X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I seriously doubt the Knicks win more than 30 games next season but it's possibly if they get someone to sign with them.

PG: Ellis or Rondo
    SG: Gerald Green or Danny Green
    SF: Carmelo
    PF: Brandon Wright
    C: Deandre Jordan or Greg Monroe

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    LOL actually a good argument. Is Derek fisher right now better at basketball than half the Knicks team or not?
    AFAIK he's never been on a 10-day

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Knicks best player might be their coach
    LOL actually a good argument. Is Derek fisher right now better at basketball than half the Knicks team or not?

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Knicks best player might be their coach

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    I seriously doubt the Knicks win more than 30 games next season but it's possibly if they get someone to sign with them.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    No team has ever lost as many games as the Knicks and made the playoffs the next year. And the Knicks aren't in the middle of rebuilding they are just starting. No picks but BKN is going to suck too.
    Well Knicks could easily make history. They have a good draft pick, cap space, and an all-star that was on the shelf. And play in a sh!tty conference.

Nets had a capped out roster with aging/injured players. No way to really improve even if they wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Chandler and Amare both went to NY and both were prized free agents. Deron Williams wanted to go but was traded to the Nets and stuck around. NY is the big city.. lots of interest I'm sure from guys that want to be stars. Lebron/KD aren't available but they could get guys like Butler, Jordan, Big Al, Monroe, or Rondo. Creating a team good enough to make the playoffs.

And, it doesn't take much to make it to the playoffs in the East. Once in the playoffs the pick is no longer in the lottery.

Denver has the right to swap with NY. So if Denver fails to make the playoffs (they won't) and NY will they'll just keep their pick and the Raptors get the crappier pick.

NY will have the pressure to retool not rebuild since they have Melo locked up and no pick in the 2016 draft.
    No team has ever lost as many games as the Knicks and made the playoffs the next year. And the Knicks aren't in the middle of rebuilding they are just starting. No picks but BKN is going to suck too.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Kobe is expiring Melo isn't. Most of the good free agents will stick with their team or go to a contender or go to L.A. if NY decides to rebuild with the leftover they will run out of cap space full of terrible deals
    It's not really a rebuild.. its a retool since Melo isn't expiring. And that's the issue. They'll want to get good quickly (ie, in one summer), and if they get into the playoff (which they easily could in the East) then the Raptors get a crappy pick.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    What big time free agent has gone to New York? Melo re-upped for money and all other big names got the fck outta there. Melo is injured and is on the decline, I'm not worried about them.

Denver would be a playoff team in the east but doesn't stand a chance in the west and I don't the their management knows where to go with this team.

We're gonna have a good pick in 2016
    Chandler and Amare both went to NY and both were prized free agents. Deron Williams wanted to go but was traded to the Nets and stuck around. NY is the big city.. lots of interest I'm sure from guys that want to be stars. Lebron/KD aren't available but they could get guys like Butler, Jordan, Big Al, Monroe, or Rondo. Creating a team good enough to make the playoffs.

And, it doesn't take much to make it to the playoffs in the East. Once in the playoffs the pick is no longer in the lottery.

Denver has the right to swap with NY. So if Denver fails to make the playoffs (they won't) and NY will they'll just keep their pick and the Raptors get the crappier pick.

NY will have the pressure to retool not rebuild since they have Melo locked up and no pick in the 2016 draft.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Not sure about that.. LA has to fill an entire roster too but free agents will have to play with Kobe instead of Melo.. and Melo can still play. NY is also in the East where its easier to win. They also have Phil to help with the sales pitch.

There are enough free agents to go around though. Either way.. even if they pick up one or two half decent free agents they'll be similar to Miami.. a fringe playoff team which means 15-17 seed. That's not a great pick.
    Kobe is expiring Melo isn't. Most of the good free agents will stick with their team or go to a contender or go to L.A. if NY decides to rebuild with the leftover they will run out of cap space full of terrible deals

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    Not sure about that.. LA has to fill an entire roster too but free agents will have to play with Kobe instead of Melo.. and Melo can still play. NY is also in the East where its easier to win. They also have Phil to help with the sales pitch.

There are enough free agents to go around though. Either way.. even if they pick up one or two half decent free agents they'll be similar to Miami.. a fringe playoff team which means 15-17 seed. That's not a great pick.
    What big time free agent has gone to New York? Melo re-upped for money and all other big names got the fck outta there. Melo is injured and is on the decline, I'm not worried about them.

Denver would be a playoff team in the east but doesn't stand a chance in the west and I don't the their management knows where to go with this team.

We're gonna have a good pick in 2016

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Knicks will lose 60 this year and 50-60 next. They have to fill an entire roster and Lakers will take all the good free agents.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Not the intent of this thread I'm sure, but I am feeling pessimistic about this pick. I have this hunch that NY is going to be a decent team next year (probably a playoff team, maybe 6/7 seed).

They'll have a top 3 pick, and a boat load of cap space while still retaining Carmelo. That's not a lottery team in my opinion even if they keep Fisher as a coach. I'm not hearing too many great things about the 2016 draft either.. but its too early to tell of course.
    Knicks will lose 60 this year and 50-60 next. They have to fill an entire roster and Lakers will take all the good free agents.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Not the intent of this thread I'm sure, but I am feeling pessimistic about this pick. I have this hunch that NY is going to be a decent team next year (probably a playoff team, maybe 6/7 seed).

They'll have a top 3 pick, and a boat load of cap space while still retaining Carmelo. That's not a lottery team in my opinion even if they keep Fisher as a coach. I'm not hearing too many great things about the 2016 draft either.. but its too early to tell of course.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    The Raptors have their own 1st round pick and get the lower (worse) of Denver/NYK's 1st round pick. Toronto's 2nd round pick will go to either Memphis or Utah.

All future draft pick info can be found here: http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X