LF-3 JJ-4 Why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF-3 JJ-4 Why not?

We are consistently giving up 110 points per game ---our defence is a joke offering no resistance to opponents. I really believe we could improve today with LF and JJ getting big minutes. TR could come off the bench. JV and TH at centre. At the 4 off the bench Amir and PP. Yes I know LF can't shoot but he can defend.

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    We are consistently giving up 110 points per game ---our defence is a joke offering no resistance to opponents. I really believe we could improve today with LF and JJ getting big minutes. TR could come off the bench. JV and TH at centre. At the 4 off the bench Amir and PP. Yes I know LF can't shoot but he can defend.
    Becasue while we may give up less points with them in the Starting 5, we'd score a helluva lot less points as well.

Is what Casey would say.

In reality, TRoss is barely more effective then either.

Comment

LF isn't even a good defender, he's average at best. Combine that with having zero offensive ability, and he's not a net plus. The defense would be much better if JJ averaged 20+ minutes per game, but Casey ain't down with that.

Comment

This isn't a serious thread, right?
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Yeah, I can't really see Fields having any positive impact. I mean, we're talking about a guy who will be out of the league in a few months.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            LF isn't even a good defender, he's average at best. Combine that with having zero offensive ability, and he's not a net plus. The defense would be much better if JJ averaged 20+ minutes per game, but Casey ain't down with that.
            You're joking, right?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              You're joking, right?
              lol i hope so
              use your eyes stop looking at stats because all you'll see is some numbers from the few times hes played and has to guard guys like melo n bron

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Becasue while we may give up less points with them in the Starting 5, we'd score a helluva lot less points as well.

Is what Casey would say.

In reality, TRoss is barely more effective then either.
                It's all part of Ross' development though. A T. Ross that is on top of his game is a lot more vital to the teams future than either of JJ or LF on the top of their respective games.

Comment

AND start Hansbrough? Amir and PPat behind Hansbrough? Boy, what you been smokin on?
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, I can't really see Fields having any positive impact. I mean, we're talking about a guy who will be out of the league in a few months.
                    75% chance of being out of the league, 25% chance he's signed by a team like San Antonio, turns into a super-useful bench player, and spends rest of his career pissing Raptors fans that our coaches never used him to his abilities.

Comment

I hope we get a d league team next year and send him down there with bruno n whoever else to see if he can learn to shoot again on a min deal

Comment

LF is a plus defender, and that's because he's a smart player. Ultimately I think he should be getting some minutes.. but Casey has his rotations set.. also explains why JJ doesn't get some burn. I'm sure Masai has asked Casey to play Ross more and that eats into JJ's minutes.

I don't know if he should be starting though. Although if you needed a stop I'd like to see him out there. I think the best defensive line up would be:

DD/LF/JJ/TH/AJ

No one can score from the outside, but the point would be to get a stop.. and then call a timeout so that you can get some better offensive players out there. And hope to hell that you can secure the defensive board if the opponent misses.

Comment

This thread needs a sanity check

Comment

I know you think Casey is idiot but you think other coaches can't come up with game plan to destroy that line up?
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

A lineup of LW-LF-JJ-TH-AJ might work just because Lou doesn't pass and with minimal spacing might pick up more fouls, he's going to shoot anyway why bother giving him passing options.Everybody else can play with out any plays drawn up. As a second unit the goal is defense first, scoring second

Comment

Working...
                              X