Scottie has barely played with just Dennis so super small sample here but can you guess what his usage was in that sample? 17%! The magic cure of Pascal sitting down didn't seem to get him to finish more plays. Weird, huh? And usage is not a stat that really needs to stabilize, it's not a result, it's a descriptor of how he is playing. His AST percent is 16% too, he's barely touched the ball in that sample.

Yes, yes, I know, you've decided in your head that they don't fit and the evidence be damned. I get it. Just say that though, instead of pretending the numbers say anything that supports that.
    Ha, tap dancing around the issue.

Scottie is only high usage with Pascal not in the lineup.

Dennis has no effect on Scottie's usage.

Pascal goes to 30% usage when Dennis is out and Scottie stays the same usage.

But but. True usage...... Grasping at straws

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Ha, tap dancing around the issue.

Scottie is only high usage with Pascal not in the lineup.

Dennis has no effect on Scottie's usage.

Pascal goes to 30% usage when Dennis is out and Scottie stays the same usage.

But but. True usage...... Grasping at straws
      Do we not want Scottie to pass the ball, ever?

I want Scottie heavily involved in the offence. If his best play is to find an open teammate, I want him to do that. What I don't want is him or Pascal standing in the corner while Schroder runs PnR.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
      X