Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #74: Houston Rockets 96 - Toronto Raptors 99

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TRex wrote: View Post
    Am i the only who likes Lou playing PG? honestly he looks MUCH better playing the point tham GV.
    YES!!!! I was just thinking this. Not only does he look better than GV but he doesn't force as many bad shots when he plays point. He actually looks to get people involved. Why he can't look to do that when he's playing shooting guard as well is beyond me
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

    Comment


    • GLF wrote: View Post
      YES!!!! I was just thinking this. Not only does he look better than GV but he doesn't force as many bad shots when he plays point. He actually looks to get people involved. Why he can't look to do that when he's playing shooting guard as well is beyond me
      +1
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • One thing nobody has said yet, I still hated the last play of the game. Iso shot over a man covering well. Looks like it was one of our 25% of the times it was successful. Not sustainable in a best of 7. Oh well, we won right.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
          One thing nobody has said yet, I still hated the last play of the game. Iso shot over a man covering well. Looks like it was one of our 25% of the times it was successful. Not sustainable in a best of 7. Oh well, we won right.
          Do you know how often that happens in the playoffs?
          @Chr1st1anL

          Comment


          • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Houston's Rockets offensive game plan: put JV in pick n roll situations
            You surprised by that?

            JV can't defend the pnr. This is one of the main reason why he doesn't play much in the 4th. He's a LIABLILTY on defence.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • TRex wrote: View Post
              You surprised by that?

              JV can't defend the pnr. This is one of the main reason why he doesn't play much in the 4th. He's a LIABLILTY on defence.
              Just let this team ice the PNR. Casey is preaching his own system even though our boys are too slow to rotate on time!

              Comment


              • rocwell wrote: View Post
                Just let this team ice the PNR. Casey is preaching his own system even though our boys are too slow to rotate on time!
                No, rocwell.

                Adapting and maximizing player talents is frowned upon.

                Check the poster on Casey's office door:


                Comment


                • TRex wrote: View Post
                  You surprised by that?

                  JV can't defend the pnr. This is one of the main reason why he doesn't play much in the 4th. He's a LIABLILTY on defence.
                  You do realize even former DPOY Marc gasol would be a liability under Casey's system, right? Our system doesn't suit our guards or our bigs. Only one who looks decent is ppat.
                  "Stay steamy"

                  - Kobe

                  Comment


                  • hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    You do realize even former DPOY Marc gasol would be a liability under Casey's system, right? Our system doesn't suit our guards or our bigs. Only one who looks decent is ppat.
                    It actually suits all out bigs except JV. The system is based on hedging and recovering quickly. The problem is that JV is to slow footed to hedge and recover in time. Cause of that he doesn't hedge just stays in the paint.
                    @Chr1st1anL

                    Comment


                    • Sooooo

                      You do realize that Harden couldn't get to the rim at all with JV on the floor right?

                      Comment


                      • TRex wrote: View Post
                        You surprised by that?

                        JV can't defend the pnr. This is one of the main reason why he doesn't play much in the 4th. He's a LIABLILTY on defence.
                        Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        It actually suits all out bigs except JV. The system is based on hedging and recovering quickly. The problem is that JV is to slow footed to hedge and recover in time. Cause of that he doesn't hedge just stays in the paint.
                        Since March 1st, DRtg via stats.nba.com:

                        DeRozan 111.5
                        Ross 110.8
                        Amir 109.5
                        JV 108.5
                        Vasquez 108.3
                        JJ 105.7
                        Lowry 105.5
                        Patterson 105.3


                        Might be time to change the narrative.

                        Comment


                        • It's just a fucking common sense guys. You say Jonas is liability? Yes I agree in part, but what would happen if we get back to PNR defense basics?

                          At this moment, college starting 5 could easily kill our defense by just throwing multiple screens at us and WE ARE DONE w/ Jonas on the floor. WE ARE DONE.

                          Don't get me wrong, Casey is a smarty pants. This system would make us A BEST PNR defense team if we had right people to execute it!!!

                          Comment


                          • The D looked a lot better in the fourth with 2Pat and Amir hedging and recovering. They only allowed 20 points in that quarter.
                            @Chr1st1anL

                            Comment


                            • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Do you know how often that happens in the playoffs?
                              A game coming down to the last possession? Um, quite fucking often?
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Sooooo

                                You do realize that Harden couldn't get to the rim at all with JV on the floor right?
                                Not to take away from JVs performance, because he had a hell of a game, but I don't think he had a huge impact on Harden driving or not. He attempted 11 Field Goals at the basket and made 6, plus getting to the line 12 times - which is 2 more than his average.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X