Your thoughts?

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Your thoughts?
    Quotes I liked:

- at the end of the season to "of course review our style of play"
    - in Cleveland watching draft picks. He is in draft mode all the time
    - "Next year is Bruno's first year" - "knew it was going to be a wash"

What I didn't like:

- saying we are just in a "slump" and hinted that he really didn't think that there were any major issues...

And as usual he played his cards close to his chest.

Comment

Heard the first half of the interview on my way home, nothing really new but I'll have a listen to the rest.

Just before Masai was on, they had Gravy on there... he was promoting the launch of his new shoe, the North 6! Lol How did Gravy get a shoe? Love the guys attitude and the way he reps The Dot, but just please, stop chuckin!

*btw he said North is cause of We The North, and 6 cause I guess that's what the kids call the 416 these days(why does everything have to be shortened to it's lowest possible denominator these days? Like OMG!)*

Maybe this deserves it's own thread? meh...

Comment

Probably lots of takeaways from that but, the few things I took notice of was Masai saying this year was a wash for Bruno (which we all knew) but it sounds like next year we'll see him in games and get to see him develop some more.

Also, it doesn't sound like the plan on getting a 2nd round pick this year which makes sense considering by next summer (barring trades) they'll have Bebe, Bruno, Daniels, Draft pick, and I guess JV and TRoss to develop still.

Last thing was Masai saying they're drafting for a position in need which is also interesting. We've been in the "take the best player available regardless of position" mode for so long.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          Heard the first half of the interview on my way home, nothing really new but I'll have a listen to the rest.

Just before Masai was on, they had Gravy on there... he was promoting the launch of his new shoe, the North 6! Lol How did Gravy get a shoe? Love the guys attitude and the way he reps The Dot, but just please, stop chuckin!

*btw he said North is cause of We The North, and 6 cause I guess that's what the kids call the 416 these days(why does everything have to be shortened to it's lowest possible denominator these days? Like OMG!)*

Isn't GV new shoe a type of boot?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Isn't GV new shoe a type of boot?

Next time he needs to guard Tyreke Evans or even LeBron, he'll be ready. (Look at that grip!)

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Probably lots of takeaways from that but, the few things I took notice of was Masai saying this year was a wash for Bruno (which we all knew) but it sounds like next year we'll see him in games and get to see him develop some more.

Also, it doesn't sound like the plan on getting a 2nd round pick this year which makes sense considering by next summer (barring trades) they'll have Bebe, Bruno, Daniels, Draft pick, and I guess JV and TRoss to develop still.

Last thing was Masai saying they're drafting for a position in need which is also interesting. We've been in the "take the best player available regardless of position" mode for so long.
              An argument could be made we have a need at every single position, especially since the draft pick wouldn't be expected to be a starter.

PG: Vasquez only under contract for one more year, no 3rd stringer
              SG: Ross and DD both play some SF, Lou potentially gone, no 3rd stringer
              SF: Loaded with prospects but no starting talent, Ross not really a SF, JJ only under contract for one more year
              PF: Only PP under contract, no clear starter, no 3rd string
              C: JV and Bebe both signed long term on cheap rookie deals, still no clear backup or 3rd string

Comment

Nothing new. He was heavily defensive of the current roster, organizational direction and its prospects heading into the playoffs and it would behoove him to do so. He admitted that the roster lost its identity and they'll be assessing themselves in the summer. Basically the "Rome isn't built in a day" stance.

I find it funny how he changes in a people setting which isn't your typical bureaucratic media setting and professes opinions that can be a little out of left field.
                Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

SF is the greatest need because it is probably the most important defensive position. JJ is fine as a bench wing but a starter needs to be a two way player and with Derozan a floor spacer.

Comment

Will it make me faster ?

Mack North wrote: View Post

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
                      Will it make me faster ?
                      you mean slower?

Comment

jerome wrote: View Post
                        you mean slower?
                        Had me rolling on the floor.

Comment

LMAO...
                          LMAO...
                          That pick just made my day ...lol

tDotted wrote: View Post

Next time he needs to guard Tyreke Evans or even LeBron, he'll be ready. (Look at that grip!)

Comment

I liked the comments on Bruno - essentially next year is his rookie season.

Whether real or not, at least acknowledges his existence.

This year makes sense though - learn the language, get stronger.

Only problem is if Masai actually expects him to see the court, he better get a new coach.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              I liked the comments on Bruno - essentially next year is his rookie season.

Whether real or not, at least acknowledges his existence.

This year makes sense though - learn the language, get stronger.

Only problem is if Masai actually expects him to see the court, he better get a new coach.
                              Doesn't explain Bebe never playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X