Feschuk Being His Usual Cheerful Self

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feschuk Being His Usual Cheerful Self

Today Bosh is once again his focus as well Jose and Colangelo.

“Because of where we play, we don’t get the attention of other teams,” Bosh told Marc J. Spears of Yahoo.com in a column that was presumably reported before Bosh was lost for the balance of the regular season with his facial injuries.

A couple of questions for Bosh: Is it crazy to suggest it’s not because of where you play that you and your teammates don’t get the same amount of attention as other teams? Couldn’t it be because of how you’ve played — i.e. without highlight-reel appeal and with a combined winning percentage of .458 in the five straight seasons in which you’ve been named an all-star? (The answers, by the way, are no and yes. Bosh has been a good ambassador for Toronto, but he should understand that geography is largely irrelevant in matters of celebrity. There was no bigger NBA star than Vince Carter when Carter was in full bloom a decade ago. And Carter had it all, the endorsements and the nightly ESPN-driven drooling, while based in this little hinterland that passes for something like the fourth largest city in the NBA).

And a heads-up to Calderon: They’re booing because you and your teammates, no matter how this thing ends up, are en route to yet another season of underachievement. They’re booing because they expected more from their GQ GM, their free-agent-to-be of an all-star and, to get specific, from you.
    Source - Click here

good, we need to come down hard on this team, no remorse. i was watching grill room and one guy said that "it's succesful teams that have individual owners, not these big money sucking companies who don't care about sports. we should all just start harrassing teachers until they sell the team." or something to that tune and it's true. hell, if i was a billionaire i'd buy this freakin team in a heart beat tell colangelo to go wild and see what happens i want a damn winner here in canada.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Today Bosh is once again his focus as well Jose and Colangelo.

Source - Click here
      Over the last three seasons through last night the Raptors had 112 wins and the Bulls 111.

The Bulls get a ton of coverage from ESPN and none of their players is as good as Bosh.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

A couple of questions for Bosh: Is it crazy to suggest it’s not because of where you play that you and your teammates don’t get the same amount of attention as other teams? Couldn’t it be because of how you’ve played — i.e. without highlight-reel appeal and with a combined winning percentage of .458 in the five straight seasons
        This is true.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Back out the Calderon bit and I'm with him.

Comment

Your realy don't think anyone on the Bulls is as good as Bosh? I'd trade Bosh and Calderon for Rose, in a heartbeat. If league rules allowed.
            Deadallus

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
              Your realy don't think anyone on the Bulls is as good as Bosh? I'd trade Bosh and Calderon for Rose, in a heartbeat. If league rules allowed.
              They need to add Noah, we add Reggie

Comment

The Cavs just gave the Raptors a great compliment. They would rather play a healthy Chicago Bulls than a (potentially) crippled Toronto Raptors in Round One. They lost by one point to the Bulls with LeBron sitting on the sidelines in a suit. Now they can put LeBron back in his uniform and kick their butts in four games. The Raptor players should think on this turn of events. The Cleveland Cavaliers don't want to play Toronto because they suspect that Chris Bosh will be playing if the Raptors are in the play offs. Wasn't it their team doctor who assessed the damages to CB4 immediately after the injury?

Comment

One other thought. Jose Calderone might want to spend some time this off season doing what has to be done to play NBA defense. Be nimble, be strong, be smart (study your opponent's predispositions - they're in the scouting reports). Nimbleness can be greatly enhanced by training. Strength can be - hey, look at Chris. Smart is more difficult but Jose is plenty smart already. I for one would like to have Jose and Jarret working for the Toronto franchise next year. But not as they are today. That's what the off season is for, right?

Comment

Re Feschuk: Funny, I used to disagree with almost everything Feschuk wrote ... and often, vehemently. I even stopped trying to comment on his articles, as it seemed whatever I wrote (disagreeing) about what he’d said would not get accepted onto the Star’s comment page.

These days, I’m still surprised to find I now often agree with what he writes, sometimes overwhelmingly. I question ‘who’s changed’, him or me, but the answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

Re the Cavs not playing LeBron last night. First thing I thought was ‘why am I not surprised?’. It does have the stink of ‘higher ups’ pulling strings that should be left alone, but ... the NBA does show on occasion that they’re not above a bit of foul play when it suits them. C*******ers.
                    Last edited by ws511; Fri Apr 9, 2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

ws511 wrote: View Post
                      Re Feschuk: Funny, I used to disagree with almost everything Feschuk wrote ... and often, vehemently. I even stopped trying to comment on his articles, as it seemed whatever I wrote (disagreeing) about what he’d said would not get accepted onto the Star’s comment page.

These days, I’m still surprised to find I now often agree with what he writes, sometimes overwhelmingly. I question ‘who’s changed’, him or me, but the answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

Re the Cavs not playing LeBron last night. First thing I thought was ‘why am I not surprised?’. It does have the stink of ‘higher ups’ pulling strings that should be left alone, but ... the NBA does show on occasion that they’re not above a bit of foul play when it suits them. C*******ers.
                      I feel the same way. And they wouldn't want the Raps to miss the playoffs so that Bosh leaves, and Chicago to make the playoffs so someone like, say, Wade or Bosh or Amar'e could be convinced to sign with them, could they? Nah, impossible.

Comment

Working...
                      X